I found out today I've been training my replacement for the past four months

Akotia

JF-Expert Member
Dec 16, 2016

What was originally framed as growth and team building ended up being a junior for less money and experience replacing me so they could net a positive on overhead costs.

I've spent the last three years really loving the company I've worked for and enjoying some flexibility and getting new experience.

I've been overlooking some red flags because I thought I was being paranoid or insecure. I tried to stay positive and push through the baggage from previous work places and it got me nothing.

Well, no. It got me freedom. I sat down today to think about all the times I've been frustrated at this job. Trying to get things upgraded or improve things only to get push back from leadership.

I resorted to bringing those things up every so often to keep them in play for the long term.

I tried to do the job I was hired to do as best that I could and be a part of the team.

That was purely for my own sake and I think I'm okay with that.

On the other hand I'm not here because I didn't do my job or do it well. I'm here because someone decided to string me along for their own benefit.

It's a shitty feeling to be dropped like a hot rock when you really thought things were good.

Take care of yourself. Don't ignore those red flags.

Cheers

James Comey

JF-Expert Member
May 14, 2017

What was originally framed as growth and team building ended up being a junior for less money and experience replacing me so they could net a positive on overhead costs.

I've spent the last three years really loving the company I've worked for and enjoying some flexibility and getting new experience.

I've been overlooking some red flags because I thought I was being paranoid or insecure. I tried to stay positive and push through the baggage from previous work places and it got me nothing.

Well, no. It got me freedom. I sat down today to think about all the times I've been frustrated at this job. Trying to get things upgraded or improve things only to get push back from leadership.

I resorted to bringing those things up every so often to keep them in play for the long term.

I tried to do the job I was hired to do as best that I could and be a part of the team.

On the other hand I'm not here because I didn't do my job or do it well. I'm here because someone decided to string me along for their own benefit.

It's a shitty feeling to be dropped like a hot rock when you really thought things were good.

Cheers
Capitalist has never have a permanent proletarian.

Teknocrat

JF-Expert Member
Oct 20, 2018
Tatizo lugha hii ya malikia ina ukakasi kwa kina sisi kuiwelewa, pole kama hatuchangia siredI

BobUpanga

May 24, 2020

Cheers
Indeed a frustrating experience. This shit happens a lot, especially in the Corporate world. Glad you are taking your demoralizing experience in a positive way - a lesson learned and a stepping stone towards a more prosperous future. Indeed, we should not ignore the red flags in our lives. You are not alone - had my share of those too in the past.

Lusungo

JF-Expert Member
Jan 4, 2014

Cheers
Anzisha kampuni yako.

Akotia

JF-Expert Member
Dec 16, 2016
Indeed a frustrating experience. This shit happens a lot, especially in the Corporate world. Glad you are taking your demoralizing experience in a positive way - a lesson learned and a stepping stone towards a more prosperous future. Indeed, we should not ignore the red flags in our lives. You are not alone - had my share of those too in the past.
Lesson learned,corporate world is business, and by definition it's ugly and brutal at times.

Always be prepared with plenty of savings set aside, if you end up unexpectedly canned.

6 Reactions
Top Bottom