Tanzanians Are Invented People

Mzuvendi

JF-Expert Member
Apr 28, 2009
Yes I have said that, we are invented people. The reason for that is there no place in history that shows that we wanted to live together, share responsibilities, take care of each, and defend our best interests.

Correct me if I am wrong. If we had been one people, we would have thought twice before some of us signed mineral or other investment agreements that benefit foreigners and destroyed local environments. Only people with little in common will do that.

I might be wrong again. However, if we have common interests, we will put all foreign aid into good use to help the poor. This is because they are the reasons we receive aid in the first place. Do you think there is a donor country that wants to pay a salary of a fat Tanzanian MP with Master or Doctorate degree? I don’t think so. Therefore, before our MPs demanded pay rise, they should have thought about it. But they didn’t. They didn’t because we don’t take care of each other as a nation.

If we take care of each other, people will get paid according to their quality of work, expertise, and their input to the nation. If you are a tax collector with a high school diploma, why do you demand higher salaries than those of a college professor or medical doctor in order to do your job? Uncharacteristically the nation has decided to pay you more than what you deserve, but you continue to steal anyway.

You do that because you don’t know that shared responsibilities make a nation a nation. Tanzania shouldn’t be a place where every public employee dreams to have a big house powered by industrial generator, and equipped with sim-tank and septic tank. In addition, it isn’t a place to send every child to a private school that cost more than university education. These costs are unnecessary.

They are unnecessary because not only they destroy the foundation of the nation, but also ruin the process of attaining the quality of life we desire. Remember it’s our shared responsibilities that pay school teachers, build road and hospitals, and pay salaries for public employees. However, if we continue to work individually, who will pay for public and social services? Do you think leaders who don’t send their children to public schools will demands excellence in public schools? They won’t.

They won’t because they have nothing to lose, and they think that the lost to the nation isn’t theirs.

Yes I have said that, we are invented people. The reason for that is there no place in history that shows that we wanted to live together, share responsibilities, take care of each, and defend our best interests.

Correct me if I am wrong. If we had been one people, we would have thought twice before some of us signed mineral or other investment agreements that benefit foreigners and destroyed local environments. Only people with little in common will do that.

I might be wrong again. However, if we have common interests, we will put all foreign aid into good use to help the poor. This is because they are the reasons we receive aid in the first place. Do you think there is a donor country that wants to pay a salary of a fat Tanzanian MP with Master or Doctorate degree? I don’t think so. Therefore, before our MPs demanded pay rise, they should have thought about it. But they didn’t. They didn’t because we don’t take care of each other as a nation.

If we take care of each other, people will get paid according to their quality of work, expertise, and their input to the nation. If you are a tax collector with a high school diploma, why do you demand higher salaries than those of a college professor or medical doctor in order to do your job? Uncharacteristically the nation has decided to pay you more than what you deserve, but you continue to steal anyway.

You do that because you don’t know that shared responsibilities make a nation a nation. Tanzania shouldn’t be a place where every public employee dreams to have a big house powered by industrial generator, and equipped with sim-tank and septic tank. In addition, it isn’t a place to send every child to a private school that cost more than university education. These costs are unnecessary.

They are unnecessary because not only they destroy the foundation of the nation, but also ruin the process of attaining the quality of life we desire. Remember it’s our shared responsibilities that pay school teachers, build road and hospitals, and pay salaries for public employees. However, if we continue to work individually, who will pay for public and social services? Do you think leaders who don’t send their children to public schools will demands excellence in public schools? They won’t.

They won’t because they have nothing to lose, and they think that the lost to the nation isn’t theirs.

Your exactly right. Tanzania has lost her compas so its just roaming there and here with no any specific direction. And the pilot is at the vocation enjoying nonse trips from one continent to another doing nothing to attain it at least. 'Let us lament for Tanzania for she is no more, corruption has killed it!!!'

Ndugu! You are very correct! One of the things that we all need to understand, there is a BIG GAP BETWEEN CURRENT TANZANIAN LEADERS AND THE SOCIETY! While most of the leaders (both political and executives) have their priorities first,the second option is for the nation. If we were considerate, we wouldnt have forced the artisanal miners in late 1990s on the expense of Transnational Corporations! We would have considered the socio-economic benefits of such minerals (gold, tanzanite and diamond) to the Tanzanian society. We would have forced investors to get into joint venture to ensure benefits accrued are retained in the country! Similar trend is now being observed in the land sub-sector on the pretex of Kilimo Kwanza! But then you wonder....where are the Tanzanians? Cant we protest?Do we have much energy to engage? Possibly yes, but such initiatives are isolated! How do we hold our leaders into account? How do we make sure leaders serve us instead of us being forced to serve the leaders.....hata kama ni kwa manufaa ya familia zao tu?

I might be wrong again. However, if we have common interests, we will put all foreign aid into good use to help the poor. This is because they are the reasons we receive aid in the first place. Do you think there is a donor country that wants to pay a salary of a fat Tanzanian MP with Master or Doctorate degree? I don't think so. Therefore, before our MPs demanded pay rise, they should have thought about it. But they didn't. They didn't because we don't take care of each other as a nation.

You do that because you don't know that shared responsibilities make a nation a nation. Tanzania shouldn't be a place where every public employee dreams to have a big house powered by industrial generator, and equipped with sim-tank and septic tank. In addition, it isn't a place to send every child to a private school that cost more than university education. These costs are unnecessary.

They are unnecessary because not only they destroy the foundation of the nation, but also ruin the process of attaining the quality of life we desire. Remember it's our shared responsibilities that pay school teachers, build road and hospitals, and pay salaries for public employees. However, if we continue to work individually, who will pay for public and social services? Do you think leaders who don't send their children to public schools will demands excellence in public schools? They won't.

They won't because they have nothing to lose, and they think that the lost to the nation isn't theirs.

I have read this article through twice and I still couldn't see how it proves that Tanzanians are an invented people. Do you really understand what an invented people are?

I have read this article through twice and I still couldn't see how it proves that Tanzanians are an invented people. Do you really understand what an invented people are?

I believe an invented people are those who assume false identity. Now regarding Tanzanians, there's a geographic place called Tanzania, and those who live or originated from this area are indeed Tanzanians. However, there's a different between a geographic area and a nation.

In order for a nation to exist, certain characteritics have to be met. For examples, the nation has to have a group of public servants who are willing to perform their duties deligently. The nation has to have people who are willing to sacrify their lives or wealth for the existance of the nation. The nation has to meet its financial obligations, and the list goes on and on.

The question now is if we list all essential characteristics of a modern state, does Tanzania qualify? I doubt it.

All in all, we are inverted. Word for word translation but it makes sense. Indeed we are inverted.

Back
Top Bottom