Blogger Robert Alai arrested over photos of dead police officers

Section 30F (2) speaks for itself
"..... A person who publishes or broadcasts photographs of victims of a terrorist attack Without The Consent Of The National Police Service "AND" of the victim commits an offence" (capitalization is mine).

Now can you interprete this phrase judiciously? (To writ, the legal meaning it serves)

You are just beating around the bush. Like most lawyers.
Alai broadcast gory photos without anyone's permission. He was arrested based on this and other related laws.

It is him to go to court and argue his case out. The judge will rule who is right between him and the prosecutor.

A civil rights activist in Nairobi also died a few months ago, while procuring an abortion. Every activist came out to demonstrate, until a postmortem overseen by her family confirmed the abortion story.

If the government was killing opposition like yours does, an unknown catholic priest from Kisumu would not even make the list. There are many other fatter targets.
Hahahahaha, Lissu amejeruhiwa kwa risasi, dunia nzima imepiga kelele, kwasababu ni kitu kigeni hapa Tanzania, ili ninyi kuanzia kina, Tom Mboya, Robert Aoku, Pio Gama Pinto, hadi Chris Msando, Jacob JUMA na huyo Catholic priest, wanazidi 3000, hapo sijataja wananchi wa kawaida wanaouliwa wakati wa uchaguzi wakiandamana kwa amani.

Section 30F (2) speaks for itself
"..... A person who publishes or broadcasts photographs of victims of a terrorist attack Without The Consent Of The National Police Service "AND" of the victim commits an offence" (capitalization is mine).

Now can you interprete this phrase judiciously? (To writ, the legal meaning it serves)

To publish, you need permission from:
1. National Police Service
2. Victim

Alai got permission from neither.

If the victims were simply injured, not dead, you should get permission from both entities.
When the victim is dead, you get permission from the remaining entity.. i.e. National Police Service.

What's so hard to understand there?

And that is just interpreting this small section of the law literally. There are other sections of the law that imply you should get permission from relatives.

"..... When the victim is dead, you get permission from the remaining entity.. i.e. National Police Service".

As I said early, ONLY when others rules of interpreting statutes are in place. There is no any exception clause in the foregoing section of the law. (i.e No where in the section is written .....When the victim is dead, you get permission from the remaining entity. When literal rules is used, this clause is your personal WHIMS not the law.
To publish, you need permission from:
1. National Police Service
2. Victim

Alai got permission from neither.

If the victims were simply injured, not dead, you should get permission from both entities.
When the victim is dead, you get permission from the remaining entity.. i.e. National Police Service.

What's so hard to understand there?

And that is just interpreting this small section of the law literally. There are other sections of the law that imply you should get permission from relatives.

Back
Top Bottom