Introducing The Coalition for Reform and Democracy (CORD)

Kalonzo- I am Still in the race to State House

Vice President Kalonzo Musyoka today reaffirmed that he is still in the presidential race and has not signed any pre- election pact with any party.
Mr. Musyoka however said that he will form an alliance based on nationalism but not on ethnic popularity and self interests.
"I urge all those seeking elective posts to put the interest of the country first before their personal interest, the country cannot be governed along ethnicity lines," said the Vice President.
He pointed out that there is no room for the country to entertain politics of big tribes since all Kenyans were equal and both the small and big tribes should be involved in governing the country.
"If only the big tribes govern this country, when will the minority tribes rule the country, "noted Mr. Musyoka.
The Vice President was speaking during the thanksgiving ceremony for Cllr. Lepeio ole Lila of Enoosupukia Ward who is celebrating his 10 years development record in leadership held at Oloirowa village in Suswa, Narok East Constituency.
Mr. Musyoka said time has come for him to lead Kenyans after President Kibaki retires since he posses what it takes to lead this country to the next level of development.
He called on Kenyans to register in large numbers as voters in the on-going biometric voter registration exercise to enable them elect honest leaders who will serve them diligently.
The Vice President said voters should use the forthcoming elections to reject selfish leaders who have done nothing for them.
Mr. Musyoka urged voters to elect aspirants vying on the party ticket to enable the party have a strong base.
"If we have the majority, we will be able to have more slots for nominations thereby the need for you to take the exercise seriously," he said.
The Member of Parliament for Kitui West, Mr.Charles Nyamai urged the electorate to support Musyoka's presidential bid to enable him clinch the presidency.
Cllr. Lila vowed to rally the local residents to support Musyoka's bid for the presidency in forthcoming general elections terming him as a development conscious leader citing the various development projects he has initiated in the area such the rural electrification project in Suswa.
The local community of Suswa said they support the on-going pre-election pact between Wiper Democratic Movement-Kenya and Orange Democratic Movement party which they believe will form the next government.
They urged the Vice President to form an alliance with parties that respect him and can work with him.
Kalonzo- I am Still i the race to State House

That one about kalonzo adamantly refusing to quit the presidential race is just a decoy. Strong indicators are that he will automatically settle for deputy president. ODM will work it out through negotiations and percentages as opposed to voting in a ballot box. kalonzo has pawned a majority of his followers for the post of deputy president as. I have spoken with genuine akamba people and they have expressed their disgust about the whole move. They regret that though he has served as VP under kibaki they are yet to see any visible developments at his county. The only big gainer in ODM merger from ukambani is Charity Ngilu, others just add party memberships.

Its very laughable the way the tz forumers are cheering Raila here. You may think he is very dependable but you also have to ask yourself why every kingpin who supported him in07 is not so enthusiastic this time round. Another thing you need to look at is how his opponent in 07 got to beat him despite so oiled machinery and campaign propaganda of 41 against 1. I am for neither of these two coalitions but if you think any of them is strolling to state house you need to get your ear to the ground.

Its very laughable the way the tz forumers are cheering Raila here. You may think he is very dependable but you also have to ask yourself why every kingpin who supported him in07 is not so enthusiastic this time round. Another thing you need to look at is how his opponent in 07 got to beat him despite so oiled machinery and campaign propaganda of 41 against 1. I am for neither of these two coalitions but if you think any of them is strolling to state house you need to get your ear to the ground.

07? Kibaki stole the elections and plunged the country into violence!

It is not only Tanzanians supporting him, but also Kenyans and that is why he has led in every opinion poll and remains the most influential politician in the region. The world has also recognized him and he remains Kenya's greatest hope.

CORD! Prince Uhuru Kenyatta, Warlord Ruto and the Mt Kenya Mafia are in trouble.

It is Raila who approached Obako and pronounced him with his own mouth to be the 2002 coalition's torch bearer. Who created the phrase "Kibaki tosha" or is uhuruto to blame for kibaki tosha phrase.?. If he worked out his own political strategy to statehouse in 2002 by now he would be a maestro.

It is unfair to offload all your frustrations on uhuruto just because of Raila's well documented political blanders. Which is bound to happen again. READ cord.

self righteous TNA/URP, i think demonising one Raila Amollo Odinga wont for one moment tarnish his image to Kenyans whom believe he is the only person that can alter the balance of power from perceived central regions to the marginalised parts of mother LAND KENYA.
Take a survey of Kenyans contended with CORD and you will ultimately realize TNA are status quoist. We want an umbrella of economic projection not only in CENTRAL but WESTERN, COAST, Nyanza and the ASAL areas of this nation. In any case, what blunder has CORD made in seeking the presidency? He only wants to lead this nation and salvage it from the machinations of the elite few, labled MAFIAS!
CORD is a wave, its not a mistake but an ideology shared by the deprived communities of this nation. A community with a hope that a change of guard will result to equitable distribution of resources/jobs/and anything that makes me a Kenyan. Till i see what Raila has to offer, and lable him a failure, TNA/URP suspects will find it hard to sail in this land. I have left out UDF cause it has zero clout in its stronghold courtsey of an indecisive leadership. However, in the unlikely event he gets the presidential ticket, he wins big. anything else is doomed! The guy better go rare his farm animals.

Bro I do need to get what opinion contends with cord. That has been the Parallel script reading with opinion poll makers and ODM/CORD from the days of steadman Kenya to the current IPSOS/SYNOVATE. Now I am not saying Odinga cannot win the March election. All I am saying skillful manipulation of public opinions can only work where an established democracy is calling the shots in government. I do not demonise opinion polls either having said that.

As for the other one mudamba, he might not attract appeal from the whole western province bloc, but he has solid support in his constituency. That is the only ticket that he needs to sell his candidacy, for odinga he has still to create alternatives for loosing the whole riftvalley bloc vote. When we speak these things they r termed as hatred or ethnicity or demonising Jakom. I think I can now play along mudambas views that there's are some that cannot accommodate "divergent" views. That is equally dangerous for a coalition that operates under the theme of democracy.

The other misconceptions that is rapidly being concielved by a crossection of Kenyans brainwashed by their tribal kingpins, is that one coalition is "ethnic" while the other is motivated by "reforms and equitable distribution of resources" yet however sly Pple try to be it is common knowledge that the structural basis for all coallitions is simply tribal/ethnic.

all i can tell you bro is that this election will be about resources and not tribes, measure of development indices i.e. who will improve my stakes closer to home. For instance, by perusing this walls you get some sense of development variance withing the same nation. Too many CENTRAL FORUMMER's, worse, a cross section feeling they are superior to other Kenyans. Am not being a triballist but showing u the discrepancies in human development index within one nation called Kenya. The RVs are their too but few in numbers, the few stubborn ones are from America.lol. No need to check the infrastructural state ; its worse.
Its in no way about kingpings or tribal lords, am no LUO for instance but i will naively and loyally support RAILA despite the many negative vibez that keeps churning from elsewhere. He is the only person yet to be tested and whom i believe will develop Kenya or atleast try to balance the dev record.
About opinion polls, Raila has always had the lead, quiz is, how can someone manipulate such figures yesterday, today, tommorow and everytime they are conducted? I am not however saying that hands dont exchange cash, they do but not all the time if any. For the rec, TNA/URP are equally represented in government with the latter wielding more power on the sayings of this nation so i believe the opinion polls are okay.
About Mudavadi clinching the Sabatia gubernatorial/senator positions, am not sure, the guy has zero clout in his contituency. Zilch kabisa. guy slept with the enemy. He either gets the top job or he is done, maragolis who make majority of his constituency by numbers are tired....the rest of the luhyas are even more disgusted. Follow the electorate and then make a leap. Not getting a fat cheque then impose a coalition on the electorate. The only thing that can save this fella is a presidency, nothing short of that.
Once you are a project, one looses the moral authority to call shots. Ideally he was bought anyway so he is the risk we should avoid here.

07? Kibaki stole the elections and plunged the country into violence!

It is not only Tanzanians supporting him, but also Kenyans and that is why he has led in every opinion poll and remains the most influential politician in the region. The world has also recognized him and he remains Kenya's greatest hope.

CORD! Prince Uhuru Kenyatta, Warlord Ruto and the Mt Kenya Mafia are in trouble.

Make yourself useful and tabulate here votes cast, votes stolen and votes against and we will help you make out the numbers.
Seriously speaking if you believe that Cord or Uhuruto is what will make any meaningful change to Kenya you need to be denied the chance to vote. Demonising either party is just a cover-up to your own blindness. You have to ask yourself what change is brought by a person championing votes from certain communities to vote out other communities out because they have been in power and in the process calling those in the opposite camp tribalists.
Pray what does Kalembe Ndile have in common with Raila? What does Ruto have in common with Kareke Mbiuki?

ab tichaz have you read above :becky::becky::madgrin::madgrin::target::target:

Patience is a virtue when it comes to jumping the gun. Sasa wewe nawe soma hapa...

Cord hints at endorsing PM Odinga for race

odinga.jpg

Prime Minister Raila Odinga addressing an ODM rally at Matungu, Kakamega County on December 8, 2012. Photo/PMPS PMPS

By JUSTUS WANGA
Posted Sunday, December 9 2012 at 15:58

In Summary

• On Saturday, Ford Kenya party leader Moses Wetang'ula also stated that PM Odinga should bear the Cord mantle
  • Mr Muthama argued it was fair for coalition partners to back Mr Odinga

Members of the Coalition for Reforms and Democracy (Cord) have hinted at nominating Prime Minister Raila Odinga as their presidential candidate.

This became apparent on Sunday in Vihiga County when Cord members led by Kangundo MP Johnstone Muthama and drawn from Wiper, Ford Kenya and ODM parties said PM Odinga was suited for the job because of his contributions to the country.

"We are saying 'Raila Tosha' because we know what he stands for and would help take the country to where it should be. And so, after March 4 elections, we are confident he will take the oath to be the fourth president of this country" said Muthama.

On Saturday, Ford Kenya party leader Moses Wetang'ula also stated that PM Odinga should bear the Cord mantle.

"We will on mutual agreement front Mr Odinga as the lead soldier in the presidential race to wrestle our opponents" he stated.

Mr Muthama argued it was fair for coalition partners to back Mr Odinga saying that this would be a show of appreciation for his contribution in opening up the democratic space in this country.

While addressing supporters, Mr Odinga accused his opponents of not matching the jubilee name they adopted.

"If you read the book of Leviticus chapter twenty five verse ten, you realise that in the jubilee year all slaves are released," he said.

He promised they would in accordance with the dictates of the biblical call on jubilee free Kenyans from economic slavery as well as return stolen property.

"We will return what has been stolen from Kenyans threefold and ensure equity in the distribution of the country's wealth. This will be a departure from the current situation where the country's wealth is only in the hands of a few individuals" he said.

In a sustained campaign for the second day in an area perceived as a strong hold of the UDF party, and by extension Jubilee alliance, speakers at the various stopovers told Deputy Prime Minister Musalia Mudavadi to join Cord.

"Mr Mudavadi is a protégé in the other camp, he is not his own man but he has rightful place in Cord. He should realise this and save his political fortunes" said Ugenya MP James Orengo.

Mr Orengo added that the DPM had bitten the very finger which had fed him.

"When he had been cast into political oblivion in 2002 who redeemed his fortunes? It is sad today he has turned his back on Raila who did this for him" said Orengo.

Mr Odinga said victory was his for the taking should he get the green light from Cord.

"I can assure you that Cord will win this polls and then embark on national building immediately" said PM Odinga.

Cord hints at endorsing PM Odinga for race - Politics - nation.co.ke

NGILU TO DUMP CORD FOR JUBILEE COALITION

Political re-alignments continued to shape up ahead of the March 4 General Election with Water Minister Charity Ngilu set to ditch the Coalition for Reforms and Democracy (Cord) which she joined last week after a brief flirtation with the rival Jubilee alliance.

Mrs Ngilu will on Monday morning start holding consultative meetings with her supporters in Kitui and Makueni counties before announcing her defection from the Raila Odinga-Kalonzo Musyoka led Cord to the Jubilee alliance of Uhuru Kenyatta and William Ruto.

Top officials of the Water minister’s Narc party were on Sunday holed up in a meeting in Nairobi to ratify the move.

“We are right now locked in a NEC meeting to discuss the way forward, but it is as good as confirmed that we are out of Cord. We are talking to TNA and Jubilee alliance, but we will let you know our final decision at the end of the meeting,” Narc secretary-general Onesmus Nguli told the Nation.

A press release from Mutito MP Kiema Kilonzo announced that Ms Ngilu will hold three consultative meetings to seek the views of her supporters on the political direction she should take.

Contacted, Mr Kilonzo could not deny or confirm that Ms Ngilu was set to join the Jubilee alliance only insisting: “We are going to talk to the people of Makueni and Kitui counties on the direction we want to take before making a formal announcement.”

But according to Narc spokesman Alex Ng’ang’a, Mrs Ngilu will contest the joint presidential nominations with Mr Kenyatta and Mr Musalia Mudavadi of UDF before agreeing on how to equitably share positions in government in an “all inclusive structure.”

And as Mrs Ngilu and her party planned to dump the Cord alliance, Deputy Prime Minister Mudavadi, who was on Thursday accused by 40 MPs from Central Kenya of being used by powerful people in government to force Mr Kenyatta to relinquish the Jubilee alliance presidential ticket, was holed up in Naivasha for a UDF meeting.

Top organs of UDF were working on strategies to ensure Mr Mudavadi becomes the Jubilee alliance’s presidential nominee.

bythe time of going to press, top party leaders had resolved to remain in the coalition that brings together UDF, Mr Kenyatta’s TNA and Mr Ruto’s URP despite threats by MPs from the Mt Kenya region to quit if Mr Kenyatta was denied the ticket.

MPs from URP were also against Kanu being part of the alliance after it turned out that the former ruling party had its own pact with Mr Mudavadi’s party.

Addressing journalists at the Great Rift Valley Lodge, UDF political council chairman Abdulkadir Mohamed said they were studying the party’s nomination process with a view of having a joint nomination process for all the positions.

“We are also working on harmonising our policies, manifestos and guiding principles,” he said during the press briefing.

File agreements

The party, he added, had less than 10 days to file agreements, including the choice of the presidential candidate with the Registrar of Political Parties.

Mr Mohamed said they were also urgently developing coalition infrastructure and joint institutions like the unity council, advisory council, joint coalition secretariat, elections board and coalition dispute resolution council.

He downplayed emerging difference between the TNA and UDF over the choice of presidential candidate, saying the party had “a very high respect for its coalition partners.”

Ngilu set for return to Jubilee alliance - Politics - nation.co.ke

Ab-Titchaz remember these two "criminals" are getting an upperhand through self-determination in their quest for leadership and their success is propelled by the unwavering repercussions of the ICC drummers and the support from their die hard supporters and fan-base at county level.

Truth be told Mkuu, it is one thing to successfully over-emphasize the ICC and its ramifications via media, but it is another thing for the ICC to be able to practically change the course of voter preferences.

As a swaying mechanism it is failing, and allow me to explain ways how those intending to use the ICC as a tool to gain political mileage should seek alternatives.

1) Antagonizing The kikuyus against the 41 tribes is the worst strategy one can use to gain power, as time has taught us it only seeks to hold the community together,

2) The future presidents can only succeed by building a rapport with the community and thus afterwards expanding their campaigns outwards.

3) Having conceived in the minds and conscience in successive generations that they fought for independence via mau mau, their conscience ultimately makes them believe they are the custodians of Kenya's UHURU from colonialists and the neo-cons

4) Borrow a leaf from Moi's politics where though he had political opponents in central province, he also was wise enuff to reserve a wingman in central province. As was the case of Matiba and JJK. This enabled Moi to compartmentalize the kikuyu vote.

Back
Top Bottom