Hi Folks. After writing my article Create bootable USB for Windows 7 many people ask me about how to install Windows XP via USB.So here in this article I'll show you how to make a bootable USB for Windows XP.
Creating a bootable USB for XP manually is a quite complex process so here for simplicity I'm gonna use a small utility.
Having a bootable USB is a good alternative if your CD/DVD drive is not working.
With the bootable USB you can either Install, Format the drive, make partitions or play with your bios.
Just follow the below simple steps:
- Download the latest version of utility Win To Flash from here
- Run its exe file you don't need to install it.
- Complete the Quick survey for First time run.
- Then You'll see the software window there select tab > Advanced mode
- In the Task box select Transfer Windows XP/2003 setup to USB drive > click create.
- In the new window select the window source path like the path of your CD/DVD drive with windows disk or its ISO image and the path of your USB drive.
- Here you can configure other setting too like Format, Disk Check, Boot Loader etc. Then Click Run.
- After making one or two confirmations it'll start dumping the Windows files into USB drive.
- After completion the USB drive is ready to boot.
Note: Don't forget to make changes regarding boot device priority from BIOS in order to boot from USB.