Diamond mine closed over Sh375m tax arrears

Ashura9

JF-Expert Member
Oct 21, 2012
Diamond mine closed over Sh375m tax arrears

In Summary

The mine acting manager, Mr Badul Seif, was tightlipped on grounds that higher authorities were supposed to comment on the TRA move.
source: thecitizen.co.tz

mine+pic.jpg

Shinyanga. Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA) has shut down a diamond mine belonging to El-Hillal Minerials Limited in Kishapu District, Shinyanga Region, for allegedly failing to pay taxes amounting to over Sh374.9 million.

Addressing the media yesterday, the Shinyanga regional TRA manager, Mr Ernest Dundee, said the authority reached the decision following the mining company’s refusal to adhere to directives by Suka Security Co Ltd and Auction Mart & Court Brockers, who were the authority’s debt collectors.

“This is not the end, but just the beginning. TRA will shut down all businesses of all chronic debtors,” the regional TRA boss warned.

The mine acting manager, Mr Badul Seif, was tightlipped on grounds that higher authorities were supposed to comment on the TRA move.

The acting manager also refused to sign a letter from the debt collectors ordering the closure of the mine’s machines for separating diamonds and asked the Suka Security Co Ltd and Auction Mart & Court Brockers to seek assistance of police officers in impounding four trucks of the mining firm.

Back
Top Bottom