Is Kenya Preparing For War?

That country is in war; civil war of course. They are best in killing themselves.

Thanks for your analytic response, I partly agree and partly disagree with you. As a country Kenya has a budget, where different ministries/departments are allocated a sizable amount of money depending on its needs and Budget. Every ministry from education, Agriculture, special program to defense have a budget in which they are supposed to spend. so to me when you say that we shouldn't buy modern arsenal so that we divert the fund to education (Which got the biggest chunk -133 Billion, in the 2009-2010 budget FYI), I think you are missing the point.

With a defense budget of 44 Billion, why shouldnt they arm the 30 000 men with modern weaponry? The ministry of Agriculture was given 11.7 billion ksh. which is still grossly misappropriated. We shouldn't also ignore the internal security ministry which was given 43.5 Billion, and they havent bought anything to raise eyebrows.

If you want peace prepare for war, we are living in a volatile region, with terrorists planning on how they can attack, you dont expect us to sit still and pray for miracles. We must arm ourself and I support this fully.

I alluded to my understanding of the inevitable need for defense spending.

However, I still feel the amount alloted is far and beyond the economic point of diminishing returns.

All said, apart from philosophic discussions of principles, this - the justification of this move- is a matter for Kenyans to decide. My understanding is you fall under this eligibility.I don't.

It is their money after all. Who are we - the bulk of Tanzanians here- to tell them how to spend their money? Save for the fact that the thread solicited opinion from all members, this is a strictly Kenyan matter. I would opine with that caveat in mind.

I was wondering if these guys truly knows what they're doing!

Extravagant millitary expenditure and yet you cant finance referundum?Constitution is the contract between citizens and leaders,it is the book of principles to guide the governors and the governed and yet you cant finance it.you are spending so much to acquire millitary facilities while your people can not even afford the basic needs or struggling to earn living

And funny enough even the citizens cannot question the moral,political,ecnomical and social legitimacy of such government expenditure.

Hunger is the most dangerous war on earth,feed your people and spend the litle money you have to establish a well civilized social welfare state.

How can you arm the starving pipo with tanks insteady of feeding them?how can you arm illiterate people insteady of givin them better education?how can you defend unemployed youths instead of arming them with job security? Let us be wise even once!

Tanks and war plane ain't enough to win the war, i see little differences btn TZ and kenya military capabilities(CIA FACTBOOK), infact TZ have some added advantages them they have uluo, ukikuyu ukamba where TZ have none of this nonesense!, starvation set its permanent foothold in kenya. jamani utapigana vita na njaa?

Yale yale unatumia hele nyingi katika mambo yasitakiwa kupewa kipaumbele. Kenya hawana threat ya kiasi hicho kufanya kujitayarisha kisilaha nzito. Ni uelewa mfupi wa viongozi wetu tu ni tatizo la prioritization

We have always known this...the problem with the Kenyan Millitary is that its very secretive.We even know that Kenya Airforce is the second best in Africa save for South Africa.Ask members of the Millitary and they will tell you even the Sudan or Ethiopia will not threaten Kenya.The call the Ugandan Army.....the un-Modernised bush Army,and the Tanzanian Army they call it Young Policemen from the south

Dear
Proud Kenyans
try to be realistic with your comments, You are just insulting Tz and Ug armies while you don’t know their strength, capabilities and their experience’s. TZ army liberate most of Southern African countries including SA, the same army overthrow Idd Amin from power. Can you tell us about your experience?. The only experience you have is being part of UN /Africa Union peace keeping mission. How many times Somali militia have been over power your might army??
For your info,,, Most of the weapons is not belong to KE army its belong to the government of Southern Sudan.
try to open the link below more info about might Kenyan air force
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenya_Air_Force[/ame]

We have always known this...the problem with the Kenyan Millitary is that its very secretive.We even know that Kenya Airforce is the second best in Africa save for South Africa.Ask members of the Millitary and they will tell you even the Sudan or Ethiopia will not threaten Kenya.The call the Ugandan Army.....the un-Modernised bush Army,and the Tanzanian Army they call it Young Policemen from the south

American Vs Vietnam war?????? What do u know about this?

Read a book a book "The art of war by Sun Tzu " then you will know how easy is to fight and defeat segregated luos and kikuyus( Kenyan army) with matchetes.

Otherwise if it iss external threat that can help make Luos and kikiyu unite and have solidarity , then young policeman of the south can invent a conflict.

Good move by Kenya, with neighbors like those they should buy as many weapons as they can! It will serve as a strong deterrent against any nonsense.

American Vs Vietnam war?????? What do u know about this?

Read a book a book "The art of war by Sun Tzu " then you will know how easy is to fight and defeat segregated luos and kikuyus( Kenyan army) with matchetes.

Otherwise if it iss external threat that can help make Luos and kikiyu unite and have solidarity , then young policeman of the south can invent a conflict.
Duh! Mwanaume mbona umewaponda hivi? Ila ni ukweli kwamba vita havipiganwi kwa ubora wa silaha peke yake. Lazima kuambatanisha na mambo mengi kama vile umoja, mbinu za kivita, moyo wa kupigana, nk. Silaha bora peke yake huwezi shinda vita. kama ni silaha peke yake Amin Dada angeishinda TZ wakati wa vita ya Kagera kwani alikuwa na silaha kali kuliko JWTZ. Lakini alikosa maarifa yakivita, umoja, na moyo wa kupigana (sababu nzito). Kumbe kama unavyosema umoja ni wa lazima katika kuzipiga na adui; pia ukakamavu, mbinu za kivita, na kuwahiana (Rej. UP & MM kwa wale mliopitia "maKAR" - makea)

I was wondering if these guys truly knows what they're doing!

Extravagant millitary expenditure and yet you cant finance referundum?Constitution is the contract between citizens and leaders,it is the book of principles to guide the governors and the governed and yet you cant finance it.you are spending so much to acquire millitary facilities while your people can not even afford the basic needs or struggling to earn living

And funny enough even the citizens cannot question the moral,political,ecnomical and social legitimacy of such government expenditure.

Hunger is the most dangerous war on earth,feed your people and spend the litle money you have to establish a well civilized social welfare state.

How can you arm the starving pipo with tanks insteady of feeding them?how can you arm illiterate people insteady of givin them better education?how can you defend unemployed youths instead of arming them with job security? Let us be wise even once!

I think you got us confused, yes we were looking for donor funding to bankroll the constitution making process which is an expensive affair and the provision provided by the budget was not enough. So in you twisted way of thinking you wanted us to channel the funds allocated to the defense ministry(One of the most important ministry in a country) to other uses. So to you buying of millitary hardware is not good if we cant fund our own constitution, if that was the case, then countries like Tanzania would never buy any weapons in our lifetime simply because 90% of their budget is bankrolled by donors, and you shamelessly critisize us for borrowing money to get a new constitution, nanyi mwazungusha bakuli kila siku mkitafuta misaada huku mna alot of minerals ambazo zingeweza ku fund hiyo budget yote na kuwe na surplus. You trying to remove the speck in our eyes while you have a log in yours? Such a shame

......countries like Tanzania would never buy any weapons in our lifetime simply because 90% of their budget is bankrolled by donors, ......

Hiyo bold ni ukweli kidogo. Bajeti ya bakuli kutoka nje ni 40% ndugu Smatta, sio 90%. Inakera, lakini ndio hali halisi! Ni chungu lakini dawa.

Hiyo bold ni ukweli kidogo. Bajeti ya bakuli kutoka nje ni 40% ndugu Smatta, sio 90%. Inakera, lakini ndio hali halisi! Ni chungu lakini dawa.

To be exact ni chini ya 40%, kwenye 30s hivi. Hata hivo sielewi hii ishu Tz inaingiaje. Kuna hawa akina Smatta kila hoja wanataka kuleta usimba na uyanga. You will be lucky if u get any constructive discussion with them, i mean from them.

nashkuru ndugu, nime exagerate hiyo percentage to put emphasis on it kidogo, kuna ndugu yangu flani hapa kwenye jukwaa amesema hatufai kujihami kwa kuwa hatuna hata pesa za kupata katiba mpya, ndipo hapo nikamueleza kama thats the case basi pia nchi yake haifai kununua silaha (Any time soon) kwa kuwa asilimia kubwa ya bajeti ya nchi yake inatoka kwa mikopo kutoka nje, I didnt mean it in a bad way, I was just trying to show it as an example.

nashkuru ndugu, nime exagerate hiyo percentage to put emphasis on it kidogo, kuna ndugu yangu flani hapa kwenye jukwaa amesema hatufai kujihami kwa kuwa hatuna hata pesa za kupata katiba mpya, ndipo hapo nikamueleza kama thats the case basi pia nchi yake haifai kununua silaha (Any time soon) kwa kuwa asilimia kubwa ya bajeti ya nchi yake inatoka kwa mikopo kutoka nje, I didnt mean it in a bad way, I was just trying to show it as an example.

Askari mwenye njaa atapigana kweli vita hata kama anatumia silaha za kisasa?....Ukinunua silaha za kisasa gharama si tu kwa ununuzi wa silaha hizo,pia kwa mafuzno ya kuzitumia na kuzitunza. Kama hakuna vita hivi karibuni,silaha zilizonunuliwa kwa mkono wa pili (second hand) haziwezi kuwa za kisasa tena iwapo vita itatokea mwaka 2020 (zitakuwa zimepitwa na wakati).

Kama hoja ni kujilinda, ingeanza na kuzuia mapigano ya kikabila na vurugu za siasa zinazoendelea ndani ya nchi zinazotokana na maumivu ya raia wenye njaa, wasio na elimu ya kutosha na wasiopata huduma bora za kijamiii na wanaoishi kwa hofu na mashaka tele kila kukicha!.

Mbinu bora zaidi ingekuwa ni kutumia kidogo kilichopo kujenga umoja wa kitaifa kwanza, kupunguza vurugu na chuki za raia kwa serikali yao na wao kwa wao. Hii inaweza kujenga Jeshi imara na lenye wapiganaji ambao hawajaathirika kisaikologia kutokana na matatizo ya ukabila, udini, njaa, magonjwa nk ndani ya nchi yao na wenye utii na nidhamu kuliko kufikiria "uwezekano wa kushambuliwa" na nchi jirani pasipo sababu!.

Sure!
Kimsingi sioni mantiki yoyote iwe kwa Kenya, Tanzania ama nchi yoyote ile maskini kutumia kiasi kikubwa cha pesa kununua silaha ilhali watu wake hawana hata maji safi ya kunywa, achilia mbali huduma za chakula na afya. The same with our Gulf stream plane and the like.
It's ridiculous.

Sure!
Kimsingi sioni mantiki yoyote iwe kwa Kenya, Tanzania ama nchi yoyote ile maskini kutumia kiasi kikubwa cha pesa kununua silaha ilhali watu wake hawana hata maji safi ya kunywa, achilia mbali huduma za chakula na afya. The same with our Gulf stream plane and the like.
It's ridiculous.

My point is that all the ministries had been provided allocations in the budget, though not equal, the sizable amounts given are able to carter for basic necesssity without much strain and you will be suprised that some ministries usuall return some unspent money to the exchequer at the end of every financial year, as if they did not need it. if you look at the corruption levels in ministries like Agriculture and Education, you will be shocked. People are dying of hunger, not because the concerned ministries dont have money, but because of gross misappropriation and looting of the funds, so if the ministry of defence wishes to buy AK47's with the Ksh. 45 billion allocated to them, then well and good, at least they are doing something. Hopefully the money is not lining the generals pockets.

What fails us is lack of planning and implementation, that's why we always have the vicious cycle of floods and droughts, so its unrealistic to channel funds already budgeted for another department (Which is in need of modernizing its equipment) to another department which is underutilising or misappropriating its funds.

the weapona are not for kenyan, its obvious the government of kenya is not that stupid to spend all that money to buy weapons that they don know where they are goin to use them, hao kenya ni vibaraka wa west kuliko nchi yoyote ktk ukanda uu wa africa mashariki, izo silaha ni za south sudan kujiandaa na vita na north sudan kama south sudan wakikataliwa kujitenga!

the weapona are not for kenyan, its obvious the government of kenya is not that stupid to spend all that money to buy weapons that they don know where they are goin to use them, hao kenya ni vibaraka wa west kuliko nchi yoyote ktk ukanda uu wa africa mashariki, izo silaha ni za south sudan kujiandaa na vita na north sudan kama south sudan wakikataliwa kujitenga!

if this is the case, then nawapongeza kenya.

Back
Top Bottom