Elections 2010 Issues in the post 31/10/2010 general election's news

Byendangwero

JF-Expert Member
Oct 24, 2010
There is some how a general consensus that the presidential results announced by both NEC and ZEC doesnot truerly reflect the wills of the people. Despite that general consensus, there are varied views on how to tackle that ploblem:
  • There are those who advocates that even if there are overwhelming evidence that there have been vote rigging and manipulation, it wont serve any useful purpose to pursue it now, after the results have been announced; for doing so, can undermine the national security. To these people, the best way forward is to let the gones be bygone.
  • On the other hand there are those who advocates that the national security go hand in hand with national justice, and hence to undermine the latter one also undermines the former. Accordingly, these people tend to take rather a strong position; they advocate that CHADEMA shouldnt recognise JK's presidency, but instead it should gather enough evidence to take NEC to court, for its role in rigging and manipulating the electrol process and for announcing false results.
I invite JF members to express their views on these two positions, on this important issue concerning the destiny of our nation.

I support the second position which postulates national security to go hand in hand with national justice

The second of course.

Those who sacrifice justice for security deserve neither

There is some how a general consensus that the presidential results announced by both NEC and ZEC doesnot truerly reflect the wills of the people. Despite that general consensus, there are varied views on how to tackle that ploblem:
  • There are those who advocates that even if there are overwhelming evidence that there have been vote rigging and manipulation, it wont serve any useful purpose to pursue it now, after the results have been announced; for doing so, can undermine the national security. To these people, the best way forward is to let the gones be bygone.
  • On the other hand there are those who advocates that the national security go hand in hand with national justice, and hence to undermine the latter one also undermines the former. Accordingly, these people tend to take rather a strong position; they advocate that CHADEMA shouldnt recognise JK's presidency, but instead it should gather enough evidence to take NEC to court, for its role in rigging and manipulating the electrol process and for announcing false results.
I invite JF members to express their views on these two positions, on this important issue concerning the destiny of our nation.

I am for the second alternative but i dont think we can achieve anything in the court of law. All judges are appointed by the president. That being the case I can only expect them to be loyal to the president the same way NEC is. A good example is their most recent infamous ruling on independent candidate. Not only did they quash it (having an independent candidate) but also raised new grounds which, according to them, should (must) never be questioned..eg age of candidate etc. Briefly, judges are politicians and serve the interests of their master!

Correct me ..., there is something like.. "Presidential election ... cant be taken to the court once announced"
But definetly something very effective has be done..

If nothing is done..?
Anybody next time knows exactly how to get to the state house! ..and this must boldly be discouraged!

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom