Without great elites to restore sanity Tanzania, the country will collapse

The death of JPM brought more hopes and fortunes to the politics of Tz en rule of law than sarrow........so no need for condolence, it must mark the beginning of constutionism politics but unfortunately no charismatic leader in the ruling realm of CCM,
The Late President John Magufuli was a one single person, and there are many people like him left within the ruling political party, called Chama Cha Mapinduzi [ CCM ].

Trying to understand and get a whole bigger picture on Tanzania's politics.

We are not discussing one person here! We are discussing the whole political system of a ruling party that created a politician like John Magufuli and many others within the ruling political party.

Unless perceptions, systems and structures are all changed to suit the political sphere itself, we will continue to have a problem in the political sphere.

Why do we say a fish rots from the head down. I reiterate here – that no state, or civilisation in history has ever achieved greatness without a great elite. This includes global hegemonies like the United States, China, France, or the United Kingdom.

In contrast, the artificially invented – and imposed – Eurocentric African post-colonial state is a disaster. These humpty-dumpties yoyo between sterility and collapse. Tanzania has retarded to the “African norm.” Blame no one, but our putrid and bankrupt elite.

It gives no pleasure – in fact I am deeply pained – to pen this column. I say so because the collective failure, the malignancy, is our shared shame. It’s true that the white man gave us a poisoned chalice. He mutilated our souls and fed them to the proverbial devil. He planted culturally demonic chips in us. Every time we try to right the ship, the demon punches the self-destruct button, and puts us in reverse.

Despair hangs in the air as our elites devour and eat their young.

At the dawn of flag independence, the white man said that we couldn’t govern ourselves. We loudly protested and pulled out the race card. Then one by one African state after African state atrophied, or collapsed. The white man was right – and so were we. That’s because he had booby-trapped the state he gave us. Pick up a timed bomb and it will blow in your face. Our problem is that we didn’t detonate the bomb before picking it up. That’s what they’ve done in Singapore and Malaysia and are attempting to do in India, Brazil, and other emerging post-colonial states. In Tanzania, Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere tried it, but with arguably mixed results.

Under CCM, our national cancer if unchecked shall metastasize. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out. Corruption indicates will infest our bone marrow. The national debt has exploded. Common decency has evaporated. Our school system is in the toilet. More than half our people are in a constant state of malnourishment. We are dying.

The state that’s supposed to take care of us – and our property – shouldn’t go rogue. The rich have gotten obscenely rich. The poor and destitute have ceased to elicit even pity from their compatriots. But the elite troops go to church and mosque every week and bows their heads – and raise their palms upwards – like faithful penitents. We must ask this – what devils are they praying to? Even more chilling, what are they beseeching the lord to give them?

I’ve watched many an African states go over the cliff. But I’ve always held out the hope that Tanzania is simply not nonsense on stilts. We can stop our country from collapsing into a heap. But this doesn’t happen by osmosis, or happenstance. Inter-elite calumny and moral bankruptcy aren’t a natural state.
Makala nzuri. Wrong choice kwenye lugha: tatizo hapa ni zaidi ya kutumia Kiingereza. Kiingereza ukichotumia hakina tija kwa msomaji wa kawaida.

Na japo naheshimu maamuzi ya mtu kuamua lugha gani atumie katika kuwasilisha ujumbe wake lakini hii kasumba ya kutumia lugha ya kigeni kuwasiliana na wazawa ni fyongo.

Kelele uko na wewe kwamba kuna ujumbe gani wa kutokuwa size ya form 2 ,badala apambanie taasisi imara anatafuta watu imara.
Watu imara wenye elimu walio elimika wenye weledi ndiyo watakaounda na kuisimamia taasisi imara itakayotuvusha tulipozama. Hongera kama umeuelewa ujumbe alioutoa. Mie wa Std VIII nimeuelewa na namuunga mkono 100%.

we are very hopeful with the current regime, under her leadership the country is in safe hands nothing to worry,

we are very hopeful with the current regime, under her leadership the country is in safe hands nothing to worry,
Its too early to say that, the current president is atrue product of the rotten political system of the ruling party, she is surrounded by the same figures who messed up our political arena, may be we should expect miracles from her..........but so far she has not showed or drown her political ideology clear, to say what you said is just being emotional......

We don't want just to be in safe hands. We want democracy and development.

Tatizo tulipopata uhuru nchi ilikuwa njia panda. Sasa dereva wetu Nyerere akachagua kwenda kulia bila kujua kuwa njia hiyo haipitiki huko mbele na anaenda kukwama. Madereva waliochukua usukani baada ya Nyerere badala ya kugeuza kurudi tena njia panda wakajaribu kukatisha njia za kati wakiwa na matumaini watatokea ile njia ya kushoto ambayo tulitakiwa tuifuate tangu mwanzo. Sasa inaelekea hata huku kati kati tumekwama, tunazunguka zunguka tuu. Penda tusipende itabidi turudi tena njia panda tuanze upya na tuchague njia ya kushoto inayopitika.

Why do we say a fish rots from the head down. I reiterate here – that no state, or civilisation in history has ever achieved greatness without a great elite. This includes global hegemonies like the United States, China, France, or the United Kingdom.

In contrast, the artificially invented – and imposed – Eurocentric African post-colonial state is a disaster. These humpty-dumpties yoyo between sterility and collapse. Tanzania has retarded to the “African norm.” Blame no one, but our putrid and bankrupt elite.

It gives no pleasure – in fact I am deeply pained – to pen this column. I say so because the collective failure, the malignancy, is our shared shame. It’s true that the white man gave us a poisoned chalice. He mutilated our souls and fed them to the proverbial devil. He planted culturally demonic chips in us. Every time we try to right the ship, the demon punches the self-destruct button, and puts us in reverse.

At the dawn of flag independence, the white man said that we couldn’t govern ourselves. We loudly protested and pulled out the race card. Then one by one African state after African state atrophied, or collapsed. The white man was right – and so were we. That’s because he had booby-trapped the state he gave us. Pick up a timed bomb and it will blow in your face. Our problem is that we didn’t detonate the bomb before picking it up. That’s what they’ve done in Singapore and Malaysia and are attempting to do in India, Brazil, and other emerging post-colonial states. In Tanzania, Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere tried it, but with arguably mixed results.

Under CCM, our national cancer if unchecked shall metastasize. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out. Corruption indicates will infest our bone marrow. The national debt has exploded. Common decency has evaporated. Our school system is in the toilet. More than half our people are in a constant state of malnourishment. We are dying.

The state that’s supposed to take care of us – and our property – shouldn’t go rogue. The rich have gotten obscenely rich. The poor and destitute have ceased to elicit even pity from their compatriots. But the elite troops go to church and mosque every week and bows their heads – and raise their palms upwards – like faithful penitents. We must ask this – what devils are they praying to? Even more chilling, what are they beseeching the lord to give them?

I’ve watched many an African states go over the cliff. But I’ve always held out the hope that Tanzania is simply not nonsense on stilts. We can stop our country from collapsing into a heap. But this doesn’t happen by osmosis, or happenstance. Inter-elite calumny and moral bankruptcy aren’t a natural state.

Is much easier to point out problems but we need to focus more on solutions. Please give us your constructive recommendations instead of generalizations.

JamiiForums

Without great elites to restore sanity Tanzania, the country will collapse.​

First Prev2 of 3Next Last
Jump to newIgnoreUnwatch
[IMG alt="Charles Mandela"]https://www.jamiiforums.com/data/avatars/m/63/63104.jpg?1614506997[/IMG]

Charles Mandela

Verified Member​

Gerald .M Magembe said:

For a state to collapse, it weakens and weakens until it disintegrates.

Thanks Quote Reply
  • Thanks
Reactions:Yoda
S

Stan Mashamba

JF-Expert Member​

Gerald .M Magembe said:

Professorial presentation on Intellectual Capital and the contemporary African leadership? It seems a square peg in around hole under the JF environment.

Thanks Quote Reply
  • Thanks
Reactions:PTER
[IMG alt="mulwanaka"]https://www.jamiiforums.com/data/avatars/m/417/417135.jpg?1502134048[/IMG]

mulwanaka

JF-Expert Member​

Charles Mandela said:
For a state to collapse, it weakens and weakens until it disintegrates.
A state with almost 90% people with common mind, with only 10% middle class but with peasantly attitude and behaviour cant disintegrate bz it has got no force to encourage disintergretion. But it will live in perpetual vicious cycle of poverty for years, until we will have afore sighted leader who sees beyond his political party his ego Region and tribe thats when Tz we move forward.

Thanks Quote Reply
  • Thanks
Reactions:PTER and JokaKuu
[IMG alt="Charles Mandela"]https://www.jamiiforums.com/data/avatars/m/63/63104.jpg?1614506997[/IMG]

Charles Mandela

Verified Member​

mulwanaka said:
A state with almost 90% people with common mind, with only 10% middle class but with peasantly attitude and behaviour cant disintegrate bz it has got no force to encourage disintergretion. But it will live in perpetual vicious cycle of poverty for years, until we will have afore sighted leader who sees beyond his political party is ego Region and tribe that when Tz we move forward.
I wholeheartedly do agree with you.

But the first step to solve a problem is to acknowledge that problem exists. You don't need to adore misdeeds.

It's factual that some inmates had plans to disorganized this country during and after the general election.

And one shocking thing is how we have made the abnormal to be normal.

How have we come to normalize situations like grand corruption, kidnappings people, torturing and killing politicians, repression and falsification of pupils and students academic results? How?

What we see and doing is to cry to our own, saying that even though Pro-Government Officials may have wronged, the correct process must be used to punish them. Isn't it? Of course yes, it is!

Now, this country needs structural change. You cannot do it by tinkering a few things.

Kenya's politics was an attempt to perfect Tanzania's politics. The only difference between them and us is implementation.

Thanks Quote Reply
  • Thanks
Reactions:PTER, JokaKuu and mulwanaka
[IMG alt="The only"]https://www.jamiiforums.com/data/avatars/m/44/44169.jpg?1499531146[/IMG]

The only

JF-Expert Member​

Charles Mandela said:
Yes! He passed away just one year after the general election.

Again, I send my deepest condolences to the People of Tanzania, Magufuli's family and the People of East Africa at large.

We have lost a great leader. Though when he came into power, he created a different dynamic around leadership.
A great leader this guy who killed innocent ben saanane ,aliacha binti yake mdogo nasubiri akue aje asome hizi comment zake juu ya muuaji wa baba yake aliekuwa hana hatia yoyote
1619956492370.png

Thanks Quote Reply
  • Thanks
Reactions:Charles Mandela
M

Motoekoppela te

Member​

T
Charles Mandela said:
I extend my heartfelt condolences to the People of Tanzania for losing our President just at the start of his new term.
Transfer your condolences to the people of Chad. Leave us alone for we are happy to be this way

Thanks Quote Reply
  • Haha
  • Thanks
Reactions:PTER and Charles Mandela
[IMG alt="Poppy Hatonn"]https://www.jamiiforums.com/data/avatars/m/630/630103.jpg?1618899067[/IMG]

Poppy Hatonn

Member​

Kwa nini tunasema samaki huoza kutoka kichwa kwenda chini. Ninasisitiza hapa - kwamba hakuna jimbo, au ustaarabu katika historia ambao umewahi kupata ukuu bila wasomi wakuu. Hii ni pamoja na nchi kubwa za ulimwengu kama Merika, Uchina, Ufaransa, au Uingereza.

Kwa upande mwingine, serikali bandia iliyobuniwa - na tuliyopewa - Serikaliza Kiafrika baada ya ukoloni ni janga. Hizi Serikali zinayoyoma kati ya utasa na kuanguka. Tanzania tumerudi nyuma mpaka kufikia "kawaida ya Kiafrika." (Tulivyokuwa kabla ya ukoloni). Hatumlaumu mtu yeyote, Ila wasomi wetu walioharibika na waliofilisika.

Haitoi raha - kwa kweli nina uchungu sana - kuandika safu hii. Nasema hivyo kwa sababu kushindwa kwetu kwa pamoja, ni uovu, ni aibu yetu ya pamoja. Ni kweli kwamba mzungu alitupa kikombe cha sumu. Alikata roho zetu na kuwalisha shetani wa methali. Alipanda chips za kitamaduni ndani yetu. Kila wakati tunapojaribu kurekebisha meli, pepo hupiga kitufe cha kujiharibu, na kutuweka katika njia inayotupelikr nyuma.

Kukata tamaa kunaning'inia angani wakati wasomi wetu wakila na kula watoto wao.

Mwanzoni mwa uhuru wa bendera, mzungu huyo alisema kwamba hatuwezi kujitawala. Tulipinga kwa sauti kubwa na tukasema huo ni y aguzi wa rangi..
Halafu moja baada ya nyingine nchi za Kiafrika baada ya kupata serikali ya Kiafrika zilianza kutetemeka, au kuanguka.
Mzungu alikuwa sahihi - na sisi pia tulikuwa hivyo. Hiyo ni kwa sababu alikuwa amenasa,ametega,hali aliyotupatia. Chukua bomu lililotegwa kwa wakati na litakulipukia usoni. Shida yetu ni kwamba hatutegua bomu kabla ya kulchukua. Hiyo ndiyo wamefanya huko Singapore na Malaysia na wanajaribu kufanya nchini India, Brazil, na mataifa mengine yanayoibuka baada ya ukoloni. Nchini Tanzania, Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere alijaribu, lakinimafanikio hayakuwa mazuri Sana.

Chini ya CCM, saratani yetu ya kitaifa ikiwa haitadhibitiwa itasababisha tuangie.. Huna haja ya kuwa mwanasayansi wa roketi kugundua hili. Rushwa inaathiri uboho wetu. Deni la kitaifa limelipuka. Heshima ya kawaida imevukizwa. Mfumo wetu wa shule uko chooni. Zaidi ya nusu ya watu wetu wako katika hali ya utapiamlo mara kwa mara. Tunakufa.

Taifa ambalo linatakiwa kututunza - na mali zetu - viongozi wake hawapaswi kutuibia. Matajiri wamepata utajiri kufuru. Siku maskini hawahurumiwi Tena.[HP:Maskini asihurumiwe mbeie yake. Maskini mpe matumaini Huruma kazionyeshe katika mabaraza] Lakini vikosi vya wasomi huenda kanisani na msikitini kila wiki na huinamisha vichwa vyao - na kuinua mitende yao juu - kama watubu waaminifu. Lazima tuulize hili - ni mashetani gani wanaomba? Inatisha zaidi, wanamsihi bwana awape nini?

Nimeangalia mataifa mengi ya Kiafrika yakipita juu ya mwamba. Lakini nimekuwa nikitoa tumaini kwamba Tanzania sio nguvu ya soda.. Tunaweza kuzuia nchi yetu kuanguka kwenye chungu. Lakini hii haifanyiki kwa osmosis, au tukio. Utaftaji wa wasomi wa kati na kufilisika kwa maadili sio hali ya asili.
Umaskini wa roho siyo lazima. Kwa hiyo Watanzania tuishi kwa roho nzuri,tuondoe umaskini wa roho na pia wa vitu.
Shukrani Nukuu Jibu

At this moment, there is no previous regime nor current regime. Mama Samia Suluhu Hassan was the Vice President before the passing of the Late Elected President John Pombe Magufuli.

So, we are still on the same phase since Mama Samia Suluhu Hassan has co-chaired the presidential position with the same political slogan of "HAPA KAZI TU" tends to be "KAZI IENDELEE".

And you comment on the social media that - "under her leadership the country is in safe hands nothing to worry". As if she was not present during the Magufuli's era!

Do you think life is just a dream from which we all really never awake? The answer is NO! Big NO!

You are only blindly programmed to preserve your selfish molecules, called IGNORANCE. In Swahili translation, IGNORANCE termed as UJINGA.

Back
Top Bottom