JamiiForums - How To

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invisible

Robot
Feb 11, 2006
Nimekuwa naulizwa maswali mengi sana katika PM, wengi nilikuwa nawapa majibu kwa kuwaelekeza kwenda kwenye topic hii:

Sasa nimeona nianzishe rasmi topic hii ambayo nitakuwa naiangalia kwa karibu sana na kujibu kila swali na kuhakikisha kila anayeuliza anaridhika na majibu yangu.

Namna ya kujisajili (How to Register):

You cannot post anything on JamiiForums without registering (currently), but registration is so simple and all you need is to follow the link

https://www.jamiiforums.com/register.php

Which is below JamiiForums Logo

logo.gif

navbits_start.gif
Register

When you hit the Register button, you will be redirected to:

Register at JamiiForums |The Home of Great Thinkers

Please Enter Your Date of Birth Month:

i608_RegisterJF.jpg

Pls enter your month of birth, day and Year. Then hit the Proceed button.

You will need to be above 13 to be accepted registration!

>>> Then, you will be redirected to:

JamiiForums |The Home of Great Thinkers Rules

i609_Register.jpg

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of JamiiForums |The Home of Great Thinkers will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of JamiiForums |The Home of Great Thinkers, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of JamiiForums |The Home of Great Thinkers reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
These are the Rules before registering, you then will be supposed to tick the box below the rules (if you accept the rules) and click the Register button:

[ v ] I have read, and agree to abide by the JamiiForums |The Home of Great Thinkers rules.

You will be redirected to the place where you will see this message:

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below:

i606_RegisterJF2.jpg

The Username Box:

You can put the Real Name of yours or just any pen name. (Ukiweka username ya inayoashiria shari ama kejeli hatutairuhusu!).

If the username you enter is currently is in Use there will be a notification below it in a red background e.g:

That username is already in use or does not meet the administrator's standards. If you are Invisible and you have forgotten your password, click here.
... and if you enter a nickname which is unique (not in use by someone on JF then a green notification will pop up below it as follows:

Username is valid and not in use.
The password section (boxes):

Pls enter the password that you cannot forget easily, re-enter it to confirm on the right box.

The Email Section:

Pls enter the valid email (not necessary but important) and confirm it in the next box, you can copy it from the first box and paste it in the right box.

It's important to use an email that's valid as once your registration is approved we'll send an email to you as a notification on the validation & whenever you have a Private Message (PM) or Friendship Request on the Forums.

Random Question:

To verify that you're a human being, we've to ask you who's the current president of Tanzania. If you're not a Tanzanian, we recommend you to google and see the last name (Kikwete) and enter the name on the box.

Addition Info:

i607_RegisterJF3.jpg

You can enter the username (not a real name but a nickname on JF) of the person who introduced you to JamiiForums. That will give that person credits for inviting friends to JamiiForums.

You will be almost done, then hit the Complete Registration button!

We'll review your registration and within 1-60minutes your registration will be processed and a notification sent to you via Email that we've approved your registration!

To be continued...

Once registration is done, you will receive an email to notify you that your account has been validated or registration declined.

If validated, then you are a new JF Member.

Please visit this link (forum) and launch a topic to greet our members and gain a new experience on JamiiForums:

Utambulisho (Member Intro Forum)

As a JF member:

To launch a new Topic

Go to the respective Forum and hit:

newthread.gif

To launch a new Discussion...

A new Topic on Forums is referred as a New Thread.

You will see this:

i610_NewTopicThread.jpg

You can opt to use the Icon for your post or No Icon.

If you post a New Thread (New Topic) in the respective forum you will help moderators (always referred as mods on JF). If you're not sure where are you supposed to send your New Topic please Submit it under Habari/Hoja mchanganyiko Forum and we will help you to move it into the respective forum.

If you new topic is containing adult contents please request access for the Adult Forum Known as Mambo ya Kikubwa by sending a Private Message (PM) to Invisible (not Invincible pls).

If you're intending to attach anything with your New Post or comment please follow this:

i611_Attachments.jpg

Please make sure you see if the file extension you want to attach is supported. DO NOT attach any .exe extension file (application), it will be deleted immediately without notifying you.

To attach a File, click on Manage Attachments.

This' what will pop up:

i612_Attachments1.jpg

i613_Attachments2.jpg

You may opt to be notified if someone responded to your post, please make sure you click on the box under "Thread Subscription" (chini ya Manage Attachments).

You can attach a file from you local machine (computer) or from another link.

Text Editors:

We (on JamiiForums) have to types of Text editors:

The Quick Reply Editor (not recommended but can be used):

i614_QuickReply.jpg

The 'Quick Reply' editor is below any discussion.

And,

The Advanced Reply Editor.

i615_texteditoradvanced.jpg

You can get the 'Advanced Reply' Editor by clicking

quote.gif

or

reply.gif

or

Go Advanced

I do recommend to Click Preview Post to see how your text looks like before you click on 'Submit Reply' or 'Submit New Thread'. That will help you to format your text in format of your wish.

I will talk over icons and their use on JF below...

JamiiForums.com is a fully What You See Is What You Get (WYIWYG) configured. If you do not see some features do not hesitate to contact us via PM or via email.

ICONS:

removeformat.gif

That's a Remove Text Formatting for the highlighted text(s). Unaweza kuwa umekopi makala au hoja sehemu flani ikiwa na format ambayo unaona wazi si nzuri, basi ukibonyeza hapo unakuwa umeua formats zote na kuacha texts zikiwa free.

Fonts Box:

Here you can select the font type of your choice. You MUST see no codes when you do so, if you see any kind of codes do not hesitate to contact us.

Sizes Box:

Please select the Font size for your text. It's interesting if someone uses text below 3pt for normal text and 4pt for Heading of Text. We will appreciate that! Furthermore, you MUST see no codes when you do so, if you see any kind of codes do not hesitate to contact us.

i617_txtcolor.jpg

That's where you can change your text's color. Pls click there to change your text color and make sure you highlight the text you wish to change color. Furthermore, you MUST see no codes when you do so, if you see any kind of codes do not hesitate to contact us.

smilie.gif

If you click on this, you will get smiles to use for your text. They stand for : ) or : ( or : p or : $ etc.

attach.gif
menupop.gif

Attach something...

undo.gif

Undo

redo.gif

Redo

bold.gif

Bold your text

italic.gif

Make your text Italic

underline.gif

Underline your text

justifyleft.gif
justifycenter.gif
justifyright.gif

Align your text Left, Center or Justify

insertorderedlist.gif

If you've a certain list of items and you want to number them then hit this icon.

insertunorderedlist.gif

If you've a certain list of items and you want to bullet them then hit this icon.

outdent.gif

Decrease indent for your text or bullet/numbered text

indent.gif

Increase indent for your text or bullet/numbered text

createlink.gif

Insert hyperlink for your text or the source link of your information. Make sure you highlight the text you want to be hyper-linked.

Eg. Soure: JamiiForums Website

unlink.gif

Kill text links. If you highlight the above Source: JamiiForums Website and click this button then the link will go and it will read as Source: JamiiForums Website (without a link)

email.gif

If you're interested to insert an email, that's an icon for it.

insertimage.gif

If you've attached an image file or you have a link for an image go to it and make sure you right-click the image/picture and copy the image/picture link and paste on the pop up:

i618_pichajf.jpg

You will see the image/picture dispaying.

quote.gif

If you wish to quote someone you can use that icon.

code.gif

If you've a certain link or text you wish to quote as a coded txt or link then this' a useful icon for you. When you quote a link using this icon it will be displays as is. If you paste the link without coding it, it will be automatically converted to the link info.

html.gif

HTML quoting/wrapping icon

php.gif

PHP quoting/wrapping icon.

switchmode.gif

See:
resize_0.gif
(reduce the Text editor hight) &
resize_1.gif
(Increase the Text Editor Height)

NOTE:
In all above you MUST see no codes when you do so, if you see any kind of codes do not hesitate to contact us.

I will be back for more info on 4 more important stuffs on how to use JF and see it user friendly and explain to why we established several features and how to use them effectively and how to benefit from JamiiForums.

You will know these:

• Who are moderators/admin, how can you become a moderator/admin
    • Who are Premium Members and how to become a Premium member
  • How to report a certain post I think it's violating JF rules
    • How will moderators act on my report
    • What measures will be taken if I report a post and if I do not and report it by launching a new for it
  • How to create a new blog under JamiiForums
    • How can I create a usergroup and handle/manage it
  • How can I neglect someone and not see whatever he/she posts
  • How can I disable Private Messages to reach my inbox (PM Inbox)
  • How can I subscribe to JamiiForums and read all posts even if am not logged in
  • How can I change my username on JamiiForums
  • How can I send a Private Message to more than 1 user
  • How can I create an online album and make it public or private on JamiiForums
  • How can I have an email with JamiiForums
    • How can I integrate my JF email account with other email accounts (office emails, gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc)
    • How can I use JF email account on MS Outlook
  • Whom shall I contact in difficulties
  • What will lead me to be banned from JamiiForums and how can the ban affect me & my colleagues
  • How to set my Avatar image.
    • How do I change it then
    • What's the difference between the avatar and the Profile image
  • And many more!
I'll be back as promised

Asante Invisible asnte sana.

Weekend njema.
Asante mkuu,

Nimerejea ili kuendeleza shule kwa members ambao wangehitaji kueleshwa mambo kadhaa... Nashauri wadau wengi wasome hii mada kuwasaidia kuifanya JF ifanye kama tunavyopenda itumike kurahisisha mambo mengi.

BrB

SIGNATURES:

What is the signature for?

After you have registered, you may set your signature. This is a piece of text that you would like to be inserted at the end of all your posts, a little like having headed note paper.

We enabled signatures so that you will have the option to include your signature on any posts you make. If you have specified a signature, then the forum will automatically append your signature to any messages you post. You can disable signatures on a per-post basis by un-ticking the 'Show Signature' checkbox when you compose your message.

You may turn the signature on and off on posts you have already made by editing the post and altering the state of the 'Show Signature' option.

You can set your signature by editing your profile.

To edit your profile go to:
User CP which will look like this:

i644_UserCP.jpg

LOST PASSWORDS:

I lost my password, what can I do?

If you forget your password, please send a RESET request to
webmaster@jamiiforums.com and we will help you as soon as possible.

How do I get a picture under my username?

Avatars are small graphical images that you may choose in your profile. They are displayed by your username on all posts that you make. You can select the image that best describes yourself from your profile options.

These small images are called Avatars. They are displayed below your username on all posts that you make. There are two kinds of avatars: those provided by JamboForums.com and those that you upload yourself.

We provided a set of avatars and are enabled, you may select an avatar that best describes your personality.

We also have enabled custom avatars, which allows you to upload an avatar image from your computer.

Sending Private Messages (PM)

Private messages work a little like email, but are limited to registered members of this forum. You may be able to include vB Code, smilies and images in private messages that you send.

You may send a private message to a member of this forum by clicking the 'Send New Message' link in the private messaging section of your user control panel, or by clicking the button in a member's posts.

When you send a message, you have the option to save a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.

Private Message Folders

By default, you will have two folders in your private message area. These are the Inbox and the Sent Items folders.

The Inbox folder contains any new messages you receive, and allows you to view all the messages you have received, along with the name of the person who sent the message to you, and the date and time the message was sent.

The Sent Items folder contains a copy of any messages that you have sent, where you have specified that you wish to keep a copy of the message for future reference.

You may create additional folders for your messages by clicking the '
Edit Folders' link.

Each folder has a set of message controls which allow you to select messages, then either move them to one of your custom folders, or delete them completely. You may also have a button which allows you to forward multiple messages from a folder to another member of the forum.

You will need to periodically delete old messages, as the administrator has probably set a limit to the number of private messages you can have in your folders. If you exceed the number of messages specified by the administrator, you will not be able to send or receive new messages until you delete some old messages.

Whenever you read a message, you will have the option to reply to the message, or forward that message to another member of the forum. You may also have the ability to forward that message to multiple members of your buddy list.

SIGNATURES: ...

Mimi nataka niweke image katika signature yangu, lakini feature yake iko disabled. Pia naomba uniongezee kidogo size ya file katika avatar ili niweke my more iteresting avatar. Najua unaepuka kuwa na website nzito, ndo maana umelimit baadhi ya graphics na heavy files, lakini mkuu, unaweza kuniwekea hizo feature walau peke yangu?

If you're intending to attach anything with your New Post or comment please follow this:

i611_Attachments.jpg

Please make sure you see if the file extension you want to attach is supported. DO NOT attach any .exe extension file (application), it will be deleted immediately without notifying you.

To attach a File, click on Manage Attachments.

This' what will pop up:

i612_Attachments1.jpg

i613_Attachments2.jpg

You may opt to be notified if someone responded to your post, please make sure you click on the box under "Thread Subscription" (chini ya Manage Attachments).

You can attach a file from you local machine (computer) or from another link.

nakushukuru sana Invisible, lakini kwa upande wa ku-attach doc au picha bado nikuwa nafuata procedure kama ulivyoeleza but nikifika kwenye ku-apload napata shida kidogo kwani na-apload nikifiri tayari bt ukiangalia unakuta bado.

Vilevile kuna ile attachment inatokea direct mtu kuison hata kama si member anawezaiona directly bila kuji-register, ntashukuru ukinielimisha kwa hilo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom