Ukoloni mambo leo USA - Exchange Students waandamana

Candid Scope

JF-Expert Member
Nov 8, 2010
Imekuwa ni kawaida wanafunzi wengi kutoka mataifa ya Ulaya na hasa Waafrika wanaosoma vyuo vya ulaya kurubuniwa na Staffing Company. Wanapotafuta nafasi ya kwenda kufanya kazi nchini Marekani wanavyuo hao hutumia gharama kubwa kupata visa na staffing fees. Wakishafika Marekani wanatumikishwa na kukatwa mishahara yao na kushtukia wanachobakiwa ni pungufu ya gharama zalizogharimia kupata visa na kufika nchini USA. Bora vijana wetu kuwa waangalifu maana si kila king'aacho ni dhahabu.
hershey.jpg
AP110725130113.jpg

Bonyeza hapa chini kuangalia video ya waandamaji:
Hundreds walk out of Hershey's factory

students walk off Hershey's factory job in protest
Hundreds of foreign students on a State Department cultural exchange visa program walked off their factory jobs in protest on Wednesday.The J-1 visa program brings foreign students to the country to work for two months and learn English, and was designed in part to fill seasonal tourism jobs at resorts and seaside towns. The 400 students employed at a Pennsylvania factory that makes Hershey's candies told The New York Times that even though they make $8.35 an hour, their rent and program fees are deducted from their paychecks, leaving them with less money than they spent to get the visas and travel to the country in the first place.

Some of the students were assigned night shifts, and said they were pressured to work faster and faster on the factory lines.
Hershey's said they didn't hire the students when the Times asked:

A spokesman for Hershey's, Kirk Saville, said the chocolate company did not directly operate the Palmyra packing plant, which is managed by a company called Exel. A spokeswoman for Exel said it had found the student workers through another staffing company.

Last December, the AP revealed that federal immigration officials were investigating two human-trafficking abuse cases related to J-1 visas. Strip clubs openly solicited J-1 visa holders in job listings, and some foreign students told the AP they were forced into sexual slavery when their passports were confiscated by a ring of criminals. About 150,000 J-1 visas were given out in 2008. Businesses save about 8 percent by using a foreign worker because of Social Security and other taxes they do not have to pay.

Comments za wamarekani.
  • Bringing in Foreign Workers, under the guise of a student exchange program, using them for cheap labor because you do not have to pay social security taxes, when we have Millions of Americans out of work! Is There No Limit To Corruption and Greed in America??​
  • Brendab
    Social Security and other taxes they do not have to pay. whats wrong with this picture???​
  • Earn
    Americans doing jobs even forginers won't do?​
  • Romikk
  • let me get this straight...we have OUR OWN NATIVE BORN kids unemployed and Hershey's contracts an agency to IMPORT foreign workers, then stiffs them ala Disneyworld and when then they walk out, it's some grand story? I can understand why they walked out, but I can't understand why they were there... More
  • Janice
  • DOnt bring them here to work leave them where they live.. Problem solved. NO Americans in Pennsylvania need a job if only part time. and they already speak english and have there own homes to live in... poor things , could they not get free health care, food stamps and transportation....oh... More
  • Jeni
    sounds a lot like what I have left after I pay all my bills. Its called "reality" Get used to it kids.​
  • Richardu
    It's the corporations! The corporations hired them. Paid them. Cheated them. It's the corporations that outsource jobs to foreign countries. It's the corporations that buy products produced in countries using cheap labor. It's the corporations that are making billions while Americans go... More
  • Angry Black Man
    Welcome to the future, America! When looking for a job, I guess it's now a handicap to be an American citizen. Perhaps we should all lie on our job applications, and not tell them we are American citizens, or that we can speak English. Then perhaps we may have a chance at getting hired in the... More
  • Nuu Laird
    Well I really don't care about this & foreign workers or should I say students feel about how much they have been paid. Why do try to take care of everyone other country in the world besides our own? It is sad we let our own country die and fade away while we care for others counties. Will we... More
  • Steve
    in america we have the justice system just us!​
  • Frank Lodico
  • I worked some really crappy jobs in my life for min. wage. BUT, i worked 'em. When you're starting out, any job is a good job, until ya find a better one. Where is this factory located? They don't have access to high schoolers and college kids to fill their jobs?
  • Dave
    Milton must be rolling over in his grave !​
  • Goaltndr34
    Here is how you solve this issue don't give out any visas to foreigners and give the jobs to Americans.​
  • The Eagle
    Hershey in Pa. would be the last one in the U.S.to exploit anyone. The company has helped more people in this country, over the years more so, than any other company of it's size & the Hershey Chocolate Company should not be involved in any way.​
  • Ken
    Our goverment working at it's best, who bright idea was this anyhow. We should take all of congress & our fine state dept. or whoever's idea this was & make them work at these jobs for $8.35 an hour. Then we would have some good paying jobs for some honest american people & a lower... More

• MONTY
    "About 150,000 J-1 visas were given out in 2008. Businesses save about 8 percent by using a foreign worker because of Social Security and other taxes they do not have to pay." STOP letting foreign workers have American jobs. Plenty of American students would have worked the jobs.​
  • Salvador
    No welfare American what an $8.35 hr. job? Here what is Politicians idea of American jobs? J-1 visa program foreign students slaves, let vote all of Congress out of office.​
  • Harry
    give 50 dollars a hour!!!!!​
  • Harry
    Hershey should move there operations to north korea and give its workers a bowl of rice for15 hours work thus reduceing the price of candy and makeing a most honorable profit. just kidding.​
  • Harry
    Well i bet there are over 400 young adults and summer school vactioners U.S. citizens that could use those jobs for extra spending money even i might be sorry to say.​

Wengi wanatamani kwenda majuu kula kuku kwa mrija na ndo haya wanayokumbana nayo, bora kuwa waangalifu maana tunachofikiria tutachuma kumbe tunawachumia matajiri wenyewe.

Hizi programs zilikuwa zinalipa mwanzoni.Lakini siku hizi zimevamiwa hovyo na pia kuyumba kwa uchumi duniani/marekani kumechangia wanafunzi kushindwa kupata kazi zaidi ya moja na mikataba inakwisha mapema sana
all in all it can be a good experience hata kama hujarudisha mtaji wako.Muhimu ni kujua mapema hali halisi na hivyo ukifanya uamuzi wa kuingia gharama zao ukawa na lengo tu la kwenda kupata exposure na siyo kwenda kuvuna manoti!

Hizi programs zilikuwa zinalipa mwanzoni.Lakini siku hizi zimevamiwa hovyo na pia kuyumba kwa uchumi duniani/marekani kumechangia wanafunzi kushindwa kupata kazi zaidi ya moja na mikataba inakwisha mapema sana
all in all it can be a good experience hata kama hujarudisha mtaji wako.Muhimu ni kujua mapema hali halisi na hivyo ukifanya uamuzi wa kuingia gharama zao ukawa na lengo tu la kwenda kupata exposure na siyo kwenda kuvuna manoti!

Kwa wale wanaokwenda just kujifunza kitu you are right. Lakini waliokwenda kwa malengo ya kupata $$$$ yaliyojilia ndo hayo wanayoandamana. Makampuni ya kimarekani yanahakikisha vibarua wanawaletea faida kwa vile hawapaswi kulipa kodi nyingi ikiwa ni pamoja na social security na insurance kwa kuwa hayo yapo kwa stuffing company. Na hata kama kuna official holiday na pay.

Back
Top Bottom