Business vs Politics

Gold Digger

May 21, 2009
Business vs. Politics

Some argue that Business is about making decisions, while politics implies avoiding them. Do you agree?

I think both concerns the battle for scarce resources. Both involve the search for popularity – as politicians seek the votes of the people, while businesses seek the consumer's dollar.

However, I tend lean think that there is but one main difference; Businesses sell (usually anyway) a tangible product or service, in exchange for money. While most politicians, on the other hand, waffle around abstract concepts and dupe their constituents into believing promises that were never meant to be kept, oil their campaigns and give them the vote.

So if business is about making money, while politics is really about spending money…who would you rather have as your leader?

Perhaps all people are self-seeking, greedy and untrustworthy, but if so, I'd rather put my fate in the hands of businesspeople (who supposedly just represent shareholders) over politicians (who supposedly represent me). Take a look at what's being discussed on conversations going on tech and business blogs, and then compare it to a political blogs. Which one do you find scarier?

Back
Top Bottom