African Satellite World and Sat Gear

Very true. am wondering how SD looks on a 4K tv esp 55". And not satellite SD channels which have respectable picture quality unlike kenyan ones but a station like NTV.
Also i'v noted 4K movie torrents have a pale washed out picture quality unlike 4K youtube content, thought i dont have an explanation for this,all this observations are from a 1080p TV.also noted that 50" is the best max optimum size for 1080p stuff, past that size u have to get 4K. In my opinion though HDR is the big deal esp now Sony & LG are now putting HDR on non 4K tvs esp 49" 1080p. They'r available right here in Kenya.
Guys with 4K tv sets esp 55" can give us feedback on SD content on those sets. 55" is best guinea pig size for this particular Experiment as 65" is too big and SD picture will be too stretched and any 4K Upscaling benefits Will be lost in the humongous stretching. For us Africans it's a major concern as 90% of our broadcast tv is still plain same ol' SD 476p aspect ratio 4:3. Now thats a shame. In a nutshell, 4K is confusing til we experiment for ourselves.
4K update: got a chance to view 1080p material on a 55" 4K HDR Hisense tv model A6100, it was a PC hoooked up to the tv via hdmi and the picture quality was superb and glossy, resolution was very clear, and so fantastic. And it got me thinking how can 1080p on a 4K tv be so much n far better than 1080p on a 1080p tv even of a lesser size lets say 49" so that we factor out stretching and get to appreciate the 4K tv's superior upscaling. Secondly, it was a hisense tv, personally i dont rate them highly, they'r budget tv's and for that affordable price u get compromise in picture quality, performance, features and durability. In a nutshell this experience left me with more questions than answers. And mostly because it was a hisense and not a Sony/LG!!
Then later I saw SD quality on another 4K tv, Samsung 55" UHD, model no. & HDR compliant unspecified, and neither did i identify picture source/connectivity mode/whether it was inbuilt tuner but NTV news was live and picture quality was so horrible, like signet at their worse *2, felt like slapping the tv, but SD on 4K i expected that. But the first scenario got me thinking and thinking. I need to do more tests of my own.

I failed to track that @3w. Which decoder are you using?
my box is nameless(and no, this is not a joke).but target the one on 45.1e coz it is easier to get since it's on central african beam.it is the one am locked on.

oh man this is a dangerous sat to nab if you have kids.waz hunting for some st*rtimes things the other day and these things (na zingine sijui zinaitwa red light district)kept popping up .since i have no meter i was using one of my young boys as the signal/quality checker.i had to very quickly stop searching that neighborhood

Try rising your dish kidoooogo. About 3 or 4 millimeters they will settle. That is what I did...
It was secondary to Is20 but yesterday i made it primary on my 8ft now signal stable 24/7.Kiss TV has joined this bird on another tp including radio channels.Is20 has been decommissioned on my setup.

GTC is not in the league of these two, not even close! But of all the Icone Iron Pro, is fundamentally on top followed by the Starsat Sr X3 except for 4ever serva.
How is the Iron Pro better than the SR-X3 (besides the Orca server being lifetime) if I want to use it in East Africa?

oh man this is a dangerous sat to nab if you have kids.waz hunting for some st*rtimes things the other day and these things (na zingine sijui zinaitwa red light district)kept popping up .since i have no meter i was using one of my young boys as the signal/quality checker.i had to very quickly stop searching that neighborhood
I just wanted to see if there was anything new at 16 e, and that was the update. Back to Astra 2f.

How is the Iron Pro better than the SR-X3 (besides the Orca server being lifetime) if I want to use it in East Africa?
GTC is all in one dvbs/t2 android box but not enough technical support and no forever, Apolo, or orca goods, and that is why it is cheap.
Where Orca and Apolo, Forever appear expect a higher price.
Specs, different android versions, ram and rom,
Go for SR-X3, Rapid technical support and regular software updates.
Based on the last date each received an update, software wise.

Back
Top Bottom