Tundu Lissu aianza rasmi safari yake kuelekea urais wa TLS

Clemford

Nov 26, 2011
Tundu Lissu:

when our very constitutional and legal order has come under the most vicious and sustained assault by those in power. Our Constitution has been violated in the most brazen manner. Our fundamental rights and freedoms have been rendered useless.

Our Bar and Bench are mocked and laughed at. Our Parliament has not only been shut down but its members are hunted down and snatched like common criminals. Parliamentarians' immunities, central to the functioning of any democratic legislature, have become a sick joke and a mockery.

TLS's members rights and concerns are disregarded. We're now arrested and put in police jails for merely doing our legal duty: representing our clients. Torture, forbidden in the strongest terms by our Katiba, has returned in secret locations and in police stations.

Disappearances, once attributed only to the most odious and despicable dictatorships, has crept in. Impunity has reigned supreme. In the face of these daunting challenges, our National Bar has disappeared under the radar screens.

We're paralyzed by fear of bogus labels of 'politicians' or 'activists.' Now the President, a complete layman and an ignoramus in these matters, can stand in front of our Bench and Bar and teach our judges how to do judicial functions.

Now he can say in our faces that we'd be arrested when we represent accused persons without any fear of denunciation from all corners. I vie for the position of President of our Law Society to put an end to this outrage.

Under my leadership TLS will rediscover its mission and regain its voice. We'll be heard on each and every major question of the day facing our country. We'll respect all but we'll fear none. We'll honour our members rights and concerns and address their needs and problems.

Above all, we'll do our duty to our people by protecting legality, constitutionalism and a respect for fundamental rights and freedoms. This is going to be the most consequential election in the history of our National Bar. Foes of liberty, legality and constitutionalism are watching and mobilizing.

Its friends should do the same but harder and smarter. Please join me on this journey of rediscovery. Please vote for me come March 18th. Please ask your friends and colleagues of the Bar to do the same. I wish you all the very best.

Tundu Antipas Mughwai Lissu

Tundu Lissu:

when our very constitutional and legal order has come under the most vicious and sustained assault by those in power. Our Constitution has been violated in the most brazen manner. Our fundamental rights and freedoms have been rendered useless. Our Bar and Bench are mocked and laughed at. Our Parliament has not only been shut down but its members are hunted down and snatched like common criminals. Parliamentarians' immunities, central to the functioning of any democratic legislature, have become a sick joke and a mockery. TLS's members rights and concerns are disregarded. We're now arrested and put in police jails for merely doing our legal duty: representing our clients. Torture, forbidden in the strongest terms by our Katiba, has returned in secret locations and in police stations. Disappearances, once attributed only to the most odious and despicable dictatorships, has crept in. Impunity has reigned supreme. In the face of these daunting challenges, our National Bar has disappeared under the radar screens. We're paralyzed by fear of bogus labels of 'politicians' or 'activists.' Now the President, a complete layman and an ignoramus in these matters, can stand in front of our Bench and Bar and teach our judges how to do judicial functions. Now he can say in our faces that we'd be arrested when we represent accused persons without any fear of denunciation from all corners. I vie for the position of President of our Law Society to put an end to this outrage. Under my leadership TLS will rediscover its mission and regain its voice. We'll be heard on each and every major question of the day facing our country. We'll respect all but we'll fear none. We'll honour our members rights and concerns and address their needs and problems. Above all, we'll do our duty to our people by protecting legality, constitutionalism and a respect for fundamental rights and freedoms. This is going to be the most consequential election in the history of our National Bar. Foes of liberty, legality and constitutionalism are watching and mobilizing. Its friends should do the same but harder and smarter. Please join me on this journey of rediscovery. Please vote for me come March 18th. Please ask your friends and colleagues of the Bar to do the same. I wish you all the very best.

Tundu Antipas Mughwai Lissu
MKIMCHAGUA NDO MWISHO WA TLS, LAZIMA ISAMBARATIKE !

Mkuu kwenye nchi ambayo rais yuko juu ya sheria kuna chombo kiko huru?
Mkuu tukimfuata mpumbavu na sisi tutakuwa wapumbavu sisi ndo tunao takiwa kumwonyesha kuwa anakosea na anapo ona na sisi tunakosea ndo anapata nguvu ya kukunyagia hapo hapo

Back
Top Bottom