Hapa tanzania ukifanya hv unaweza kusemwa hadi ukafa [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Mike sonko ndiye sawa sawa na mkuu wa mkoa Dar e salaam. ila afadhali Bashite mara mia kuliko Mike sonko. Bashite hana ushenzi kama huu[emoji116][emoji116]
View attachment 1283734View attachment 1283735
Mike sonko ndiye sawa sawa na mkuu wa mkoa Dar e salaam. ila afadhali Bashite mara mia kuliko Mike sonko. Bashite hana ushenzi kama huu👇👇
View attachment 1283734View attachment 1283735
Huku mupe muruke mzeeMike sonko ndiye sawa sawa na mkuu wa mkoa Dar e salaam. ila afadhali Bashite mara mia kuliko Mike sonko. Bashite hana ushenzi kama huu[emoji116][emoji116]
View attachment 1283734View attachment 1283735
Walimkamia sanaGavana Sonko akitiwa pingu na maafisa wa Kikosi cha Kupambana na Ufisadi
Walimkamia sana
Mbwembwe zote kwisha hpo[emoji23]
Ova
Mjanjajanja sana huyu!Huyu Gavana Sonko ameshapitia misukosuko mingi ila hili la sasa itakuwa kiunzi kigumu kukiruka kama msala wa Shimo la Tewa
Sonko Explains How He Escaped Shimo La Tewa Prison
Published on 25 Nov 2019
This is after officials from Shimo la Tewa Maximum Prison moved to court to demand that Sonko serve his remaining sentence and also be charged with escaping from prison.
However, the Nairobi Governor vehemently denied the allegations levelled against him during a Monday morning show at Radio Maisha. Sonko admitted that he was convicted twice for failing to appear in court. As a consequence, he was slapped with a six-month prison term.
"Indeed I was jailed for failing to appear in court. I could not afford the fines so I opted for a jail term," said Sonko. Governor Sonko was convicted on March 12, 1998, in a case number 675/97 after he was sentenced ordered to pay Sh200,000 fine or serve a six-month jail term. He was also ordered to pay Sh500, 000 fine or serve six months in prison for failing to appear in court for another case.
Since he could no raise the fines, Sonko was committed to Shimo la Tewa to serve both sentences concurrently for 12 months. Sonko's jail term was to end on March 11, 1999, but he only served one month.
While dispelling reports that he mysteriously disappeared on April 16, 1998, barely a month after his imprisonment, Sonko claims that he left with the full knowledge of Shimo la Tewa prison officials. "I stayed in prison for one month and I was released after my mother's death," he said.
The Nairobi Governor, however, did not reveal whether he was released to bury his mother or was completely let off the hook. He downplayed a question from the host on claims that he escaped prison by faking illness and sneaked out of the Coast General Hospital where he had been taken for treatment.
"These are things that happened 23 years ago and I have been cleared that is why I ran for public office."
Source: Jarunda TV
Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) while trying to escape arrest. According to EACC, Sonko was attempting to escape at a road block in Voi when the detectives waylaid him.
“EACC confirms that Nairobi City County Governor Mike Sonko Mbuvi has been arrested while escaping arrest at a road block in Voi and is being transferred to Nairobi to face charges of corruption and economic crime,” read the tweet from EACC.
He is expected to arrive in Nairobi afterwhich he will be taken into police custody awaiting arraignment.
Sonko is alleged to have benefited from irregular procurement and payments amounting to Kshs.357, 390,299 million.
This comes barely three hours after the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DPP) head Noordin Haji ordered for his arrest and prosecution over corruption allegations.
Sonko will be facing charges that include willful failure to comply with the law relating to procurement, conflict of interest and abuse of office.
Other charges are the unlawful acquisition of public property, deceiving principal, money laundering and acquisition of proceeds of crime.
Sonko will also be charged alongside senior County Officials, private and business entities accused of benefitting from suspect county funds.
DPP Haji further revealed that the Sonko case has been very challenging due to his attempts to interfere with the course of investigations as well as employing intimidation tactics including the use of goons to threaten investigating officers in the case.
“The investigations by EACC uncovered numerous instances of criminal conduct and a general disregard of the law by the governor and others in charge,” said DPP Haji.
Meanwhile, EACC detectives have also taken into police custody Peter Mbugua Kariuki (County Secretary) and Patrick Mwangangi (Head Supply Chain Management).
Source: Citizen Digital