EAC heavyweight Ethiopia passes $13 billion budget

23 billion budget itaibwa kenya
12 billion bidget itaibwa tanzania
8 billion budget itaibwa UG

the only place hatujui kama itaibwa ni the 13 billion budget ya ethiopia maana huko mimi binafsi hua si skii habari za ufisadi, either wanaokula ni wakuu kidogo ama hakuna mtu anakula maana serikali ni ya one man show, na huyo one man does not tolarate looting, and from the looks of it, ukiona vile ethiopia airways iko succesful na profitable without govt interference, then you know that huko hakuna widespread coruption......

the difference btn sisi na hao ni either we just have a culture of coruption, or we lack political will to end coruption, or democracy has spread coruptin... i think its alitlebit of those factors

On that note of nations with debts, here is the situation of EA nations in terms of external debt.

Tanzania- 11,180,000,000
Ethiopia- 9,956,000,000
Uganda- 4,126,000,000
Kenya- 3,624,000,000
Somalia- 2,942,000,000
Burundi- 231,700,000
List of countries by external debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This means that most of Kenya's borrowing thus debt is from within the economy hence maturity of its financial sector. Ukichunguza utagundua serikali huuza govt bonds ndani ya nchi na kuchukua mikopo kutoka kwa benki za Kenya, ni juzi tu tumeanza kuchukua Eurobond na mikopo in form of projects kutoka uchina.

It also means that though we are taking debts left and right, we actually do pay these loans. Hence our favorable credit rating
Bad news, I think soon deductions will start in our salaries to rescue Tanzania.
Ooooop!!!

Livale, kenya external debt is 55% of ur GDP as u speak...i will post a proof from ur own media n not from wikipedia!
Hio Inaitwa debt to gdp ratio and na ni very different from external debt. I'll explain them

External debt is the total public and private debt owed to non residents, yaani, serikali pamoja na wa binafsi wadaiwa hela kiwango kipi na wadau kutoka nje kama vile world bank ama Imf loans, euro bonds, govt to govt loans, nkd.

Debt to gdp ratio is the total amount of debt the govt owes both citizens and non-citizens as a percentage of the nation's gdp. Yaani, mkopo serikali ilichukua kutoka kwa wananchi na pia wadau wa nje kama Imf ikilinganishwa na uchumi wa nchi. Local debt is more secure and easier to pay since it is not subject to external financial shocks, the govt can print money to pay and also the govt can do a fiscal stimulus kama kujenga barabara so as to enable the gdp outgrow the debt.

Mfano mzuri ni Japanese debt to gdp ratio is 230-250, but only 5% of it is owed to outside govts. Their external debt Is $2.8trn, far less than their gdp na ndio maana hawaumiii kama Greece. The US on the other end has a ratio of around 110%, but external debt yao ni à whooping $19.2trn, more than their gdp. Ndio maana kila siku waskia the federal Reserve is trying a new financial stimulus to prop up the dollar and gain approval of external lenders.

Livale, kenya leads on external debt let me google n give u facts! Stop lying all that railway n highways u took debts from the likes of China, AfDB, France, Belgium n world Bank.

Kafrican, Tanzania budget is $13.5 bln n not a single cent will b stollen! So don't speak on our behalf idiot! Speak for that theft culture of urs in Kenya..

Kafrican, Tanzania budget is $13.5 bln n not a single cent will b stollen! So don't speak on our behalf idiot! Speak for that theft culture of urs in Kenya..
ofcourse zombies will always be zombies.... while our auditor general and wistle blowers withing the govt lay bare of the corruptions in govt.. it does not happen in your country, so out of sight out of mind, zombies sit down like a cat bieng brushed by its owner....... then you hear how you loose like 10,000 elephants a year in the same govt hands that aparently arent corrupt... please, you can manage to delude yourself but there is nothing you can tell me.......
umtil the day i start hearing that road acidents in tz roads have reduced to a negligable number because or effixient traffic police, or or that parastatle companies are making humoungis profits, or ypur edication level is throughthe roof, ... then i will know that you are doing something different than typical african govts.

Depay renowned Dr Ndii explained very well on that!
What Dr Ndii questioned was the reason behind an austerity measure by the GoK If Imf & WB's announcements that the nation wasn't getting too much into debt were to hold water. And he was answered that as much as infrastructural investments were ongoing, the bulk of them weren't through so us to provide returns to offset the loan incured to set them up thus for the time before then, controls on expenditures were needed. He never purported at any one point that Kenyan external debt was the highest in the region, only said we were headed there.

Livale just before ur current budget ur debt was at 55% of ur GDP!
And as I explained earlier, the bulk of that debt is owned by citizens from our own financial system hence a very small external debt. Tanzania's debt to gdp ratio in 2014-2015 was around 45-50% of your gdp, but a good portion of it is owed to external lenders hence your larger external debt.

Hebu angalia my previous explanation of the difference between external debt and debt to gdp ratio Geza, hizo mbili nikama zakuchanganya.

Dhuks nation wameandika debt ni 55% of ur GDP!
I posted to you links of countries that have over 100% and still you are insisting? Hasnt the IMF given us a clean bill of health as long as it is sustainable? We are yet to get to your levels man, chill
External debt stands at about 23% of GDP, which is below that of Kenya’s peers in Sub-Sahara like Ghana (25%), Uganda (26%), South Africa (33%), and Tanzania (35%)

kenya-government-debt-to-gdp.png

atlas_rkSp4Qmm.png

tanzania-government-debt-to-gdp.png

Back
Top Bottom