Tanzania refuses to sign -then signs-proposal for EAC political federation

For your info..many that start their lives in the slums end up with better ones somewhere else ... one of the major reasons for the growth of Kibera and other slums was a centralized system of govt we had since independence that concentrated all resources at the center- the capital city..in the next 5yrs kibera might be no more since many people will have to go to their respective counties to seek for better opportunities...its just a temporary problem but for you..its worse a dude from kibera is better than any Tanzanian -from any class-.

Mr/Mrs Moyo, at first i thought u were talking seriusly but now i realiize that u jst have ths overzeleous hate to tanzanians and nothing sensible can come out of ur mouth whenever the word Tanzania is mentioned,if u fill too smart why dont u go n enjoy Kenyan forums i believe they are many. Its either u shut up or u use ur brain and not emotions when u write, its high time u realize that Tanzania wants to move on and it has its ambitions, we have been to kenya n dnt try to fool people as if kenya is some sort of mid income country while u r hit by femine every other few years. This hate of urs is not gonna benefit u in anyway.

For your info..many that start their lives in the slums end up with better ones somewhere else ... one of the major reasons for the growth of Kibera and other slums was a centralized system of govt we had since independence that concentrated all resources at the center- the capital city..in the next 5yrs kibera might be no more since many people will have to go to their respective counties to seek for better opportunities...its just a temporary problem but for you..its worse a dude from kibera is better than any Tanzanian -from any class-.
Apart from yourself who else are you trying to fool?

Moyo said:

Finally Tanzania after so much drama agreed to sign the protocol!!.......i told you here that you had no option but to tore the line..and you did!!.There are various school of thoughts here but i will only handle one

But below is what Tanzanian representatives said and was agreed during the EAC meeting in Bujumbura:

• "We (TZ) wanted the policy to be clearly stated on the matter, so that we do not get into trouble in future. We are glad that the Heads of State summit heard our concerns and directed amendment of the sections accordingly."
  • He assured Tanzanians that the government is keen to ensure their interests are protected in the EAC and the envisaged political federation.
  • On the issue of using IDs, the minister stated: "As Tanzania, we have rejected that. We want people who enter our borders to use passports and not the IDs of their countries. And this again is for the security of our people and their property."
  • He, however, explained: "We have given the go-ahead for other partner states to allow the use of IDs in their countries. But, for Tanzania, we say no!"
  • Tanzanian Vice President Dr Bilal pushed for implementing the two signed protocols before rushing into other processes, citing the Customs Union and Common Market protocols.
  • He said Tanzania is positive about the EAC integration process, but it should be step-by-step.
  • "We (TZ) would like to see the already signed protocols benefit our people before rushing into other stages. What are we rushing for?"
  • Although Tanzania later signed the communiqué issued at the Summit, its Minister for East African Co-operation Samuel Sitta said it only did so after the Heads of State agreed to include further negotiations on co-operation in defence for the next one year and that the issue of land remain as is in the Common Market protocol.

• Tanzania has stated that land will not be part of EAC, calling on all investors from the regional bloc wishing to invest there to follow available channels and national laws.
  • "We (TZ) have told ministers representing other member states that Tanzania is not interested in further discussion on the issue of land. It was completed before signing the Common Market Protocol," Mr Sitta stated.
  • He said that Tanzanians are concerned about their land because of cultural aspects as well as government policies.
  • "Land in Tanzania is owned traditionally. And on the other side of the coin, land is government property. So, those in the region who are eyeing Tanzania's land should forget it."
  • Mr Sitta's comments came barely three days after the Tanzanian delegation refused to sign the report submitted to the Heads of State summit, on the grounds that there were contentious issues outstanding like land, mutual foreign and security policy and identity cards.
Read more from source: Tanzania skips meetings, leaves EAC worried*- News*|theeastafrican.co.ke

Mzee,

Nadhani tumia kikuyu utaweza kufikisha ujumbe vizuri zaidi.....

Kwani ,what is your point!?what is it that u cannot understand that i should use kikuyu!?...re-read the post again especially the areas you have high lighted.....and let me know what you mean..

Mr/Mrs Moyo, at first i thought u were talking seriusly but now i realiize that u jst have ths overzeleous hate to tanzanians and nothing sensible can come out of ur mouth whenever the word Tanzania is mentioned,if u fill too smart why dont u go n enjoy Kenyan forums i believe they are many. Its either u shut up or u use ur brain and not emotions when u write, its high time u realize that Tanzania wants to move on and it has its ambitions, we have been to kenya n dnt try to fool people as if kenya is some sort of mid income country while u r hit by femine every other few years. This hate of urs is not gonna benefit u in anyway.

Njemba Fulani! For info am Mr. Don't judge people hastily,i have no hatred or will have any reason to hate Tanzania or any Tanzanian because God has not given me the right to do so!! ..if you read my post very well and my subsequent conversations with Askari Kanzu you will know or understand where i came from.He contemptuously talked of Kibera people and i had to explain why we have slums in Kenya and what we have done to solve the problem...very many people in slums end up living in better places.due to sheer determination and hard work!.Kenya is a capitalistic society where one has to work his way out unlike you where your govt does everything for you..slums are some of the fruits of capitalism.Kenya is not the only country with slums
It would only be logical that a dude from Kibera,korogocho,mathare and sinai slums cannot be compared to any Tanzanian coz the experience they have and the environment they live in is totally different!! Its a fact and you know it that you cannot compete with us at the same level, that why you must ask for special favors in everything that would bring you into direct competition with us or any other East African Citizen.You always have a very low opinion of this people in Kenyan slums but due to your low reasoning capacity u cant figure it out why!?..because you want to have something bad about the situation or Kenya in order to look better! but you end up fooling yourselves.
I know Tanzania/n's and i also know know the Kenyan slum dwellers..your reasoning is far apart!!you will never be at the same level..given the same privileges you people have ..they will beat you hands down!!
You are the haters here....you can sample many comments and opinions here about Kenya and Kenyans and c for yourself!! so don't throw the blame..when we highlight your weakness doesn't mean that we hate you...even though you need people like us to go forward as you claim.
About me leaving this forum,forget it!!hapa sitoki!! we should not be afraid of ideas and divergent opinions,i understand you are not used to this coz of the way you were brought up..but welcome to the real world.Our famine situation will be solved soon we have the resolve ,will and determination to make our country better.
No hate but just my honest and candid opinions..i thought this is 'the home of great thinkers' 'where we dare to talk openly' please do not betray this slogan..thank you!

Tanzania is a joke, I don't see why the rest of these countries keep having a business as usual attitude with Tz and its pretty obvious it wants out or its unsure of its position in the EAC.. we cant allow Tanzania to keep holding the rest of us hostage while it keeps dillydallying with an important issue like the East Africa community, am sure UG and Rwanda are tired of Tanzania's charade, Kenya wants Tanzania to stick around coz it has alot to lose if Tanzania walks out.. Personally I think its about time we let Tanzania go, they are better of in SADC.

Boss. Historically we all know what happened to the 1st federation. Tanzania is exercising extreme care while addressing her core internal issues with keen interest on wananchi. Land encronchment is a common practice in member status, any idiot would want to first study the underlying factors and drivers on sensitive matters before descending on the dotted lines. If you think proceeding without TZ is a workable solution or graduated decision well voice your concerns and you will be heard. i just think we need to address matters maturedly. BTW, what happened to East African Airlines, Railways, Industries? Now we want EA land's board!!!! Boss?????

Tanzania is always full of drama whenever EAC matters are put on the table! ever afraid of progress and success!!...stop behaving like adolescent kids!!.....you are protecting land that you cannot even utilize!!....its time for you to pack and GO!! y are you afraid of leaving this EAC thing anyway! if you do not need it y stick to it!! you withdrew from COMESA in favour of SADC ..the result! South Africans are controlling your economy....everything you consume is south african!! i pity you.
Museveni once said that" its time for us (Kenya,Uganda,Rwanda and Burundi) to start planning without Tanzania" i now agree with him.

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!

Calm down, kijana. I am just making suggestions like anyone else on this thread. My preferred location were Tz to quit, would be Jinja or anywhere else not in Kenya(we are fine with that). It would reduce the perception of favoritism even though the best infrastructure is in Kenya.
Please, do it fast.

Calm down, kijana. I am just making suggestions like anyone else on this thread. My preferred location were Tz to quit, would be Jinja or anywhere else not in Kenya(we are fine with that). It would reduce the perception of favoritism even though the best infrastructure is in Kenya.

Honestly speaking Tomilay, I think its about time Tanzania quits. The perception of her citizens on the E.A.C is not favorable for any East African who does his business in and around Tanzania, it openly creates tension in the business fronts and obviously dilutes all the progress made by the East Africa common market protocol. the Tanzanian goverment is not making any effort to demistify the negatives thoughts and false propaganda by the EAC detractors, thus insinuating its position on the matter. I dont think its wise for a government to sit on the fence in such matters, as a sovereign state am sure Tanzania has a right to chose who to do business with and which trading blocks to join and which to ignore. E.A.C shall not be held hostage by Tanzania, we need to push for what we had earlier agreed with or without Tanzania, our head of state have failed me this time round.

If had a magic wand

i would wave it make the borders disappear

if i had a magic portion

i would make us fall deeply in love with EA

Having non of these i would reach out to my neighbour knowing only to well we have so much in common than the petty difference that seem to divide us.

Tanzania is always full of drama whenever EAC matters are put on the table! ever afraid of progress and success!!...stop behaving like adolescent kids!!.....you are protecting land that you cannot even utilize!!....its time for you to pack and GO!! y are you afraid of leaving this EAC thing anyway! if you do not need it y stick to it!! you withdrew from COMESA in favour of SADC ..the result! South Africans are controlling your economy....everything you consume is south african!! i pity you.
Museveni once said that" its time for us (Kenya,Uganda,Rwanda and Burundi) to start planning without Tanzania" i now agree with him.
never and ever!!!
u cant do it without Tanzania.God has blessed us with massive land and gave you WARS

never and ever!!!
u cant do it without Tanzania.God has blessed us with massive land and gave you WARS

Yes, God gave you massive lands with minerals, but dint give you brains. its funny how the world works ha!

Bandugu,

Kwa mara ya kwanza viongozi wetu wamefanya kile wananchi wa kawaida wanachotaka.Ukiunganisha nchi zote kenya,Uganda,burundi na Rwanda hazifikii ukubwa wa Tanzania.

[1] Kenya yenye ukubwa wa 582,646 Sq Km na Idadi ya watu 41 milioni

[2] Uganda yenye ukubwa wa 241,083 sq km na idadi ya watu 34 milioni

[3] Rwanda yenye ukubwa wa 26,338 Sq km na Idadi ya watu 11 milioni

[4] Burundi yenye ukubwa wa 27,818 Sq km na idadi ya watu 9 milioni

[5] Tanzania yenye ukubwa wa 945,087 Sq km na Idadi ya watu 44 milioni.

Ukitazama ukubwa wa eneo sq km wa nchi za Kenya,Rwanda,Uganda na Burundi ni 877,883 Sq km na Idadi ya watu ni 95 milioni.
Tanzania yenye jumla ya watu milioni 44 na eneo lenye ukubwa wa Sq km 945,087 kukubali kusiani mikataba ambayo haina maslahi kwa wananchi wake ni ujuha mkubwa ambao hautavumilika.Nchi ya Rwanda tayari ina msongamano mkubwa wa watu ukienda Kenya ndiyo balaa ardhi yake kubwa ni jangwa,Uganda hali ni hiyo hiyo.Tushirikiane lakini tusilazimishane au kutumia ujanja ujanja na hila kwa kisingizio Tanzania haitaki EAC hivi leo Uganda watakuli mafuta yaingizwe EAC Zanzibar inatutoa jasho,mwaka jana tulishuhhudia kisiwa cha Migingo kilivyowapelekesha waganda na wakenya.

Mimi naona mambo ya ardhi ni kisingizio tu! bado muna ile mpango wa zamani ya kwamba kuwa na mashamba ndio utafaulu. sio lazima ufanye kazi ya ukulima ndio ufaulu. kuna biashara nyingi ambazo unaweza fanya. kwa mfano, Uganda has the most fertile districts covering its area hata kuliko kenya fyi, but kenya only has 24 percent of its land is arable, kwa hivyo ukiangalia the GDP ya Nci hizi mbili, kuna tofauti kati ya UG na KE. Inategemea the governance structures in place and the goodwill of the people trusted to deploy policies.

Kenyan forums zina-spearhead tribalism sasa towards 2012! No wonder he gets a relief here! I pity him...

Yes, God gave you massive lands with minerals, but dint give you brains. its funny how the world works ha!

Yeah right who has brains Kenyans whose specialty is to copy and paste and theft, or Tanzanians who are innovative and have brains to invent things? For your information Tanzanians are the most intelligent people in East Africa followed by Malawi, then Uganda and then Kenya. Just do your research my friend.

I have worked with you people and to be honest you stand below against Tanzanians. Your advantage is English but when it comes to innovation, creativity and science and mathematics you are absolutely crap always looking for a way to con you opponent. That is why you find it hard to convince us with your East African Federation as we are 100 steps ahead of your way of thinking.

Danganya waganda, warundi na warwanda. Ukija kwa Mtanzania hudanganyi mtu.

Mkuu wangu Mzalendo452,

Ardhi si kisingizio jaribu kutumia akili kidogo utagundua nchi zote za EA ukionda Tanzania zina msongamano mkubwa wa watu na ardhi kidogo waliyonayo inamilikiwa na watu wachache sana mfano Kenya ardhi yake kubwa inamilikiwa na 1% huku 99% wakikodolea macho ardhi ya Tanzania.

Mimi naona mambo ya ardhi ni kisingizio tu! bado muna ile mpango wa zamani ya kwamba kuwa na mashamba ndio utafaulu. sio lazima ufanye kazi ya ukulima ndio ufaulu. kuna biashara nyingi ambazo unaweza fanya. kwa mfano, Uganda has the most fertile districts covering its area hata kuliko kenya fyi, but kenya only has 24 percent of its land is arable, kwa hivyo ukiangalia the GDP ya Nci hizi mbili, kuna tofauti kati ya UG na KE. Inategemea the governance structures in place and the goodwill of the people trusted to deploy policies.

Mkuu wangu Mzalendo452,

Ardhi si kisingizio jaribu kutumia akili kidogo utagundua nchi zote za EA ukionda Tanzania zina msongamano mkubwa wa watu na ardhi kidogo waliyonayo inamilikiwa na watu wachache sana mfano Kenya ardhi yake kubwa inamilikiwa na 1% huku 99% wakikodolea macho ardhi ya Tanzania.

....kama land ndio utajiri mbona Tanzania ni kubwa 3 times of Japan lakini wana GDP ya 5 trillions huku TZ 20 billions,na hakuna land crisis in EA kwa sababu ardhi haitoshi,hizo fights za land zipo kila kona hata kule Meru,Musoma etc watu wanapigana kwa ajiri ya mashamba lakini ni isolated cases,acheni fantasy zenu za kufikiri EAC is all about land na cha ajabu mnapiga kelele tuu lakini kila siku TZ leadership left & right wana sign hiyo mikataba ya EAC,EAC ipo tayari and its here to stay hizo kelele zenu za kwenye blogs ni useless tuu

Back
Top Bottom