UV-CCM chairman says he is ready for any decision

nngu007

JF-Expert Member
Aug 2, 2010
By In2EastAfrica - Sat Jun 11, 8:36 pm

James-Ole-Millya.jpg

Arusha Regional Chairman of the ruling party (CCM), Mr James Ole Millya

The Arusha Regional Chairman of the ruling party (CCM), Mr James Ole Millya said he is ready for any decision that the party committee here will take against him, but added that he will not quit politics should the ultimatum be his ousting from the UV-CCM top post.

"I joined CCM in 2003 while a student at Tumaini University, which means politics is in my blood, but of course if I am ousted I will feel very bad because I have invested much time, resources and manpower to build my party, as well as various development projects, some of which are still being executed," said Mr Millya shortly after leaving the ‘Youth League' hall, along Fire Road in Arusha, where the regional CCM committee was meeting to address the current conflict between Mr Millya and the party Regional Secretary, Ms Mary Chatanda.

Outside the hall, a multitude of youth believed to be members of the party paraded back-and-forth with placards, threatening to take tough action if their chairman will be forced to step down.

"We are going to appeal to (Wilson) Mukama, the National Party Secretary General, because it seems like the youth in Arusha are always ignored by the older party members who feel that all decisions can only come from them," they complained.

Three police trucks patrolled the area and attempts by the youth to demonstrate towards the chained gates leading to the ‘youth hall' were thwarted by some CCM officials who pleaded with the angry youths to calm down and wait for the final decision.
Until we went to press yesterday, the meeting was still going on.
By MARC NKWAME, Tanzania Daily News

All the magamba and their governemnt..are equally culpable for the rot in public institutions in Tanzania be it uvccm, the Wazazi and Wanawake, key among them the public services. These petty squabbles in the uvccm magamba are just aimed at diverting public focus on the government failure to deliver accordingly.

Maelezo hayajajitosheleza. Angeeleza kichapo walichotembezeana na Chatanda na pia kashfa ya kutumika kwake na Lowasa. Hapo bado hajaongea kitu!

Back
Top Bottom