Vituko vya wanamichezo......lol

Rutashubanyuma

JF-Expert Member
Sep 24, 2010
[h=1]Planet Sport: Mame Biram Diouf turns up after prenuptial disappearance[/h] Baseball Mascot provides a shock; Sumo stars on best behaviour; Champagne snub in Stanley Cup celebrations; Slumdog Millionaire baseball

• Manchester-Uniteds-Mame-B-007.jpg
    Mame Biram Diouf backflips during a celebration but was guilty of a strange disappearing act before his wedding. Photograph: Jason Cairnduff/Action Images

The Manchester United striker Mame Biram Diouf arrived in Norway on Thursday ahead of his wedding to Mary Orten in Molde on Saturday, ending one of the summer's more unusual missing person hunts. On Wednesday the bride-to-be wrote on Twitter: "Supposed to be getting married in three days ... and the groom has disappeared off the face of the earth." Contacted by Dagbladet, the 20-year-old said : "I think there's some foul play going on. He hasn't answered my calls in five days. I've heard other people have spoken to him, so I don't think it's as scary as it sounds." She blamed the disappearance on the best man, the Molde midfielder Pape Paté Diouf. "That would be typical of them," she said. The panic, however, ended on Thursday when Diouf, who spent last season on loan at Blackburn, finally got in touch with his girlfriend of four years, though Orten was banned from revealing the reason behind his disappearance.
    [h=2] USA: Amarillo rocked by shock around the sock
    [/h]The Amarillo Sox have sent back their mascot after the new model arrived for its debut performance looking quite unexpected. "Instead of a soft-looking sock-type mascot," reported the local Globe-News, "the foot portion of the sock stuck straight out about two feet from the waist." The effect conjured by the two-foot waist-protrusion could best be described as improper. "It's not the way I wanted it," raged the team's general manager, Mark Lee. "I'm very disappointed in the lady who did it, and I've told her so. I want to say on the record, if we offended anybody, I apologise."
    [h=2] JAPANJapan: Sumo wrestlers get golfing ban
    [/h]The Japan Sumo Association has banned wrestlers from playing golf and ordered them to strictly obey traffic laws as the sport prepares to relaunch following a damaging bout-fixing scandal, reports Reuters. "This is really the start so I want the wrestlers to be braced for it," the JSA chairman, Hanaregoma, said. "I want them to go into battle feeling the nerves. There will be no playing golf and they will be told to adhere to the rules of traffic." Wrestlers will also have their mobile phones confiscated for the Grand Sumo Tournament in Nagoya, which starts next Sunday. It was the discovery of incriminating emails and text messages on mobile phones last summer that triggered the latest scandal.
    [h=2] USA: Identity of moderate drinker revealed
    [/h]Another mystery solved this week was the identity of the person who went to the Boston Bruins' Stanley Cup victory party and ordered an Amstel Light. A total of $156,679.74 was spent in a Connecticut nightclub two weekends ago, reported deadspin.com, including a 30-litre "Midas" bottle of Armand de Brignac, the luxury champagne made famous by the endorsement of rapper Jay-Z, which cost $100,000 (£20,000). After the receipt was leaked this week, Amstel's enterprising PR company put up a reward for "the Bruin who ordered an Amstel Light, to recognise him for making a great decision". And duly Shallon Lester, a New York-based socialite, owned up. "[Bruins' forward] Shawn Thornton was kind enough to pass the Stanley Cup full of [champagne] our way, but it was warm and gross so I ordered a beer from the waitress," she explained.
    [h=2] France: Tour de France has a rival – and it's got wings
    [/h]French pigeon-fanciers are looking to profit from the profile of the Tour de France by running an avian version just days before the cyclists get into gear, reports Reuters. The 1,250-mile, 13-stage race started in Lille last Sunday – six days before the more high-profile tour – looking to recruit more people to the sport. "With this Tour de France, first and foremost we want people to get to know our sport," said José do Sousa of the French pigeon fanciers' federation, which has 14,500 members. "In the future, we plan to contact the organisers of the Tour de France to set up departures at the same time."

[h=2]India: Indians chance their arm for Baseball bonanza
    [/h]Young men all over India are flexing their muscles in the hope that a strong arm will carry them into a moneyspinning career in professional baseball. A competition called the Million-Dollar Arm is offering a route to fame and fortune, with the winners of the last edition – held three years ago – offering hope that it is not an impossible dream. In 2008 Rinku Singh beat 35,000 rivals to earn a contract with the Pittsburgh Pirates, and is now tipped to make the leap into Major League Baseball. The runner-up, Dinesh Patel, also earned a contract with the Pirates but has since returned to India. Both were javelin throwers nursing dreams of Olympic glory before the competition. "I had not even seen a baseball before turning up for that talent show," Patel told Reuters, who said that with his first American paycheque he "married off my sister, renovated the house and built a proper bathroom". "It gives me great satisfaction that we started the trend and many now dream of following us," he added. "Mark my words, you could soon have more Indians playing professional baseball." The success of the first graduates was such that the film rights have been bought by Disney. Vivek Daglur, vice-president of the company behind the competition, said: "It's going to be better than Slumdog Millionaire."