African Satellite World and Sat Gear

Am looking for a secondhand 8ft, I need to add it in my farm. If anyone knows where I can get one around Nairobi let me know, have tried the guys in olx but non of them replied my text. The bird should be good shape.View attachment 1176307
This guy has been reposting this ad like he really wants to sell..

Latest reposting was today 1700hrs
hgrm.jpg

Make sure at the lnb settings on your box, lnb power is set to "13/18V" and 22khz set as "auto"

If it's still doesn't work, your lnb could be dead on one polarity try another lnb

Also if you're using disceq switch, disconnect it and connect directly.
I have followed your i structions well, and managed to get many channels. But I still have one big problem.

My receiver doesn't have "AUTO" Option in LNB power. When I set it to "13V" I get channels with "L" polarization only. And When I set it to "18V, ON, or OFF" I get the channels with"R" Polarization only.

I've tried to remove the biscuit only few channels (R+L) received.

I am stuck!

Could it be a problem with a Receiver? (Starsat sr-78HD pro. I've recently updated its firmware.)

Help please...!

Regards

My receiver doesn't have "AUTO" Option in LNB power. When I set it to "13V" I get channels with "L" polarization only. And When I set it to "18V, ON, or OFF" I get the channels with"R" Polarization only.

Regards

That's how it's supposed to work; 18V directs to Vertical while 13V switches to horizontal..

Now if you want both vertical and horizontal you must set 13/18V for lnb power..

Again 13/18V not 13 or 18V

There are three or four options...
i) 13V
ii) 18V
iii) 13/18V
iv) 0V

Choose the third option then blind scan..

"Auto" was for the 22Khz tone which is a different setting altogether..

22khz has 3 options
i)On
ii) Off
iii) Auto

Choose the third option for this setting..

And make sure you insert the biscuit inside the LNB.

Beein decoders alone go for as much as Ksh 50k with one year subscription included without the dish.. but it's still a bargain compared to paying distv for the whole year which would cost you around Ksh 84K every year.. (7000x12).. for live football..

For beein, after purchase and installation you'll be paying only ksh 20000 per year in subscription.. that saves you around Ksh 50k a year.

Then the 8ft dish needed is Ksh 22K new
Very incorrect data, or is it misinformation ? Kindly lets just stick to FTA matters.

Very incorrect data, or is it misinformation ? Kindly lets just stick to FTA matters.
Ok am not very sure of these beein matters.. but it's cheaper Im sure that's why people take the trouble of going all the way to import them..... Figures given are approximations.. GIDEN as a vendor you could be having exact data please share for everyone to enjoy the secret benefits... They can't be so common around here for no reason..

That's how it's supposed to work; 18V directs to Vertical while 13V switches to horizontal..

Now if you want both vertical and horizontal you must set 13/18V for lnb power..

Again 13/18V not 13 or 18V

There are three or four options...
i) 13V
ii) 18V
iii) 13/18V
iv) 0V

Choose the third option then blind scan..

"Auto" was for the 22Khz tone which is a different setting altogether..

22khz has 3 options
i)On
ii) Off
iii) Auto

Choose the third option for this setting..

And make sure you insert the biscuit inside the LNB.
Just setting to 5150/5750 will pull both polarities assuming his lnb is one cable solution.

Nothing strange at all. No miracles either. Please just kindly accept that Okter is telling the truth and we move forward !!!
Yes he's telling the truth I've accepted
4evef posting on their page is wrong then..
Also vicwa and others reporting theirs down are wrong.. let's move on..

Back
Top Bottom