Why i am for and against The East African Federation

Zawadi Ngoda

JF-Expert Member
Aug 13, 2009
When I passed through the ECOWAS's manuskript since it was founded, and look a close tie how it benefit a normal West African citizen today, I just laugh! And it becomes more a comedy if we should take it as an example in forging our EAF. I am really one among those that believe in Umoja ni nguvu, but we must be very clear which unity are we talking about? And for whom?.

The member countries have Always blamed Tanzanians for being passive in joining The union. Now it has done its part, but i am still not sure whether Tanzanian's leaders convinced beyond reasonable doubts that they are doing the right thing, or they were pressed at the corner to take the move. All in all we are now the part of the Federatin so it sounds useless discussing about why we joined.

Despite the decision at the top political level was made for 10 years ago, but Tanzania's government has not prepared their people to meet the challenge of the Federation. Poor information made Tanzanian's to believe that Federation is impossible by 2010, and many including myself thought it may take place after 20 year, 2020.

Knowing that the formation of EAF is inevitable because of our common history, culture and tradition, that is why I have been writing the positive of the move in the past . Is my pleasure to repeat again and again that the concept of the union is a win -win solution for alleviating poverty in our region. But this is possible only and only when the society (in schools, villages, towns) is very well informed. The free movement of our people will provide the possibilities of increasing their incomes, and on top of that there will be more culture exchanges. By so doing we will increase our productivities because the demand will shoot up.

This move will expand the internal regional market, and decrease the dependant of market outside the continent (EU, USA) which has been very competitive for the resent years. After all why should I import something from EU, USA or somewhere else when I can get it from Kenya, Uganda, Burundi or Rwanda. These are basic reasons that pushes me toward accepting the EAF as a long terms solution for our problems.

In the other hand it is sad to acknowledge that, Until today more than 90% of Tanzanian's including the so called the educated people don't know what will happen with their land. What type of land reforms Tanzania government has made to meet the challenge. What about business? I am not even talking about employment as well as owning houses (mortgages).

How can a Tanzanian join a business in Kenya when he doesn't understand his rights? Today Kenya's government is preaching something else about the job market and Tanzania's is stating completely another thing. Now I question myself if there is any hidden agenda. As long as the leaders of the countries have not come to something common in all the areas including small details, then it is too early to embrace the EAF. This is not like a presidential campaign where the candidate can say anything he likes ( even lying) in order to win the election.

All of these negatives indicates that we were not ready for EAF. Infarct soon or later EAF could come, but not in this way it has happened. It is a question of time line rather than total rejection. I would like to remind my fellow EAF members that- Any Economical solutions that marginalize people (society) will end up to failure. And this is what has happened with EAF.

Zawadi, i don't think we are in the EAF now. But again, EAF is doomed. There's only one common agenda for EAC by non Tanzanian members, to loot, plunder and grab whatever at disposal in Tanzania! Because it seems to be the land of plenty, but it's ruled by retards...hence a soft target. Tanzania isingekuwepo, usingesikia uvuvuzela wote huo wa forced marriages! EAF will divorce before the honeymmoon is over!

Zawadi, i don't think we are in the EAF now. But again, EAF is doomed. There's only one common agenda for EAC by non Tanzanian members, to loot, plunder and grab whatever at disposal in Tanzania! Tanzania isingekuwepo, usingesikia uvuvuzela wote huo wa forced marriages! EAF will divorce before the honeymmoon is over!

i couldn't say it better, if Tz is out of the equation, there probably would be no EAC, ask yourself why?

You are right! It's because of leadership vacuum..now are you saying we are condemned to that void?

Am not saying anything to that effect but am insinuating that for an overhaul of your system(government), you'll need more than just words and debates, like I usually say, your democracy is still young and untested, you living in the early Nyayo era if you ask me(politically I must add).

Am not saying anything to that effect but am insinuating that for an overhaul of your system(government), you'll need more than just words and debates, like I usually say, your democracy is still young and untested, you living in the early Nyayo era if you ask me(politically I must add).

That's why we are now ready to rumble, there are changes ahead, i foresee. Now we know what we didn't know, a lot has been exposed since dictator Mkapa, he had kept the media mute and people didn't know Kikwete either. But now people know, what is left fro CCM is to buy votes from the rural poor..but for how long will it last? For how long will they kill our prophets while we stand aside and look, if i may try those lyrics by the legend! Nyerere's may have been a one party state, but at least he was for the people, he wasn't looting form Tanzanians, but Nyerere's CCM isn't this hyenas' CCM. And i tell you what, CCM popote walipo, with these new unfolding events, mavi yanawachemka, and with their sense of guiltness, you will hear rreshufle within their 'top layer' and it will not stop there, the assault for the protracted liberation war has begun but at least we arent going to 'the bush'. TZ politics isn't easy either, to get supported people need to know your background....even your tribe though we don't have tribalism, it's not just a candidate.

That's why we are now ready to rumble, there are changes ahead, i foresee. Now we know what we didn't know, a lot has been exposed since Mkapa, he had kept the media mute and people didn't know Kikwete either. But now people know, what is left fro CCM is to buy votes from the rural poor..but for how long will it last? For how long will they kill our prophets while we stand aside and look, if i may try those lyrics by the legend! Nyerere's may have been a one party state, but at least he was for the people, he wasn't looting form Tanzanians, but Nyerere's CCM isn't this hyenas' CCM.

As long as the people keep taking baits (bribes) from politicians, CCM will always stay in power. I remember back in the Nyayo error (or is it era) Moi used this tactics for decades and always won, majority of our population live in rural areas, as long as the politicians lie to the ill informed(no pun intended) rural population and bribe them using lessos, Rice, Alcohol, money etc they are in business...
What am trying to say is that it will probably take more than a decade for CCM to peacefully vacate the presidency, am not a political scientist or anything, this is just an observation I have made. Like most Africans, many of you yearn for change, what holds us back is fear, fear of the unknown, and this will hold us back from achieving our countries full potential.
Sometimes I think Tanzania traded Democracy for peace, you have to lose one to get one, This Is Africa.

Wacha waendelee kujidanganya. Hakuna anayewafahamu Watanzania vizuri kama Watanzania wenyewe. Kila ndege huruka kwa mbawa zake.

Wacha waendelee kujidanganya. Hakuna anayewafahamu Watanzania vizuri kama Watanzania wenyewe. Kila ndege huruka kwa mbawa zake.

Guess you got me wrong son, I dint do my post to mock or gloat on anyone, was just making observations. I thought you weren't supposed to crucify someone for being real and airing his opinion.

Guess you got me wrong son, I dint do my post to mock or gloat on anyone, was just making observations. I thought you weren't supposed to crucify someone for being real and airing his opinion.

Khe khe khe ... .... ... why do you suspect yourself?

Khe khe khe ... .... ... why do you suspect yourself?

Am easy bro, was just pointing out, no subliminals on this one. Dont take offense on everything we contribute about your country, we care as East Africans, and am in no mood of exchanging words with you, its the holy month.. Gosta change ma avatar

Am easy bro, was just pointing out, no subliminals on this one. Dont take offense on everything we contribute about your country, we care as East Africans, and am in no mood of exchanging words with you, its the holy month.. Gosta change ma avatar

sawa sawa mbuyu. keep the peace and leave the mudslinging to the others.

Tatizo la Wakenya ni kujiona wako matawi ya juu kuliko wenzao wote EAF! To Tanzanians Kenyans are more of liabilities than assets!

Tatizo la Wakenya ni kujiona wako matawi ya juu kuliko wenzao wote EAF! To Tanzanians Kenyans are more of liabilities than assets!

eeeh kizee! totally unprovoked and out of nowhere u spewed all that vitriol? wow! u must really hate kenyans dont you?

i think i will hold my fire for now

note to the mods. if this thread gets messy dont blame it on kenyans

EAC haina mechanism yeyote ya kumsaidia mwananchi wa kawaida, kama ambavyo serikali yetu muflisi inavyozidi kutudidimiza kwene lindi la ufukara siku hadi siku.

Ni kweli wanajiona sana ingawa bado flying toilets ndio order of the day. Hivi pale kwenye ubalozi wao walikumbuka kuweka vyoo ndani au ndio basi ule mtaa itabidi wabadili jina?

Bro,Kenyans are Assets,you like it or not.Talking of liability I think you are liability to yourselves and to correct you we don't view ourselves as superior to others but it is what we do that makes us the best,we strive to reach the highest standards and maintain that status.
Tanzania too can be great and the EAF should help us to unleash each others potential and this will require mutual respect and cooperation.We have a lot that unites us than separates us and God has blessed every nation on earth each with unique potential,we need each other thats why this idea of EAF is good in the long run.Lets burry the suspicions an fears.WE should be exchanging ideas on how we can benefit from this whole arrangement,we have challanges to overcome but should be done patiently without insults.
I will be happy to see a Kenyan teaming up with a Tanzanian to form a company with branches in Dar and Nrb,lets embarace each other and stop embarassing ourselves about our characters or weaknesses.Time waits for nobody.May Love prevail in EAF.

eeeh kizee! totally unprovoked and out of nowhere u spewed all that vitriol? wow! u must really hate kenyans dont you?

i think i will hold my fire for now

note to the mods. if this thread gets messy dont blame it on kenyans

I do love Kenyans, that's why I tell them the truth, they are highly arrogant!

Huwezi kusema "Why I am for and against the federation". Unless you are operating at some quantum level, you cannot be for and against the federation.

If the intention is to point your views of the pros and cons of the federation, the say so.

If you are for the federation, you are not against it.If you are against the federation, you are not for it. This business of "I am for and against the federation" is a contradiction and betrays poor communication skills.

Speaking of communication skills, labda angeandika Kiswahili angeweza kujieleza vizuri zaidi. Maana mtu akisoma anaona kama huyu muandishi anafikiri Kiswahili na kuandika Kiingereza, creating an English that is bastardized by the effects of excessive direct translation.

When I passed through the ECOWAS's manuskript since it was founded, and look a close tie how it benefit a normal West African citizen today, I just laugh! And it becomes more a comedy if we should take it as an example in forging our EAF. I am really one among those that believe in Umoja ni nguvu, but we must be very clear which unity are we talking about? And for whom?.

And that is just the first paragraph. Nachelea kuendelea paragraphs za mbele.

Hivi anavyosema "and look a close tie how it benefit a normal West African citizen today" hiyo close tie inaingiaje hapo? I am assuming anataka kusema "and look closely". Maana wengine tunaweza kuelewa alikuwa anatafuta tai iliyofungwa madhubuti kabisa wakati akipita katika makabrasha ya ECOWAS, hardly likely.

Labda Mchunguzi was right, there is a certain Pidgin English evolving in Tanzania.

Huwezi kusema "Why I am for and against the federation". Unless you are operating at some quantum level, you cannot be for and against the federation.

If the intention is to point your views of the pros and cons of the federation, the say so.

If you are for the federation, you are not against it.If you are against the federation, you are not for it. This business of "I am for and against the federation" is a contradiction and betrays poor communication skills.

Speaking of communication skills, labda angeandika Kiswahili angeweza kujieleza vizuri zaidi. Maana mtu akisoma anaona kama huyu muandishi anafikiri Kiswahili na kuandika Kiingereza, creating an English that is bastardized by the effects of excessive direct translation.

And that is just the first paragraph. Nachelea kuendelea paragraphs za mbele.

Hivi anavyosema "and look a close tie how it benefit a normal West African citizen today" hiyo close tie inaingiaje hapo? I am assuming anataka kusema "and look closely". Maana wengine tunaweza kuelewa alikuwa anatafuta tai iliyofungwa madhubuti kabisa wakati akipita katika makabrasha ya ECOWAS, hardly likely.

Labda Mchunguzi was right, there is a certain Pidgin English evolving in Tanzania.

U are right! I understand your position, but I wish u could understand mine also. Frankly speaking I am for and against. Mathematical wise it may be impossible, but Philosophy wise it is quite possible and there is where I am.
I can explain my position like this, if there should be one party for 5 years ago campaigning for Federation I could vote for the party. But I could be strongly against the process went through particularly in Tanzania to signing of the deal.

My aim was not to write merit and demerit, but to express the ideology behind the decision. Believe me, it is not as simple as we think!

Back
Top Bottom