This is nice advice and all to both big and small Organization

mbota

JF-Expert Member
Feb 24, 2012
This is nice advice and all, but I dare to challenge COMPANIES to redesign their job descriptions and stop forcing someone's resume to fit the description.

The real reason why companies are having a hard time finding the right candidate is because they are spending too much time describing someone who already has the job instead of taking the time to listen to someone who potentially CAN DO the job.

My background is in web development, I have worked for companies that have been in the home security industry, telecommunications, computer, and insurance, but yet I'm amazed that on a lot of the job postings they list specific so-called "qualifications" that really aren't qualifications, they are just descriptions of what tools, software, and industry that the company is and uses. Thus if you come from a different company/industry you are perceived as "not qualified".

For example, if the company uses Adobe Photoshop to do their graphics, but the last company I worked for used Adobe Fireworks - why would that make me "not qualified" when I have already proven that I am an experienced web designer and can quickly learn any software you put in front of me.

The point is, companies appear to be taking the resume of the person who currently has the job, copy/paste it onto a job posting, and then say here, we are looking for this exact person. Well if that's the case, then the only person who's going to qualify is the person who already has the job. My advice to companies, is stop being so lazy and take the time to actually read, listen, and interview candidates who show confidence that they can do the job for a company that they never worked for before!

mbota

JF-Expert Member
Feb 24, 2012
The point is, companies appear to be taking the resume of the person who currently has the job, copy/paste it onto a job posting, and then say here, we are looking for this exact person. Well if that's the case, then the only person who's going to qualify is the person who already has the job. My advice to companies, is stop being so lazy and take the time to actually read, listen, and interview candidates who show confidence that they can do the job for a company that they never worked for before!

Toa taarifa ya maudhui yasiyofaa!

Kuna taarifa umeiona humu JamiiForums na haifai kubaki mtandaoni?
Fanya hivi...

Umesahau Password au akaunti yako?

Unapata ugumu kuikumbuka akaunti yako? Unakwama kuanzisha akaunti?
Contact us

Top Bottom