Has Madam President Samia Suluhu Hassan declared total war against CHADEMA, the major Opposition Party in Tanzania?

Has the Tanzanian President unleashed the reign of terror just like her predecessor by use of a police force armed to the teeth vs Chadema?

The Leader of the major opposition Party, Freeman Aikaeli Mbowe, is in jail facing trumped up charges of terrorism!

Several members and leaders of his party across the country are rotting in jail just for calling for constitutional reforms!

The Police are breaking into the party offices across the country without search warrants and taking with them whatever what they can find!

And now party offices are being razed to the ground by police as evidenced in this video in Kigoma...something that is completely unacceptable!

Is this the legacy that President Samia Suluhu wants to be remembered by? If so, what's in store for the opposition in Tanzania?
I think the police force are an indepedent institution and carry out their operations with regards to the law. Due to that I suspect the president would normally have very little influence on persons found at fault as a result of failing to adhere to our regulations.

I believe more should be done in interpreting our constitution and coming up with solutions that adress what actually extends to freedom of expression.

Back
Top Bottom