African Satellite World and Sat Gear

Not opening here

Very strange with kanasa. Kanasa Cccam on my SS 20000 extreme is working on hosanna but not working on 4WD.
On SRT 4922 Kanasa MGCAMD is not working on hosanna but working on 4WD.
Are you using cc..m or mg...d?

Very strange with kanasa. Kanasa Cccam on my SS 20000 extreme is working on hosanna but not working on 4WD.
On SRT 4922 Kanasa MGCAMD is not working on hosanna but working on 4WD.
Are you using cc..m or mg...d?
Using cccam, starsat 2000ex

wish they'd split n show different games.really missed dortmund psg
True, I watch it on 4WD courtesy of IKS.
IMG_20200219_111026.jpg

Requirements:
  1. SDS capable Double tuner STB running the latest Software version (e.g. SR-90000HD)
  2. 2 LNB inputs; 1 connected to the SDS satellite (tuner 2) & the 2nd to the satellite whose channels you want to open (tuner 1).
Steps:
An example, using SR-90000HD to open hOSaNa (7W) with 14W as your SDS source satellite; assuming 7W is already properly set up.
Step 1: Set up the SDS satellite (@ 14W) and maximise the signal on this satellite – To this end, use TP 10955 H 1555. Polarisation depends on your LNB skew.​
Step 2: Connect LNB inputs to the rightful tuners. Connect 7W to Tuner 1 and 14W to Tuner 2 at the back of the receiver.​
Step 3: Boot up the receiver. When ready, press the F1 button instantly followed by 111 on the remote (F1+111). A UART Mode list of options window will pop up.​
Step 4: choose SDS mode from the UART Mode list. This gives another window with a list of SDS satellites.​
Step 5: Choose 14W as your SDS satellite from the list of satellites. Should all be set after this step!​

More info:
The 2 LNBs may be mounted on two separate dishes or on the same dish if the SDS satellite and the one whose channels you want to open can allow you do a combo e.g., I envisage 14W & 7W being possible on the same dish but I have not tried them practically. SDS data is transmitted through "unknown" Ku-Band TPs.

14W is the recommended SDS satellite because it’s the most stable at the moment and the beam used covers the entire Africa.
View attachment 1360672
Hopefully this works for you.
Thanks a lot for the info, i suppose both use ku band. Just one more query if you have 2 stb and use rs232 cable is it possible or has any one done it to enlighten the house?.

Thanks a lot for the info, i suppose both use ku band. Just one more query if you have 2 stb and use rs232 cable is it possible or has any one done it to enlighten the house?.
Works best with double tuner boxes like SR and Echolink.

Am glad you find the info useful. The channels you want to open may be C-Band channels.
Yes it's possible to use 2 STBs via a special communication protocol (Twin Protocol) that allows the 2 STBs to communicate via the RS232 cable. The STB connected to the Data Satellite is called a dongle. I embraced this technology around 2011/2013 using the famous Microbox, Morebox and Atlas Cristor Dongles among many other dongles that served that purpose at the time. The Principle used is pretty much similar as for S*S sharing using double-tuner STBs. Twin Protocol is activated in patched software & makes it possible for the "slave STB" to receive data in form of CW keys from the dongle.

Dongle - S_S.jpg

Note: SKS data is locked and can only be accessed by STBs with access keys embedded in specific software.

Back
Top Bottom