Skelemani confronts Uhuru on ICC then retracts statement.

demographical factors za constraits may be superior to kenya and tanzania, but inawezekana ukaribu wao na SA ndio factor kubwa.

halafu ina maana huyu waziri tayari anajua matokeo ya kesi ya uhuru na ametoa statement inayomlenga uhuru. get this: tatizo ni kuwa he is aiding to popularize the icc speculation na sio the rule of law. ikiwa anaelewa sheria ingembidi kufunga mdomo mpaka bensouda atakpokamilisha a full hearing. the truth of the matter kama walivyo wapumbavu viongozi wengi afrika na kusahau kufanya someone else bidding.

ninachojua ni iCC imepigwa bao na huenda kusiwa na kesi

kama anaelewa maana ya rule-of-law, asingetoa kauli kabla ya ICC kufanya a full prosecution.

....ina maana ICC agenda inakuwa rehearsed na mataifa mengi afrika ndio izidi kumanufucture ushaidi potovu.
kwa ufupi ni afrika sasa ukweli utatambulika ni mataifa gani yanjitawala na yapi yanaongozwa na vibaraka.

ina any case madini ya botswana imewekwa kwenye hazina ya wakoloni,..

bodi ya utalii kenya yawaomba nchi za magaribi kuwatowa wasi wasi wananchi wao kuhusu kutembelea kenya.ALAFU WEWE UNAKUJA KUJIGAMBA HUMU JF ETI MNAWEZA KUJIENDESHA WENYEWE.KWA UCHUMI GANI MLIONAO.UCHUMI WENU UNATEGEMEA UTALII NA MAZAO YA KILIMO,HAYA HAYO MAUA UTAYAUZA OTHAYA,CHAI UTAZITAFUNA? POOR POLITICAL GOON.

Botswana's Foreign Affairs minister Phandu Skelemani has made a U-turn on his ban on President-elect Uhuru Kenyatta, saying he is free to visit as he is innocent until proven guilty.

Mr Skelemani had earlier told the country's daily Mmegi Mr Kenyatta must not set foot in his country if he refuses to cooperate with the International Criminal Court (ICC).

"This is to retract my earlier statement about the President-elect of Kenya. Mr Uhuru Kenyatta is more than welcome to visit Botswana.

"Botswana is cognisant of a section of the law that says one is innocent until proven guilty," he said in a statement.

Mr Kenyatta is facing charges of crimes against humanity related to the 2008 post-election violence in which more than 1,000 people died.

His alleged co-perpetrators, Maj-Gen (rtd) Hussein Ali and former Head of Public Service Francis Muthaura have been let of the hook for lack of evidence.

Mr Skelemani's statement further said he appreciated Mr Kenyatta's compliance with the ICC since the beginning of the hearings.

"I apologise to the Kenyan people for my earlier statement and wish to maintain that Kenya and Botswana have always worked together and nothing will change that," he said.

Mr Skelemani wished Mr Kenyatta "all the best in the new responsibility of governing Kenya".

Earlier, Kenya had described as "contemptuous" Mr Skelemani's statement.

Government Spokesman Muthui Kariuki told the Nation that Kenya, like Botswana, is a signatory to the Rome Statute and will continue to undertake its obligations but will not be bullied.

"The government finds the statement contemptuous. We know what is required of us and will continue to respect that position," he said.

"Mr Kenyatta has been accused, but he is not guilty until proven otherwise. In fact, he has always attended ICC sessions without failure and is on record he would continue to do so," Mr Kariuki said.

Botswana minister makes Uhuru ICC U-turn - Africa - nation.co.ke

hapo kwenye red inachanganya zaidi. if the initial statement was a government position and diplomatic policy, why should they apologize. and who was responsible for the initial statement.

Na Lesotho utaiweka wapi?

figures and facts do not lie ndio nasema kuwa botswana imepiga hatua kimaendeleo, but tunaweza determine ikiwa serikali ya botswana ina lending rates na loans za kulipwa baadaye to the international communty/donors i.e..

kenya and TZ is in the same position ya kukopa loans na kulipa baadaye, when you subtract these figures upate kile kenya or Tz inabaki nao kwenye hazina utagundua afadhali hata zimbabwe. lakini nakubali gdi/GNI gross national income per person ya kenya is inferior to botswana.

tusichanganye facts

bodi ya utalii kenya yawaomba nchi za magaribi kuwatowa wasi wasi wananchi wao kuhusu kutembelea kenya.ALAFU WEWE UNAKUJA KUJIGAMBA HUMU JF ETI MNAWEZA KUJIENDESHA WENYEWE.KWA UCHUMI GANI MLIONAO.UCHUMI WENU UNATEGEMEA UTALII NA MAZAO YA KILIMO,HAYA HAYO MAUA UTAYAUZA OTHAYA,CHAI UTAZITAFUNA? POOR POLITICAL GOON.

economy ya kenya ina partners wengi kwenye middle east na kwingineko, na pale ambapo tutaumia ni pale mataifa scandinavian an UK watakapo jitoa. wakati huu kuna miradi nyingi nchini zimwekewa msingi na zitasimamia upungufu.

utalii umepungua kulingana na wanahabari lakini inaendelea kuwa bora kila mwaka. wewe ndio political goon maana huelewi hakuna mwekezaji katika sekta ya maua atafunga duka na kutupa faida kuitikia mwito wa ukoloni.

The cost of setting up business na kuvumilia beuracracy is another hassle in another country where technology associated with it is a challenge. advancement in technology and particularly the ICT sector is kenya strong point.

so hata ikiwa wauzaji wataamua kuhama, they have to deeply think about these things kama cost of production

if you think that s how the commercial busness goes you are simply naive. infact business ndio imepamba moto wakati huu

I will give you an example of china where many american and UK businesses are and around the world. ukizingatia mambo haya mataifa ya mgharibi ndio yataendelea kupoteza. kwanini waliamua kuwekeza huko?

hapo kwenye red pengine waembark on a government sponsored terrorism to issue those advisory, advisory inasaidia nini, is it helpful.

Botswana has said Kenya President-elect Uhuru Kenyatta is not welcome in the country if he refuses to cooperate with the International Criminal Court (ICC).

The ICC has charged Mr Kenyatta with crimes against humanity for bearing the greatest responsibility for the post election violence in which 1,133 people died and 650,000 were displaced. He is due to stand trial on July 9.

"If he refuses to go (to The Hague), then we have a problem. That means that they do not know the rule of law. You can’t establish a court and refuse to go when it calls you. If he refuses, he won’t set foot here,” Botswana's Foreign Affairs Minister Phandu Skelemani told Mmegi, a Botswana daily.

Mr Skeleman said he expected Mr Kenyatta and deputy president- elect William Ruto, who is also facing similar charges, will cooperate with the ICC.

Source: Daily Nation

Sasa huyu minister alitakiwa awe amejiuzulu.Hii ni embarrasement kwa serikali ya Botswana sasa

Statement by Phandu Skelemani, M.P,Minister for foreign affairs,Gaborone, Botswana.
This is to retract my statement made earlier about the President elect of Kenya. The President elect of Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta is more that welcome to visit Botswana. Botswana respects the rule of law and it's cognizant of a section of the law that maintains "One is innocent until Proven guilty". Uhuru Kenyatta has been compliant with the ICC ever since the beginning. I apologize to the Kenyan people for misunderstanding of my earlier statement. I wish to maintain that Kenya and Botswana have always worked together and nothing will distract that. I would also wish the newly elected president of Kenya and his government all the best in the new responsibility of governing Kenya.
Thank you,
Phandu Skelemani, M.P,
Minister for foreign affairs,
Gaborone, Botswana.

Uhuru Welcomed in Botswana says Minister | Kenya News Alert

The Government of Botswana has retracted its earlier statement about President –elect Uhuru Kenyatta of warning him not to set foot in Botswana, if he does not cooperate with the International Criminal Court (ICC).

In a statement from the Minister of Foreign Affairs Phandu Skelemani, the Minister said President- elect of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta is more than welcome to visit Botswana.

“Botswana respects the rule of law and it’s cognizant of a section of the law that maintains
'One is innocent until Proven guilty'”, The Minister said.

He said Uhuru Kenyatta has been compliant with the ICC ever since the beginning and apologised to Uhuru Kenyatta and the people of Kenya for his earlier baseless statement.

“I apologise to the Kenyan people for misunderstanding my earlier statement. I wish to maintain that Kenya and Botswana have always worked together and nothing will distract that, “he said

Skelemani also congratulated President-elect Uhuru Kenyatta for becoming the fourth President of Kenya.

“I would also wish the newly elected president of Kenya and his government all the best in the new responsibility of governing Kenya,”

Botswana Government Apologises Uhuru Kenyatta and Kenyans | AFRICA NEWS POST

Botswana has said Kenya President-elect Uhuru Kenyatta is not welcome in the country if he refuses to cooperate with the International Criminal Court (ICC).

The ICC has charged Mr Kenyatta with crimes against humanity for bearing the greatest responsibility for the post election violence in which 1,133 people died and 650,000 were displaced. He is due to stand trial on July 9.

"If he refuses to go (to The Hague), then we have a problem. That means that they do not know the rule of law. You can't establish a court and refuse to go when it calls you. If he refuses, he won't set foot here," Botswana's Foreign Affairs Minister Phandu Skelemani told Mmegi, a Botswana daily.

Mr Skeleman said he expected Mr Kenyatta and deputy president- elect William Ruto, who is also facing similar charges, will cooperate with the ICC.

Source: Daily Nation

Botswana is the only country in sub Saharan countries that I always admire, cherish and regard it as my role model in the issues of democracy and good governance! It is the only country which assured the world that if Al Bashir visited their country he would have been hand cuffed and handed over to ICC!! They have no nonsense attitude when it comes to issues of integrity, democracy and good governance. I believe that's why they are far better economically as opposed to the East African Bloc whereby politicians do not care about core values and human dignity which are positively upheld in Botswana! God Bless Botswana since they are serious and they know what they are doing!!

Hawa ni wamojawapo wa watu walioweka matumaini mengi sana kwa Raila Odinga, wakasahau kwamba Wakenya wana maamuzi yao binafsi yasiyojali kesi inayomkabili Uhuru huko ICC. Siku zote ni vema serikali zote zijifunze kuwa neutral linapokuja suala la uchaguzi. Huku kushadadia mtu fulani halafu anakuja kuchemsha unaweza kujikuta unaiabika kama hili lilowapata Wabotswana.

Hawa ni wamojawapo wa watu walioweka matumaini mengi sana kwa Raila Odinga, wakasahau kwamba Wakenya wana maamuzi yao binafsi yasiyojali kesi inayomkabili Uhuru huko ICC. Siku zote ni vema serikali zote zijifunze kuwa neutral linapokuja suala la uchaguzi. Huku kushadadia mtu fulani halafu anakuja kuchemsha unaweza kujikuta unaiabika kama hili lilowapata Wabotswana.
Hivi wakenya wakirudishwa Enzi za utawala wa KANU watalalamika?

Hivi wakenya wakirudishwa Enzi za utawala wa KANU watalalamika?
Naona kama vile wamesharudishwa. Maana Uhuru Kenyata anatoka chama cha KANU, ambacho kimeungana na vyama vingine kuunda hicho chama cha Jubilee. Sema hadi leo hii sijaona kikubwa alichokifanya Uhuru hadi kustahii tunu kubwa kiasi hiki kutoka kwa Wakenya.

NOTE: Si kweli kwamba Uhuru anatoka KANU. Kumbe KANU haimo katika muungano wa JUBILEE; http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?art...lee-Coalition-parties-wrangles-take-new-twist

Naona kama vile wamesharudishwa. Maana Uhuru Kenyata anatoka chama cha KANU, ambacho kimeungana na vyama vingine kuunda hicho chama cha Jubilee. Sema hadi leo hii sijaona kikubwa alichokifanya Uhuru hadi kustahii tunu kubwa kiasi hiki kutoka kwa Wakenya.

KANU haiko kwenye Jubilee. Uhuru alitoka KANU.

Back
Top Bottom