Show of shame in Nigerian House

Nyaralego

JF-Expert Member
Nov 13, 2007
By FUNKE ADETUTU, NATION Correspondent
Posted Wednesday, June 23 2010 at 19:49

The Nigerian House of Representatives was thrown into pandemonium on Wednesday when a fight which broke out between Progressive Group members and supporters of House Speaker Dimeji Bankole.

Solomon Ahwinahwi, a Progressive Group member, was rushed to hospital with a broken arm. Other members of the group were thrown out of the lower chamber.

Pandemonium broke out on the floor of the House when Dino Melaye, a Progressives official, interrupted proceedings when a motion for the suspension of 11 of the group’s members was being moved.

The Progressives had accused Bankole of misappropriating the lower chamber’s 9 billion naira capital vote.

The brawl, which involved members of the ruling party on both sides of the divide underscored the absence of cohesion and leadership in the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).

After the forceful eviction of the people involved in the fracas, Melaye and 10 members of his group were suspended for what the House described as gross violation of the provisions of section 24 of the Legislative House Power and Privileges Act, which regulates the conduct of members.

Daily Nation:*- Africa*|Show of shame in Nigerian House

I can't say I am surprised, ni hasira za kushindwa WC 2010 na pia hizo politics za kunyakua (our time to 'eat' so to speak)
Very soon the ones in Kenya will go the same route. the YES and NO camp issue. Je, umewahi kuwaona ma councillors wakipigana ngumi because of botched civic election?
I think hii issue ya fisticuffs is very hilarious, watu wazima, jamani behaving like school kids with no discipline.

By FUNKE ADETUTU, NATION Correspondent
Posted Wednesday, June 23 2010 at 19:49

The Nigerian House of Representatives was thrown into pandemonium on Wednesday when a fight which broke out between Progressive Group members and supporters of House Speaker Dimeji Bankole.

Solomon Ahwinahwi, a Progressive Group member, was rushed to hospital with a broken arm. Other members of the group were thrown out of the lower chamber.

Pandemonium broke out on the floor of the House when Dino Melaye, a Progressives official, interrupted proceedings when a motion for the suspension of 11 of the group’s members was being moved.

The Progressives had accused Bankole of misappropriating the lower chamber’s 9 billion naira capital vote.

The brawl, which involved members of the ruling party on both sides of the divide underscored the absence of cohesion and leadership in the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).

After the forceful eviction of the people involved in the fracas, Melaye and 10 members of his group were suspended for what the House described as gross violation of the provisions of section 24 of the Legislative House Power and Privileges Act, which regulates the conduct of members.

Daily Nation:*- Africa*|Show of shame in Nigerian House
That's why they say politics is a dirty game.

Ma-jenerali naona watakuwa wanafurahia ili wajipange kurudi kitini........wamekimiss kwa muda sasa!

That is Nigeria for you...ama ni hasira za kutolewa World Cup?

Lets redraw the separation line between these thingz men...They cant go out to fight for the reason of football!...noop!...These people mean it when it comes to representation of voters!

These people mean it when it comes to representation of voters!
I WISH SO COULD BE THE CASE IN TZ.........
Tungeshuhudia vita vya mwakyembe na Lowassa........
I LOVE NIGERIANS

Back
Top Bottom