Fastjet need to be sued for punitive damage

Quemu

JF-Expert Member
Jun 27, 2007
I don't care what they are going through within their operations at the moment

I don't care whether they are striving to cut down cost by downsizing their aircraft

They are taking us for a ride. This is unacceptable.

I have been stuck in Kampala since Tuesday (Oct 4th). I came here for a bsuiness meeting on Saturday, and planned to head back to Dar on Tuesday. Today is Thursday (Oct 6th), and I still haven't left Kampala, because of Fastjet.

On Monday (Oct 3rd), they notified me that my flight was delayed. Then, they later sent another notification that the flight was cancelled, and that they have put in on Thursday flight at 04:15pm. Yesterday evening (Wednesday Oct 5), they sent me an email informing me that the new departure time is 2:05am. Now, I don't even know whether they will keep the new schedule.

I'm desperate! The two extra nights I have spent in Kampala, not only messed up my facilitation budget, but also caused damages to my endeavors.

The whole situation is ridiculous. I heard passengers have been kept for over 8 hours in Mwanza airport. I have heard passengers have been kept for over 5 hours in JNIA. I have heard passengers have been sent home because of a cancelled trip in Songwe airport. Now, we passengers in Entebbe airport have been left stranded for days all together.

So this is to call upon all passengers who have suffered this misery to come together to take legal action to the airline. Why? Because the situation could have been avoided. The airline could have come up with a contingency plan to sort out this problem sooner. I mean, if they are operating with one aircraft at the moment, why are they keep taking bookings when they know that they can't meet the demand? Why couldn't they strategize better?

It's high time we, Tanzanians, stop being taken for a ride by these morons, egoistic investors. We can't continue being this overly polite. If this situation would have happened in Kenya, hell would have broken loose. Enough is enough!

The problem is you pple prefer cheap cheap stuff over quality service and funny issue is you dont spend your time read thoroughly FASTJET FARE RULES outlined below;

Changes to your fastjet flight:
In the event of delay or disruption to your flights the following terms apply:
• 1 to 2 hour delay - fastjet to provide regular communication on flight status.
• 3 to 4 hours - Refreshment voucher to the value of USD 5.
• 5 hours - fastjet will communicate flight cancellation. Refunds issued from head office or free of charge transfer to the next available fastjet flight.
Important note: fastjet will not provide flights with alternative airlines or hotel accommodation in the event of overnight delays or cancellations.

Back
Top Bottom