SoC01 Girl Child and Technology (Digital Platforms)

Stories of Change - 2021 Competition

Holiness Maka

Sep 18, 2021
I know there is a lot of things running in our heads when we hear or see the two terms Girls/ladies/women and Technology..
I will tell you what comes in so many People's minds and it's probably a true or verified assumption ......
Facebook ; As soon as you open your account there is a big probability that your female friends will post their cute pic, memes, funny jokes or what they have eaten 🤷.
This is not bad, but wait, is that the only content needed to be shared?

YouTube; Fashion, cooking, daily routines, beauty products to mention but a few, the large female YouTubers post about those stuff,
This is not bad, but Wait, are those the only things happening in the world ? 🤷

Instagram; Beautiful Snapchat videos, fashion designs, new skincare and beautifying products,gists, memes,funny videos and stuffs like that,
Am not saying that is bad, but is that the only kind of knowledge ladies can share ? 🤷

WhatsApp ; If you see amazing , wonderful, breathtaking pics especially selfies, If you want to laugh through memes and funny videos, if you want to know that there are people out there living a good luxurious life, just visit your female friends statuses ..
Am not saying it's bad, but can't they offer more things than that ? 🤷

ICT-related courses at universities; To cut the story shot, more gents are enrolled in the field that ladies, and the few ladies studying them, most of them are messing it up.
Simple questions, Is it too difficult,Are they poorly supported,are they to lazy or what could be the reasons?? 🤷

This is what I think,
First; So many ladies has set a very low standard on themselves, they do not believe that They can be intelligent enough to share very useful insights on other Important matters such as health, politics, social challenges and other related stuff,
Because they want more likes and comments on what they post oe write, they write things "society" would like to see , which most of the times add nothing to them..The worse of it all, they don't think the IT studies were meant for them.

Secondly; Society has set standards concerning what they appreciate more form them, a simple analysis, if there are two posts, one a very beautiful lady and the other a long written post talking about how global warming will affect the nation in the next 10 years,..more likes and applauding will go to the pic, not the essay..
And this hasn't started today, It goes way way back..

Thirdly: So many ladies are not rich With skills, knowledge, abilities, creativity which they can share and become relevant and helpful to people. most of the girl only know how to be a wife and a mother, not becoming a good advice, motivator, helpful citizen,source of change, knowledge giver and creative solutions provides.
Most women do not like to move out of their comfort zone by reading books, acquiring knowledge, doing something great and remarkable .
Most of females are not aware of how powerful media platforms can be in making their lives and the lives or other people better.
And those are just few reasons why we see what we see in their platform,and bad enough we are used to it and it has become normal, like "women get to do what they get to do"..

I believe in information, I believe in knowledge, I believe in Change, I believe in how media platforms can greatly help us when properly used or how mercilessly it can destroy us when unproperly used..
This is a call to all humans, men, and women included,
Let us inspire, motivate, praise, encourage all the good content people post or share on media, Let us be enthusiastic enough to be the source of positivity, Let us lift others when they try something wonderful, Let us support and encourage our sisters, Spouses, relatives to be open-minded, intelligent, acquire knowledge and share every good stuffs, not only the one we can laugh and praise God's creation, but also the one we can learn,be challenged, changed and Motivate.
It is all possible if we work together.
It is always said.
Am the the change, You re the change, We are the Change.
If You Win, I win, we All Win.

Thank You.