Kisumu City gallery, Kenya's 3rd city

oguna_ligaye_20200403_1.jpeg
IMG_20200403_143321_917.JPG

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app

Kisumu needs at least 3 25 Floors to seal the Skyline.

It will be hard geographically because Kisumu like entebbe and mwanza lie on significant seismic fault lines within lake victoria basin. This has led to earthquakes in Uganda and Tanzania that could be felt in Kisumu. In 2016 a magnitude 5.7 earthquake hit Uganda because of the fault lines.
The earthquake’s epicenter was located east of the north-western town of Nsunga, - Kagera region in Tanzania on the border of Lake Victoria and it triggered a green Global Disaster Alert Coordination System.

I would also love to see such buildings in Kisumu but I fear for the safety of Kisumu residents. Another option would be to do maximum 10 floors ultra modern and wide office parks like HQ Bedfordview in south africa.

It will be hard geographically because Kisumu like entebbe and mwanza lie on significant seismic fault lines within lake victoria basin. This has led to earthquakes in Uganda and Tanzania that could be felt in Kisumu. In 2016 a magnitude 5.7 earthquake hit Uganda because of the fault lines.
The earthquake’s epicenter was located east of the north-western town of Nsunga, - Kagera region in Tanzania on the border of Lake Victoria and it triggered a green Global Disaster Alert Coordination System.

I would also love to see such buildings in Kisumu but I fear for the safety of Kisumu residents. Another option would be to do maximum 10 floors ultra modern and wide office parks like HQ Bedfordview in south africa.
The Building height cannot be affected with the geography as long as the appropriate technology is used. Los Angeles City in the USA is at the Largest fault line on earth but has buildings reaching heights of 70 floors. Tokyo Japan and Hong Kong are even worse but hit higher. Kisumu, Mwanza and Kampala can comfortably host a 30 floor high rise building which is in fact considered short in the global scale.

The Building height cannot be affected with the geography as long as the appropriate technology is used. Los Angeles City in the USA is at the Largest fault line on earth but has buildings reaching heights of 70 floors. Tokyo Japan and Hong Kong are even worse but hit higher. Kisumu, Mwanza and Kampala can comfortably host a 30 floor high rise building which is in fact considered short in the global scale.

Very true. Although I do not know how much hydraulic shock absorption systems will increase the costs of the buildings. You might be better placed to educate me on this.

Very true. Although I do not know how much hydraulic shock absorption systems will increase the costs of the buildings. You might be better placed to educate me on this.
I heard a certain county employee saying that Kidero wants to put up a 25 floor building in Kisumu, I don`t know how true this claim is.

Back
Top Bottom