A true love never dies

Sky Eclat

JF-Expert Member
Oct 17, 2012
Her dad told her, "If you marry that man you will never set foot in this house again." Mary soon learned that most people felt the same way. The first years of their marriage living in Birmingham were hell-- no one would speak to them, they couldn’t find anywhere to live because no one would rent to a black man, and they had no money. But they didn't give up.

Gradually life became easier. Mary got teaching jobs, ending up as a deputy head teacher. Jake worked in a factory and then got a job at the Post Office. Slowly they made friends, but it was difficult. Mary used to tell people, "before I invite you to my home.... my husband is black." Some would never talk to her again.

Last year they celebrated their 70th anniversary and they are still very much in love, and never regretted what they did.

1574445836345.jpeg

Her dad told her, "If you marry that man you will never set foot in this house again." Mary soon learned that most people felt the same way. The first years of their marriage living in Birmingham were hell-- no one would speak to them, they couldn’t find anywhere to live because no one would rent to a black man, and they had no money. But they didn't give up.

Gradually life became easier. Mary got teaching jobs, ending up as a deputy head teacher. Jake worked in a factory and then got a job at the Post Office. Slowly they made friends, but it was difficult. Mary used to tell people, "before I invite you to my home.... my husband is black." Some would never talk to her again.

Last year they celebrated their 70th anniversary and they are still very much in love, and never regretted what they did.

View attachment 1269393
True love

Wamependeza.

Sky nyie dada zetu mnakwama wapi....? Nimejaribu kufikiri kama angekuwa dada wa kimara au moshi mjini angeshajitafutia danga akaachana na mume mwenye nuksi.

So courageous couple

View attachment 1269393

Wamependeza.

Sky nyie dada zetu mnakwama wapi....? Nimejaribu kufikiri kama angekuwa dada wa kimara au moshi mjini angeshajitafutia danga akaachana na mume mwenye nuksi.
Nini maana ya nuksi?
Embu dadavua huyo mwanaume ana nuksi gani?