‘There is no need to see more Video’: Police across the country speak out against George Floyd’s death

Mag3

Platinum Member
May 31, 2008
Minneapolis, USA

Police nationwide, in unequivocal and unprecedented language, have condemned the actions of Minneapolis police in the custody death of a handcuffed black man who cried for help as an officer knelt on his neck, pinning him to the pavement for at least eight minutes.

“There is no need to see more video,” Chattanooga, Tennessee, Police Chief David Roddy tweeted Wednesday. “There is no need to wait to see how ‘it plays out’. There is no need to put a knee on someone’s neck for NINE minutes. There IS a need to DO something. If you wear a badge and you don’t have an issue with this … turn it in.”

“Not going hide behind ‘not being there,’” tweeted San Jose Police, California, Chief Eddie Garcia. “I’d be one of the first to condemn anyone had I seen similar happen to one of my brother/ sister officers. What I saw happen to George Floyd disturbed me and is not consistent with the goal of our mission. The act of one, impacts us all.”

“What we saw in Minnesota was deeply disturbing. It was wrong,” NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea wrote Thursday. “We must take a stand and address it. We must come together, condemn these actions and reinforce who we are as members of the NYPD. This is not acceptable ANYWHERE.”

Harris County, Texas, Sheriff Ed Gonzalez, who also spoke out online, told The Associated Press “When bad things happen in our profession, we need to be able to call it like it is,” he said. “We keep thinking that the last one will be the last one, and then another one surfaces.”

UPDATE...

BB14M4dT.png

Derek Chauvin, the former officer in the video seen around the world with his knee on Floyd’s neck for at least five minutes.
He’d been with Minneapolis police for 19 years.

John Harrington, commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety, announced that former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was taken into custody by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, who said that Chauvin was taken into custody in Minneapolis.

Derek Chauvin was arrested four days after George Floyd’s fatal arrest that sparked protests, rioting and outcry across the city and nation, and Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman announced he has been charged with murder and manslaughter, with the charges scheduled to be released shortly.

It is really disgusting, abhorring and shameful.Yet is done in the country that claims to be champions of freedom,liberty and patronizes other countries on human rights!

Hahahaha mkuu hawajamaanisha ulivyoelewa.
wewe ulitaka umaanishe kipi katika tukio la askari wa4 kuhusika na mauaji, wao wamemkamata mmoja katika hilo tukio, umekosa hata cha kuongezea ila kuja kucheka tu hahahahaha
kuna watu wao ni kupinga chochote kilicho mbele yao, na wala hawachangii mawazo mapya, basi sema tu Derek Chauvin kahusika peke yake na hastahili Murder 3rd degree hao wengine hawahusiki kabisa waachiliwe km walivyofukuzwa kazi inatosha
“There is no need to see more video,” Chattanooga, Tennessee, Police Chief David Roddy tweeted Wednesday. “There is no need to wait to see how ‘it plays out’. There is no need to put a knee on someone’s neck for NINE minutes. There IS a need to DO something. If you wear a badge and you don’t have an issue with this … turn it in.”

Kwani ni tukio la kwanza kutokea? washaua weusi wengi na hawawajibishwi ipasavyo. Watu wamechoka saivi! lazima waipate pate na wao. Statements watatoa nyingi tu. Ila nawahakikishia, likimaliza hili, atauliwa mweusi mwengine soon tu.

Back
Top Bottom