Choosing health and living healthy is the best thing you can do to yourself

Kenyan

JF-Expert Member
Jun 7, 2012
I still haven't been able to understand anyone who says, 'you only live once, so make the most of it' and then goes on to 'waste' that life by drinking themselves silly or doing drugs or having multiple women.

Sijui how others would interpret the statement you only live once but to me it means taking care of yourself in the best way possible, giving the best to yourself, keeping yourself first and always working to make your name bigger, greater, but above all taking your health seriously.

Lakini kwa wengine it seems ku 'live' once ni kunywa pombe na ku binge on all the junk in the world. Au ku change men au women kila dakika.

'You know, you could take care of yourself, never have a drink a day in your life, never have sex, and then one day you' re walking on the road, you get hit by a bus and thats the end of you' according to those who believe in this theory huna tofauti na aliyekufa akiendesha kwa ulevi au aliyejioverdose na drugs.

Well, I beg to differ. Tuiangalie hivi,- I could spend time being creative and innovative, get rich, get married, have a happy family, lead a healthy life and never get hit by a bus- I could die at an old ripe age of 100+ and leave an empire to be succeeded by my grand children.

Not saying people shouldn't have fun, but that we all should have limits. Kama hukubaliani na mimi, ni sawa vilevile.

It depends on how you look at life, but choosing wisely has its benefits.

Yes, you could do all these and live to be 150 years old. Then what? Does it make a difference whether you live to be 150 or 30 or 10 or 70? Our lives on this planet are unpredictable and my mantra is to enjoy it to the fullest by doing what makes me happy as long as I am not bothering anyone or breaking the law. Go live your life and do what pleases you physically, emotionally and spiritualy. Doing otherwise is to live a miserable, boring and unexamined life which is tragic in itself!

SHIMBA YA BUYENZE it does make a difference. If you wasted your life away getting drunk and having mad fun, that's how you'll be remembered, whether u'll live to a ripe old age or die young.

For me, the way people will think of me after am gone matters, if you don't care about that best wishes, you don't have to agree with me..

Last edited by a moderator: