Jewish Attack In Germany on Yom Kippur

Abunwasi

JF-Expert Member
Jun 25, 2009
A gunman killed two people outside a synagogue and a nearby kebab restaurant on Yom Kippur in an attack in Halle in the German state of Saxony-Anhalt that he livestreamed on a video-gaming platform.

Before the attacker began shooting on Wednesday, he broadcast an antisemitic manifesto online. One woman was killed outside the synagogue and one man in the kebab shop. Police said they had detained one person. The names of the victims and the suspect have not been released at press time.

The video circulating online showed a 27-year old German with a shaven head reciting a short statement in broken English to a camera while sitting in a parked car.
“I think the Holocaust never happened,” he began, before adding “Feminism is the cause of decline in birth rates in the West,” mentioning mass immigration and concluding: “The root of all these problems is the Jew.”

A spokeswoman for Amazon video streaming subsidiary Twitch said footage of the shooting attack was live-streamed on the service. In the video, the man drove to the synagogue, found the gates shut, swore, and after failing to force
the gates open, shot several rounds at a woman passerby.

Max Privorozki, Halle’s Jewish community chairman, described how the gunman tried to shoot his way into the synagogue. “We saw via the camera system at our synagogue that a heavily armed perpetrator with a steel helmet and a gun tried to shoot open our doors,” he told the Stuttgarter Zeitung newspaper. “The man looked like he was from the special forces... But our doors held.”

“We barricaded the doors from inside and waited for the police,” he said, adding that about 70 or 80 people were inside the synagogue observing Yom Kippur.
Rifat Tekin, who worked at the kebab restaurant, said he was making a sandwich for two construction workers when a perpetrator threw an explosive at the restaurant before shooting.

“He was very calm, like a professional,” Tekin told n-tv television. “He didn’t say anything. He just kept coming and shooting... I was hiding behind the salad counter.”
Another witness, Conrad Roesler, said that when the attacker started firing at the restaurant, “I hid in the toilet.”

Broadcasters showed images of the alleged perpetrator dressed in combat garb including a helmet.

Back
Top Bottom