Tanzania refuses to sign -then signs-proposal for EAC political federation

Duh! Yaani naona watu wanawashambulia jirani zetu,lakini ebu tujiulize imekuwaje makubaliano yamefikia hatua hii ya kusaini ndipo waziri wetu anagoma? Kwanini hatutaki mwuliza yeye na watendaji wa wizara walikuwa wapi anakuja kukurupuka hatua za mwisho? Kwanini tunataka kuficha uzembe wetu kwa uzalendo mufilisi? Waziri ambaye badala ya kufanya kazi yupo busy kusaka urais na malumbano na wanasiasa wenzake kwanini tumtetee? Tuwe serious jamani.

Yaani ukigundua tatizo dakika za mwisho ukubali kusini tu? Heri ya lawama kama hizo kuliko fedheha. hatutaki fedheha kama ya yule aliyepewa hekta 800,000.

Truly you are blind my dear friend,The Kingdom of Great Britain is a federation of three countries who agreed to be together while maintaining their different identities..England,Scotland and Wales..what is wrong with EAC having a political federation in order for us to collectively compete on the world market and within our respective countries!?..foreign direct investments,economies of scale,market efficiency and fair competition among ourselves,resulting in job and wealth creation,specialization in various sectors and reduction of the cost of doing business......the list goes on and on.......
In everything thing there are pros and cons but if the pros outweigh the cons then the idea should be given a chance...you need thorough re -education.
This is an agreement between parties, if one party is not ready to sign there is no need of using strong words to force her to sign. Let us continue with discussions. I remember negotiations on forming the EU as it is now took about 50 years

Looks like so many Tanzanians have very strong views on this shirikisho thing. Most of what happened in the last few days was not even reported as headline news in most of Kenya's media. People here don't really care about federation as they care about a common market, irrespective of what you believe. Most people who support a closer integration do so because they generally believe its a good thing as it will give them a wider market to sell their goods. Land is a minor factor because the riff-raff who care so much about land might not have a desire or financial means needed to settle in a foreign country

Even a monetary union would be bad for Kenya. Uganda and TZ's budgets are financed by donor aid (almost 45 percent in both cases. About 10% for Kenya). Both TZ and Uganda would want to borrow more, or print money to meet their needs, and this, would increase inflation across the block, reducing the purchasing power of Kenyans who don't like to borrow as much.

IMO, I would like there to be a free trade and free movement of goods and labour. Anything more than that is bad for Kenya.

umemaliza kila kitu :poa,yeyote kama hataki hatibiki na kama hakubali ni jeuri.Nalog off

Smatta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shame on you! Your arguments are nonsense! You are hypocrate! Tanzania will never enter into PIT latrine! Im verry hungry on you! Where are u from then? I think you have secrete behind! We will never accept federation NEVER! EVER! NEVER EVER! I will circulate this campagne forever
Please do not waste your time campaigning against the federation..the deal is already sealed and there is no turning back!!!

umemaliza kila kitu :poa,yeyote kama hataki hatibiki na kama hakubali ni jeuri.Nalog off

This is an agreement between parties, if one party is not ready to sign there is no need of using strong words to force her to sign. Let us continue with discussions. I remember negotiations on forming the EU as it is now took about 50 years
You are right but unfortunately we are not EU..we are talking about EAC where me and you will be either the main beneficiaries or losers...as discussions continue we would like your negotiators to be logical not hysterical or engage in side shows...

Tanzania is always full of drama whenever EAC matters are put on the table! ever afraid of progress and success!!...stop behaving like adolescent kids!!.....you are protecting land that you cannot even utilize!!....its time for you to pack and GO!! y are you afraid of leaving this EAC thing anyway! if you do not need it y stick to it!! you withdrew from COMESA in favour of SADC ..the result! South Africans are controlling your economy....everything you consume is south african!! i pity you.
Museveni once said that" its time for us (Kenya,Uganda,Rwanda and Burundi) to start planning without Tanzania" i now agree with him.

I concur with you Moyo!!
Ask yourself, what are they waiting for??

Please do not waste your time campaigning against the federation..the deal is already sealed and there is no turning back!!!

Moyo,

It seems you have very little knowledge pertaining to contracts. Tanzania has refused to sign for political federation proposal, how can you then say that the deal is done? For some reasons, many Kenyans think they know what is best for Tanzania. It is imperative for you people to understand that Tanzania is a sovereign country and it will join the federation under her own terms. We are not going to bow to outside pressure, period.

Looks like so many Tanzanians have very strong views on this shirikisho thing. Most of what happened in the last few days was not even reported as headline news in most of Kenya's media. People here don't really care about federation as they care about a common market, irrespective of what you believe. Most people who support a closer integration do so because they generally believe its a good thing as it will give them a wider market to sell their goods. Land is a minor factor because the riff-raff who care so much about land might not have a desire or financial means needed to settle in a foreign country

Even a monetary union would be bad for Kenya. Uganda and TZ's budgets are financed by donor aid (almost 45 percent in both cases. About 10% for Kenya). Both TZ and Uganda would want to borrow more, or print money to meet their needs, and this, would increase inflation across the block, reducing the purchasing power of Kenyans who don't like to borrow as much.

IMO, I would like there to be a free trade and free movement of goods and labour. Anything more than that is bad for Kenya.
That is one of the very interesting good coments from you MkenyaMzalendo, I don't know your influence degree to Kenyan leaders but I think this could be the best advice to give them. Actually this is what Tanzanians believe that land has got nothing to do with free trade and movement of goods and labour, but the problem is with other patners who have been pressing much on issues of land and recently on Security matters. What I believe is that; we can cooperate on creating favourable business environment without sharing land. Also security issues need gradual process, we can not just sign security under fast track approach. We can start with police and military should be the last point to cooperate as EAF.

Hee, Kumbe serikali inaweza kufanya mambo mengine kwa busara? maana watu mtaani kuna perceive vibaya kuona kuwa nchi hii itauzwa tu kwa bei ya dengu. Thank God kumbe kuna watu wanafikiria vema bado.:juggle:

Six namkubali sana,pale hatuchezewi hata walie machozi ya damu,big up six na team yako.Tanzania inao watu wenye msimamo na nchi yao,sio wote waliopo sisiem ni wapuuzi.

you are very true Mkenyamzalendo,even Tanzanians we need what you are talking, land is our and is nothing concerning intergration,if you have voice buck to your leader to exclude land in their proposal so that TZ can sign otherwise leave us as we are.

Moyo,

It seems you have very little knowledge pertaining to contracts. Tanzania has refused to sign for political federation proposal, how can you then say that the deal is done? For some reasons, many Kenyans think they know what is best for Tanzania. It is imperative for you people to understand that Tanzania is a sovereign country and it will join the federation under her own terms. We are not going to bow to outside pressure, period.

Nobody is and will force Tanzania to join EAF,what i am pointing out here is that it's now very difficult for Tanzania under the current circumstances to withdraw from the EAC treaty first..its one of the principal founding members ,second, the integration involved various stages;common market,custom union,single currency and the ultimate objective was a political federation ..a dream shared by our founding fathers esp Nyerere(RIP) and Kenyatta(RIP)....the terms were clearly set out from the beginning and Tanzania was involved in setting them out..what is worrying is your hypocrisy!! why negotiate while still hiding some cards under the table!?
The issue here is our land tenure systems ...how can we harmonize them to serve us better? the misconception that the rest of EAC is after your land is misguided and unfounded...nobody is after your land....place your cards on the table...press your case and don't escape from the negotiating room to hide in a hotel room when you run out of ideas to argue your case or wait until the matter has reached the advanced stage only to take us back to preliminary stages with flimsy reasons....this way you are likely to be misunderstood!
We also have our misgivings,custom union..single currency etc....in fact Uganda Rwanda and Burundi should be the most uneasy lot since it's Kenya and Tanzania that will be determining who becomes president in the federation due to their large population!!! express your fears openly without black mailing the rest of EAC by threatening to withdraw......what is more important is how we can benefit economically from the unity other issues are minor..you can keep your land but we must know on what conditions should an East African citizen use land for economic purposes in the region?

Watanzania mali mnayo m-mei-kaalia tu.Wache wakenya waje faida itapatikana.Hata Alshabaab karibuni ardhi ya Mungu ilimradi mkifika masharti kuzingatiwa.

Tanzanians think EAC is all about them but there are concerns about many countries as well.

I have just seen an article saying that Tanzania has finally signed the agreement (bad news for EACskeptics lol). I don't know what to make of it at the moment but I personally have very huge doubts about the viability of a monetary union. Uganda will start exporting oil in the near future, earning themselves bags of hard currency in a very easy way. How will EAC countries ensure stability if Uganda goes on a buying spree?

Anyway, I hope the benefits outweigh thee potential pitfalls.

EAC integration on track as Tanzania signs - News |nation.co.ke

Watanzania mali mnayo m-mei-kaalia tu.Wache wakenya waje faida itapatikana.Hata Alshabaab karibuni ardhi ya Mungu ilimradi mkifika masharti kuzingatiwa.
Aisee mbona unapotoka. Ni wewe Ami au ni mtu mwingine anatumia jina lako?

Tanzanians think EAC is all about them but there are concerns about many countries as well.

I have just seen an article saying that Tanzania has finally signed the agreement (bad news for EACskeptics lol). I don't know what to make of it at the moment but I personally have very huge doubts about the viability of a monetary union. Uganda will start exporting oil in the near future, earning themselves bags of hard currency in a very easy way. How will EAC countries ensure stability if Uganda goes on a buying spree?

EAC integration on track as Tanzania signs*- News*|nation.co.ke

Monetary Union! That's also my greatest concern plus the likely entry of South Sudan next year i the Community- with their oil revenues.-. This issue is more sensitive and needs careful consideration!

...I have just seen an article saying that Tanzania has finally signed the agreement...
Yeah! "Tanzanian East African Co-operation minister Samuel Sitta said his country appended its signature to the report after the Heads of States and Government agreed to amend contentious areas". So you see how powerful Tanzania is to her neighbours. Next time you better be careful!

EAC integration on track as Tanzania signs*- News*|nation.co.ke

You people are super-selfish, you are so concerned about monetary union because you know that Kenya will be on loosing end; however, when Tanzanians are voicing their concerns about land you label them as xenophobic. T

You people are super-selfish, you are so concerned about monetary union because you know that Kenya will be on loosing end; however, when Tanzanians are voicing their concerns about land you label them as xenophobic. T

No, I am opposed to a monetary union because I don't want Kenyan taxpayers to be asked in the future to pay for Tanzanian/Ugandan debts because both love borrowing and printing money recklessly. Mind you both countries are already under the HIPC

Below are some of the Nation's readers comments after Tanzania reversed her VETO and decided to sign the document. Ofcourse this was after the LAND and SECURITY issues were removed from the first document (yaani baada ya gamba kutolewa)...:lol:

Submitted by loboko82Tz has it right, why would you be bound by a treaty to support EAC member state during war, when the subject is the aggressor!! Somebody in TZ is really reading carefully the legal verbose that makes these treaties. Kenya as a practice, always signs without reading!!

Posted December 01, 2011 05:24 PM
Submitted by keke
How come the Tz representative is not in the picture? Seems Tz is taking this issue casually, sent VP, where was the Prezzo Kikwete?

Posted December 01, 2011 05:16 PM
Submitted by mamboz
"Africa's biggest country"?

Posted December 01, 2011 04:50 PM
Submitted by machemo
I have watched tanzania keenly i have worked in Tanzania and believe me you,it is headed nowhere,if you want the intergration to make strides,you would rather leave Tanzania with the so called Sadc

Posted December 01, 2011 04:27 PM
Submitted by dongtong
Tz appears to be the only sane country in this region.Cant sign protocols blindly.

Posted December 01, 2011 03:26 PM
Submitted by MaizeScandal_23b
This should be headline news. Thanks Tanazania for coming on board. We must pay attention to what is common in agreement to formulate a sound basis on the way forward. Once we establish what we have in agreement, it will help dispense with what we are not in agreement with. I salute the East African Community and I believe this is the way to go. We must jealously guard our common interests and move as a unit as we aspire for a common Economic and Political intergration. We should not allow external interests to kill our aspiration as a people.

Posted December 01, 2011 02:55 PM

Aisee mbona unapotoka. Ni wewe Ami au ni mtu mwingine anatumia jina lako?

Ni mimi mwenyewe kabisa.Lakini upotofu upo wapi hapa.Wewe unataka ardhi nzuri ya kilimo ifanywe nini ?.Huoni wazigua wenzako wanavyochoma moto misitu kule Handeni,si afadhali waje wasomali na wakikuyu walime?.

Back
Top Bottom