Kenya 2022 Mvurugano waendelea Tume ya Uchaguzi Kenya. Wafula Chebukati, Msaidizi wake waendeleza mtifuano

Kenya 2022 General Election

JanguKamaJangu

JF-Expert Member
Feb 7, 2022
Mvurugano ndani ya Tume Huru ya Uchaguzi na Mipaka (IEBC) umeendelea baada ya viongozi wa juu wa tume hiyo Mwenyekiti Wafula Chebukati na Makamu wake, Juliana Cherera kupishana kauli wakiwa kwenye kikao cha pamoja.

Viongozi hao wakiwa na wajumbe wenzao wa Tume pamoja na wawakilishi wa vyama ambavyo uchaguzi wao uliahirishwa, walitoa matamko tofauti huku Cherera akishutumu usiri uliotawala katika zoezi hilo na ndio ulisababisha chaguzi hizo zikasogezwa mbele.

Awali, Chebukati alisema zoezi lilisitishwa awali kutokana na mvurugano wa karatasi za kupigia kura, kauli ambayo ilipingwa na Cherera .

=================

Wafula Chebukati, Juliana Cherera clash in IEBC split

The divisions within the polls agency continued to play out yesterday, with the chairman publicly clashing with his deputy in their first joint meeting after four of seven commissioners disowned the results of the presidential election.

During a meeting with candidates from eight electoral areas, which had their elections postponed, Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) Vice-Chairperson Juliana Cherera hang her boss, Mr Wafula Chebukati, out to dry over the cause of the initial postponement of the elections.

After being invited by Mr Chebukati to explain to the candidates what informed the first postponement, Ms Cherera put aside the official script to lament the secretive nature of IEBC operations.

Insisting that commissioners were not reading from the same script, Ms Cherera charged some commissioners were intentionally kept in the dark regarding the printing of ballot papers.

“We talked amongst ourselves as commissioners and did what we call PR [a public relations exercise] to save face because we did not want the commission to be divided,” Ms Cherera said.

“We tried to put pieces together despite the fact that, as a commission, we didn’t even know the first ballot papers were arriving. We were only made aware on the night before the arrival,” she added.

She further detailed how, as part of a team appointed by IEBC to oversee the printing of presidential ballot papers, they were frustrated only arriving at the tail end of the printing process.

“We did not see Mombasa, Kakamega or Kitui Rural papers and so I cannot take responsibility for ballot papers that I was not part of [their] verification. I rest my case,” she said.

Source: Nation

Chebukati atabakia peke yake kwa sababu Wanasiasa hawana urafiki wa kudumu
Chebukati yupo na Raisi mteule ambaye kwa sasa anapewa information zote kuhusu masuala ya nchi. Kenyatta saiv hana say yeyote huyo Odinga ndo kabisaa ni kama raia wengine.

Chebukati yupo na Raisi mteule ambaye kwa sasa anapewa information zote kuhusu masuala ya nchi. Kenyatta saiv hana say yeyote huyo Odinga ndo kabisaa ni kama raia wengine.
Nyakati kama hizi ndipo Lowassa na mkwewe wa NEC waliachana njiani

Chibukate atabakia peke yake

Back
Top Bottom