50 Famous Life Quotes about Success in Business

CHASHA FARMING

JF-Expert Member
Jun 4, 2011
1. “Share your success and help others succeed. Give everyone a chance to have a piece of the pie. If the pie's not big enough, make a bigger pie.” – Dave Thomas

2. “The greatest failure is not to try. Had I listened to all the people during the course of my life who said, “You can’t. You’ll fail. It won’t work. You don’t have…,” I wouldn’t be here today.” – Debbi Fields

3. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estee Lauder

4. “Luck, naïveté, willingness to roll the dice to do something productive, were all individual parts of the puzzle.” – Fred Smith

5. “There is no such thing as high returns without risk.” – Gerry Schwartz

6. “From the beginning at Intel, we planned on being big.” – Robert Noyce

7. “I made a resolve then that I was going to amount to something if I could. And no hours, nor amount of labor, nor amount of money would deter me from giving the best that there was in me. And I have done that ever since, and I win by it. I know.” – Harland Sanders

8. “You must be very patient, very persistent. The world isn't going to shower gold coins on you just because you have a good idea. You're going to have to work like crazy to bring that idea to the attention of people. They're not going to buy it unless they know about it.” – Herb Kelleher

9. “I am an extreme optimist, while my husband likes to play the devil’s advocate. He wants to know the worst thing that can happen. I don’t even want to think about the worst case. I provide the discipline and stick-to-it-iveness.” – Jenny Craig

10. “Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals.” – Jim Rohn

[h=2] 50 Famous Life Quotes about Success in Business[/h]
11. “I'm convinced that the only way to get ahead in this world is to live and sell dangerously. You've got to live beyond your means. You've got to commit yourself to an act or vision that pulls you further than you want to go and forces you to use your hidden strengths.” – John Johnson

12. “When my company started really growing, I didn’t have any help in my house at all. I had the upkeep of my daily life, I had a one year old and a three year old, and I had my house. So I had to prioritize.” – Julie Aigner Clark

13. “That’s why I am always conservative. I never forget to maintain stability while advancing, and I never forget to advance while maintaining stability.” – Li Ka Shing

14. “It was a risk. I had a husband and I was pregnant with my oldest son. But I don't look at risk the way other people do. When you're an entrepreneur, you have to go in feeling like you're going to be successful.” – Lilian Vernon

15. “I am a woman who came from the cotton fields of the South. From there I was promoted to the washtub. From there I was promoted to the cook kitchen. And from there I promoted myself into the business of manufacturing hair goods and preparations….I have built my own factory on my own ground.” – Madame C. J. Walker

16. “It’s called working your ass off. The difference is what you are willing to sacrifice. For every writer who wants balance in their life, there is a guy like me who gives up a lot to make their dreams come true. There is always going to be someone out there that knows they have to compensate for maybe having less talent with harder work and preparation.” – Mark Cuban

17. “I find that when you have a real interest in life and a curious life, that sleep is not the most important thing.” – Martha Stewart

18. “Don’t spend so much time trying to choose the perfect opportunity, that you miss the right opportunity.” – Michael Dell

19. “I think those challenges are really critical and really important. What you learn from them is, of course, kind of what they say, ‘If it doesn’t kill you, it makes you stronger,’ and it’s true. And what you learn from those challenges and those failures are what will get you past the next ones.” – Pierre Omidyar

20. “If you’re not a risk taker, you should get the hell out of business.” – Ray Kroc

21. “It was an extremely satisfying experience. Taking smart risks can be very gratifying.” – Reed Hastings

22. “*Whenever I see an opportunity and a chance to change something, I go at it and I lay out all the facts to everybody…And when I come to this space, I'm going to come with talent, I'm going to come with focus. And I'm going to do the job as competitively as the next guy.” – Robert Johnson

23. “Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody else is doing it one way, there's a good chance you can find your niche by going in exactly the opposite direction.” – Sam Walton

24. “Above all, you want to create something you are proud of. That’s always been my philosophy of business. I can honestly say that I have never gone into any business purely to make money. If that is the sole motive, then I believe you are better off doing nothing.” – Richard Branson

25. “It is better to aim at perfection and miss it than to aim at imperfection and hit it.” – Thomas Watson

26. “Do something. Either lead; follow or get out of the way.” – Ted Turner

27. “And that's the secret. Timing, hard work and smart partners. Using that formula, I've either founded or funded over 80 companies, and none have gone bankrupt. Most have done very well.” – Terry Matthew

28. “I never thought I'd be successful. It seems in my own mind that in everything I've undertaken I've never quite made the mark. But I've always been able to put disappointments aside. Success isn't about the end result; it's about what you learn along the way.” – Vera Wang

29. “Overcoming hardships and working around and through their obstacles to achieve an education is what I call a true success.” – Wayne Huizenga

30. “If you do things well, do them better. Be daring, be first, be different, be just.” – Anita Roddick

31. “For whatsoever thy hands find to do, do it with all thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom in the grave.” – Ecclesiastes 9: 10

32. “You are a product of your environment. So choose the environment that will best develop you toward your objective. Analyze your life in terms of its environment. Are the things around you helping you towards success? Or are they holding you back?” – W. Clement Stone

33. "Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you are generally better off sticking with what you know and the third is that sometimes, your best investments are the ones you don't make." – Donald Trump

34. “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” – Bill Gates

35. "Behind every adversity is an opportunity. If you lament over the adversity, you will miss the opportunity." – Ajaero Tony Martins

36. "It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste." – Henry Ford

37. "If you see a snake, just kill it. Don't appoint a committee on snakes." – Henry Ross Perot

38. “Time is your most important resource. You can do so much in ten minutes. Ten minutes; once gone is gone for good.” – Ingvar Kamprad

39. "Anything is possible if you've got enough nerve." – J. K. Rowling

40. "Patience; this is the greatest business asset. Wait for the right time to make your moves." – J. Paul Getty
41. “I do not believe in excuses. I believe in hard work as the prime solvent of life’s problems.” – James Cash Penny

42. “If you’re not stubborn, you’ll give up on experiments too soon. And if you’re not flexible, you’ll pound your head against the wall and you won’t see a different solution to a problem you’re trying to solve.” – Jeff Bezos

43. "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great." – John D. Rockefeller

44. "The most important aspect of my personality as far as determining my success goes; has been my questioning conventional wisdom, doubting experts and questioning authority. While that can be painful in your relationships with your parents and teachers, it's enormously useful in life." – Larry Ellison

45. “You are nuts and you should be proud of it. Stick with what you believe in.” – Trip Hawkins

46. "When you reach an obstacle, turn it into an opportunity. You have the choice. You can overcome and be a winner, or you can allow it to overcome you and be a loser. The choice is yours and yours alone. Refuse to throw in the towel. Go that extra mile that failures refuse to travel. It is far better to be exhausted from success than to be rested from failure." – Mary Kay Ash

47. “You have to be open-minded when those early opportunities present themselves; take advantage of them whether they’re going to make you a lot of money or not.” – Rachael Ray

48. "Start small and dream big." – Rich Dad

49. “Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice; and most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs

50. “Let us do or die.” – Warren Buffett

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom