Without great elites to restore sanity Tanzania, the country will collapse

Gerald .M Magembe

JF-Expert Member
Jul 17, 2013
Why do we say a fish rots from the head down. I reiterate here – that no state, or civilisation in history has ever achieved greatness without a great elite. This includes global hegemonies like the United States, China, France, or the United Kingdom.

In contrast, the artificially invented – and imposed – Eurocentric African post-colonial state is a disaster. These humpty-dumpties yoyo between sterility and collapse. Tanzania has retarded to the “African norm.” Blame no one, but our putrid and bankrupt elite.

It gives no pleasure – in fact I am deeply pained – to pen this column. I say so because the collective failure, the malignancy, is our shared shame. It’s true that the white man gave us a poisoned chalice. He mutilated our souls and fed them to the proverbial devil. He planted culturally demonic chips in us. Every time we try to right the ship, the demon punches the self-destruct button, and puts us in reverse.

Despair hangs in the air as our elites devour and eat their young.

At the dawn of flag independence, the white man said that we couldn’t govern ourselves. We loudly protested and pulled out the race card. Then one by one African state after African state atrophied, or collapsed. The white man was right – and so were we. That’s because he had booby-trapped the state he gave us. Pick up a timed bomb and it will blow in your face. Our problem is that we didn’t detonate the bomb before picking it up. That’s what they’ve done in Singapore and Malaysia and are attempting to do in India, Brazil, and other emerging post-colonial states. In Tanzania, Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere tried it, but with arguably mixed results.

Under CCM, our national cancer if unchecked shall metastasize. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out. Corruption indicates will infest our bone marrow. The national debt has exploded. Common decency has evaporated. Our school system is in the toilet. More than half our people are in a constant state of malnourishment. We are dying.

The state that’s supposed to take care of us – and our property – shouldn’t go rogue. The rich have gotten obscenely rich. The poor and destitute have ceased to elicit even pity from their compatriots. But the elite troops go to church and mosque every week and bows their heads – and raise their palms upwards – like faithful penitents. We must ask this – what devils are they praying to? Even more chilling, what are they beseeching the lord to give them?

I’ve watched many an African states go over the cliff. But I’ve always held out the hope that Tanzania is simply not nonsense on stilts. We can stop our country from collapsing into a heap. But this doesn’t happen by osmosis, or happenstance. Inter-elite calumny and moral bankruptcy aren’t a natural state.

Ndo utuandikie ma viingereza magumu ? Sisi watanzania wenyewe tunasema sisi tunataka Yanga ifanikiwe tu

Why do we say a fish rots from the head down. I reiterate here – that no state, or civilisation in history has ever achieved greatness without a great elite. This includes global hegemonies like the United States, China, France, or the United Kingdom...
I extend my heartfelt condolences to the People of Tanzania for losing our President just at the start of his new term.

How does one see a man, that kills the blind men in darkness? What is light to the one who can see, is warmth to the blind man. And darkness is a blind man's element.

Pole sana, shule ilikuwa ngumu kufikika umande.
Unafahamu asilimia 90 ya watanzania hawajui kiingereza vyema ,unafikisha ujumbe kuwa tunahitaji watu makini walikomboe taifa ukitolea mifano ya nchi mbali mbali zilivyokombolewa ,kama nimsomi wa kweli hili ni sahihi au ulilenga ueleweke na 10% tu , i bet thats not smart by hook and cook,period!

Kiingereza ulichotumia ni sahihi mahakamani au magazetini sio kuibua mjadala makini kama huu ukijua wanaokuzunguka wakoje .Kazi ya lugha ni kuwasiliana ,sasa hapa kwenye watu 10 ataekuelewa mmoja.

Sisi tuliokuwa tunapata C darasani tulikuwa tunaelewa eleimu nyinyi wa A mlikuwa mnakariri ndo maana huwa mnaishia kuwa malecturer au waandika magazeti si tunakuwa matajiri maana mnaamini kiingereza cha mjinga mwenzio Prof wa majalalani ndo usomi

Nina digrii ya uchumi(UD) kwa hiyo sio kilaza hata tone ila am just not fake fella like u .

Was there an election? Congratulate us .
Yes! He passed away just one year after the general election.

Again, I send my deepest condolences to the People of Tanzania, Magufuli's family and the People of East Africa at large.

We have lost a great leader. Though when he came into power, he created a different dynamic around leadership.

Nyerere alijitahidi. Baada ya hapo Tanzania hatujawahi pata Rais Mzalendo, ambae kwa moyo wa dhati kabisa analipigania Taifa kupata maendeleo ya kweli.

Marais tuliokuwa nao wanaongozwa na kuimarisha chama kibaki madarakani na kufanya vitu vichache kwa ajili ya kunadi kwenye kampeni. Zaidi ya hapo ni upigaji kwa kwenda mbele.

Tanzania is a lost cause. A country with so much potential but dragged behind by ineptitude leadership and a dismal political environment.
Tanzania is a sleeping giant with all its potential economically it has never got a ginius super presidential material. If isreal was to be given the whole of Tz to administer within 3 decades Tz would be a world super power of the likes of Russia China America Britain and France.

Unfortunately our top political leaders are parochial and incapable of coming up with fundermental transition (Revolution) to our dear nation we are clinging to the same breed of political leaders only with different names.

Why do we say a fish rots from the head down. I reiterate here – that no state, or civilisation in history has ever achieved greatness without a great elite. This includes global hegemonies like the United States, China, France, or the United Kingdom....
For a state to collapse, it weakens and weakens until it disintegrates.

11 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom