Muslims: We never got Gaddafi cash

MaxShimba

JF-Expert Member
Apr 11, 2008
Monitor Team
Kampala/Nationwide
Muslim leaders yesterday jumped to the defence of Prince Kassim Nakibinge Kakungulu, said to have received money from the Libyan leader, Col. Muammar Gaddafi, to dent President Museveni’s authority.

Speaking at his residence in Kibuli, Prince Nakibinge, the titular head of Muslims, said there was a conspiracy to tarnish his name and rubbished intelligence leads that he could have picked the cash which Buganda Kingdom allegedly used to finance the recent deadly riots in Kampala and neighbouring towns.

“A government-owned newspaper claimed that I travelled to Libya to get money which was used to cause chaos. I have the evidence to show it was a nullity. I have evidence to the contrary,” Prince Nakibinge told Muslims at Idd el-fitr celebrations to mark the end of Ramadhan.

He added: “People sit down and concoct stories. I have been slow to come up with a statement because even those who have been quoted in the story have not come up with a statement. This mistake was not created by the press, but it was a deliberate move by security agencies.”
cov.jpg

http://www.monitor.co.ug/artman/publish/news/Muslims_We_never_got_Gaddafi_cash_91657.shtml

Hivi ni nani asiye mjuwa Ghadafi? Huyu si ndie aliyekuwa mstari wa mbele kufund wale akina Banyamuelege, siri ipo wapi hapa. Jamaa wanapinga tu, lakini ukweli unajulikana.

Hivi ni nani asiye mjuwa Ghadafi? Huyu si ndie aliyekuwa mstari wa mbele kufund wale akina Banyamuelege, siri ipo wapi hapa. Jamaa wanapinga tu, lakini ukweli unajulikana.
Tatizo la bwana Gadaffi ni kutaka kuisilimisha Africa yote kama sio Dunia, ni mtu wa ajabu sana, yaani alipofika uganda na kutamka mbele za watu kuwa Bible ni kitabu cha uongo, hapo nilimtoa thamani sana kama mkuu wa nchi na mtu anaepigania kuiunganisha Africa ambayo ndani yake kuna WASIO WAISLAMU WENGI TU,

Like you never know with women, you too never know with muslims. To them,

anything can happen, me hata siwaaminigi sana hawa rafiki zangu. When it

comes to issue ya kusaidiwa, they are ready to even embrace and bow

before the Pope of Rome.

Monitor Team
Kampala/Nationwide

Muslim leaders yesterday jumped to the defence of Prince Kassim Nakibinge Kakungulu, said to have received money from the Libyan leader, Col. Muammar Gaddafi, to dent President Museveni’s authority.
Speaking at his residence in Kibuli, Prince Nakibinge, the titular head of Muslims, said there was a conspiracy to tarnish his name and rubbished intelligence leads that he could have picked the cash which Buganda Kingdom allegedly used to finance the recent deadly riots in Kampala and neighbouring towns.

“A government-owned newspaper claimed that I travelled to Libya to get money which was used to cause chaos. I have the evidence to show it was a nullity. I have evidence to the contrary,” Prince Nakibinge told Muslims at Idd el-fitr celebrations to mark the end of Ramadhan.
He added: “People sit down and concoct stories. I have been slow to come up with a statement because even those who have been quoted in the story have not come up with a statement. This mistake was not created by the press, but it was a deliberate move by security agencies.”
At Nakivubo Stadium, rival Mufti Zubair Kayongo and city tycoon Habib Kagimu among other top Muslim clerics condemned intelligence reports linking Prince Nakibinge to Gaddafi’s cash.

“It’s disappointing that some people fabricate stories to mudsling others by connecting them to wrong things. Between (August) 31-(September) 4, I was in Libya and Prince Nakibinge was invited but he didn’t go because he had to meet the President on September 1, then how did he get the money from Gaddafi?” Hajj Kagimu said.

He added: “It seems there is a group of bayaye (lumpens) telling the President lies. Tropical Bank has never received any money from Gaddafi to fight the government. Since 2001 when Gaddafi invited the Kabaka, he has never gone to Libya. And it’s on record that Libya supported President Museveni during the bush war, then how can Gaddafi finance the Kabaka against the President?”

Sheikh Kayongo said Prince Nakibinge has never been a politician and all claims against him are “baseless and malicious”. President Museveni told the country in a televised statement on September 10 that a foreign hand, he did not disclose, had financed the mayhem on the streets after the government blocked the Kabaka from visiting Kayunga District on September 12.

“I also got information that Mengo elements got foreign funds to further their aims of fighting the NRM and undermine the Constitution. We are following these reports very closely and we shall defeat all those elements involved,” Mr Museveni said.

Mengo has since denied receiving foreign cash to fight Mr Museveni’s government and described the reports as diversionary.
President Museveni in an address to Parliament last week, reiterated the need to bring a law that will among others force all traditional leaders in the country to declare donations from foreign countries.

On the contest between the Kabaka and Mr Museveni, Sheikh Kayongo warned of a crisis if the two sides do not agree. “Buganda cannot be stable when the Kabaka is not happy. We want our political leaders to know that both sides are important for stability.”

Mubajje condemns rioters
Meanwhile at Gaddafi National Mosque, Mufti Shaban Mubajje took a swipe at Muslims who participated in recent riots.

Sheikh Mubajje said: “Violence is prohibited in Islam and those who participated in the recent riots, their fasting is questionable and they should ask Allah for forgiveness.”

At Clock Tower Grounds, the Nakasero Imam, Sheikh Sulaiman Kakeeto asked President Museveni and the Kabaka to reconcile.
At Kibuli Mosque, Sheikh Badru Ssegujja said the standoff between the central government and the Buganda was as a result of the government’s failure to deal with unemployment and poverty.

Like you never know with women, you too never know with muslims. To them,

anything can happen, me hata siwaaminigi sana hawa rafiki zangu. When it

comes to issue ya kusaidiwa, they are ready to even embrace and bow

before the Pope of Rome.

Sure! Kama ni unafiki basi hawa jamaa wako kwenye viwango vya juu sana! Wako tayari kumsifia hata shetani ili mradi aonyeshe kukubaliana nao!

Is violence prohibited in Islam? Nonsense and hypocritical!

Well said Buchanan!

Iwould rather say that it is not prohibited, but progressively promoted!

I have a total and permanent disbelief in Moslems!

A today`s Yes is a tommorow`s No to these brethren!

Achana na hii watu ndugu!

Ili uwe "mwislamu swafi" lazima uwe mnafiki, double minded, selfish, sex maniac, warmonger, blood thirsty, unreasonable hatred desirous, to act with little or no reasoning, and the like!

MOD hii thread mbona imekaa kimawengewenge? do something about it please,i do'nt like the sound of it and the direction it is taking.

MOD hii thread mbona imekaa kimawengewenge? do something about it please,i do'nt like the sound of it and the direction it is taking.

Kila mtu akisema hapendi thread fulani halafu mods wa 'do something' kutakuwa na kujadiliana kweli? Ukiona huipendi thread achana nayo pls sio lazima kila kitu kikufurahishe wewe!

Back
Top Bottom