Tanzanian military, Texas National guardsmen mentor soldiers

I do not think so. Americans are always strategic. They are also imperialistic. TPDF was doing just fine without this kind of training. What TPDF needs is equipment, modern equipment and not American training with US National guard which is not a national army anyway. Let me tell you a story:
In 1981 when Reagan was in power, somehow the US was interested in Tanzania's army. Remember this was just 2 years after we beat Idi Amin. Reagan's ambassador in Dar sent a message that the US was interested in training Tanzania's infantry. There was no immediate response from the government. Somehow the request landed on Nyerere's table. And Nyerere being a clever person and a strategist himself, said,"I have no problem with my infantry. Why is the US interested so much in my infantry?" So he told Ambassador Bomani to tell the Americans that if they really want to help us, they should help with our helicopter pilot training. Wamarekani walikaa kimya. They never responded. Sisi wengine tuliokuwa wadadisi tukabaki kujiuliza, hivi ni kwa nini wako interested na infantry yetu peke yake? Hivi leo kweli naweza kuja kwako na kukwambia nataka kukusaidia hiki na hiki na wewe uniambie kuwa shida yangu ni hapa na pale halafu ninyamaze? Leo Wamarekani wameshapata walichokuwa wanakitafuta Tanzania. We have given them our army on a silver platter.

Huu ni wakati wa dog-eat-dog-Policies, siamini kama jeshi letu watakuwa wajinga kiasi cha kumpokea mgeni unamuingiza hadi chumbani na kumuonyesha hapa ndio mimi na mama chanja tunapolala yakhe! Kama wamefanya hivyo, we are dead meat! Naamini wale wa enzi za mwalimu bado wapo wapo so they could at least hide some info.

Huu ni wakati wa dog-eat-dog-Policies, siamini kama jeshi letu watakuwa wajinga kiasi cha kumpokea mgeni unamuingiza hadi chumbani na kumuonyesha hapa ndio mimi na mama chanja tunapolala yakhe! Kama wamefanya hivyo, we are dead meat! Naamini wale wa enzi za mwalimu bado wapo wapo so they could at least hide some info.
Tatizo si jeshi letu. Tatizo ni uongozi wetu hasa ngazi za juu. Soma Wikileaks.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom