Make me understand why TPDC is buying Tanzanian gas from a foreign company

Cicero

JF-Expert Member
Jan 20, 2016
Came across this article and I just can't understand why TPDC is buying gas from Solo-Oil, kampuni iliyosajiliwa kwenye soko la hisa la London, Uingereza (LSE).
Who owns our gas? Isn't it national property?
Solo Oil PLC (LON:SOLO) has welcomed news of the latest payment from the Tanzanian national oil and gas company for sales from the Kiliwani North Field.

Partner Aminex this morning reported that it had received a further payment for gas produced at the single-well Kiliwani North field, where production has been averaging 15mln cubic feet of gas per day through 2017 to date.

Aminex said it continues to work with the state’s Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation (TPDC) to bring arrears fully up to date.

Updating on the Ruvuma area, meanwhile, Aminex said it is fully engaged with an updated basin model including a preliminary re-mapping of multiple stratigraphic fairways and updated resource numbers.

At the same time, recently appointed consultant Io oil & gas is working on a gas field development plan for the Ntorya field, located in Ruvuma, and this is expected to be ready in September.

Solo Oil chairman Neil Ritson said: "We are pleased to see that TPDC have made a further US$ payment for our Kiliwani gas sales and that Aminex continue to work with TPDC to bring payments up to date.

“The Ruvuma basin modelling study is an important step in optimising the development of the Ntorya gas field and Solo continues to work closely with Aminex on this project.

“We look forward to being able to report the results of the study in the coming quarter."

Solo Oil owns a 7.175% stake in Kiliwani North and has 25% of Ntorya.

IMG_20170720_112128_531.JPG
. From what I understand the same applies for gas the companies wanauza mpaka wajilipe costs walizotumia then after that kiasi kilichobaki profit gas wanaipa serikali some portion of profit as agreed but its just general concept the actual contracts are much complicated and not straight foward

DPP

Back
Top Bottom