Scary messages threaten voters ahead of Sombetini by-election

Boko haram

JF-Expert Member
Nov 7, 2011
PUSH messages being sent to residents of Arusha, targeting to scare them from the anticipated by - elections to feature a single ward of Sombetini are causing unrest here .

The Police, however , say they are yet to receive official complaints from recipients who have been getting short messages via their mobile phones from mysterious Airtel number 0786- 150 - 747 .

One of the messages read : "We will ensure that women and old people do not come out to vote during the Sombetini polls and if possible we shall shed blood, '' the text has been written in Kiswahili and the sender addresses recipients as ' Makamanda' a title used mostly by members of the Chama Cha Demokrasia na Maendeleo ( CHADEMA).

" These are dirty campaigns aimed at making people think that our party is planning chaos, '' stated Mr Godbless Lema the Member of Parliament for Arusha- Urban whose phone number bears uncanny resemblance to the 0786- 150 - 747 which is being used by the culprits. (The MP ' s one , however, starts with 0754) .

" They have purposely chosen numbers similar to mine in order to make people believe that either my party or I am behind these horriblemessages, '' said Mr Lema .

Checking the Airtel number through its registration system the name that propped up was ' Albert Mariwa ' but efforts to call the number proved futile as it was always off - air.

Sombetini residents will be going to polls on Sunday, February 9 this year, in the by -election that sees two major political parties ;the incumbent Chama Cha Mapinduzi ( CCM) and CHADEMA locking horns each trying to wrestle the seat.

CCM has fielded Mr David Lesikar while CHADEMA is trusting Mr Ally Bananga to represent the party.

Previously, the Sombetini Ward seat was being occupied by Mr Chemu Alphonse Mawazo who used to be with CCM before he recently ditched the party and joined CHADEMA thus automatically losing the representation .

In a different case, the opposition party has filed a police case number Ar /RB/982/2014 at the Sombetini Police station , claiming that its members were being attacked by unknown people during the ongoing campaigns .

Hivi ule mtambo wa kutuma message kwa kutumia namba yyote uliolalamikiwa BUNGENI upo wapi? Hizi ni mbinu chafu za kisiasa zitakazokuja kuleta madhara makubwa huku dola imekaa kimya kwa sababu zake maalumu.

always PROPHET LEMA is a target of ccm , lakini mkakati wao wa kishamba umefeli hata kabla haujaanza .

ya kiingereza hiyo tutareply wachache....hapa najua CHADEMA wengi hawajaelewa

watakua wameelewa majina tu..

Akili yako ya kudharau watu ikome, ngoja tukuteremshie mambo ndo ujue CHADEMA si mbumbumbu kama CCM inaowapitisha wabunge drs la saba na f4 failures

Well, I do believe that this is one of the dirtiest type of campaigns. It was reported sometimes back some big fish did purchase a machine to fake on peoples number and send such messages, I do believe all dirty politics have an end, the rulers are always trying hard to use whatever means possible to reach their deadly end, They bought out one of the CHADEMA representative in Lushoto and he did not return his forms when there were two hours before the deadline. So for those who are clear and brave enough these are childish strategies.

Count on me the Arusha people have already set up their minds, you cannot change them.

Lets wait to the end

Mbinu za kutisha watu zimesaidia CHADEMA kushinda viti vinne vya udiwani. Naona muda huu ndo wanazitumia

Hivi ule mtambo wa kutuma message kwa kutumia namba yyote uliolalamikiwa BUNGENI upo wapi? Hizi ni mbinu chafu za kisiasa zitakazokuja kuleta madhara makubwa huku dola imekaa kimya kwa sababu zake maalumu.
Sure mkuu. Jambo hili linapaswa kushughulikiwa na vyombo vya dola. Vinginevyo mchezo huu utazidi kujitokeza mara kwa mara. Ila najiuliza. Kwa ninimiwe Arusha tu wakati kuna kata 21?

teh,teh,bokoharam naona kajibu mashambulizi yangu kuwa hajui lolote kuhusu hii.ajabu ni kuwa haielewi chochote alichopost.ye anajua 'cdm imekwisha'!kumbe ni cdm imetoa onyo kwa kampeni za kijinga

ya kiingereza hiyo tutareply wachache....hapa najua CHADEMA wengi hawajaelewa

mdharau mwiba mguu huota tende.

embeciles look-like people have na time to think critically only shoiting.cdm in win win situation in sombetini ward election regardless durtiest strategies being applied by those injustices

Siasa za kishamba ndiyo zinazoiangusha ccm mara kwa mara na kibaya zaidi hawanaga mda wakujifinza kulingana na makosa

Hizo msg hata kama zitatumwa milion moja kwa kila raia stil cdm itashinda kata hyo,hofu yangu ni kwa watu watatu tu,mosi-mkuu wa mkoa-pili-mkurugenzi mpya-mkuu wa police,wote kwa namna moja ana nyingine wameonyesha chuki za wazi kwa mh lema na kwa chadema kiujumla

Since tulianza na Mungu,basi inshaallaah tutamaliza na Mungu

Akili yako ya kudharau watu ikome, ngoja tukuteremshie mambo ndo ujue CHADEMA si mbumbumbu kama CCM inaowapitisha wabunge drs la saba na f4 failures

Well, I do believe that this is one of the dirtiest type of campaigns. It was reported sometimes back some big fish did purchase a machine to fake on peoples number and send such messages, I do believe all dirty politics have an end, the rulers are always trying hard to use whatever means possible to reach their deadly end, They bought out one of the CHADEMA representative in Lushoto and he did not return his forms when there were two hours before the deadline. So for those who are clear and brave enough these are childish strategies.

Count on me the Arusha people have already set up their minds, you cannot change them.

Lets wait to the end

yeye mwenyewe kajibu kwa kiswahli kuashiria akina mulugo a.k.a poorest ministers.

teh,teh,bokoharam naona kajibu mashambulizi yangu kuwa hajui lolote kuhusu hii.ajabu ni kuwa haielewi chochote alichopost.ye anajua 'cdm imekwisha'!kumbe ni cdm imetoa onyo kwa kampeni za kijinga

Hizi dharau zenu zitawapeleka pabaya sana Sema mimi sio verified user ningekwambia umuulize Ally Bananga mimi ni nani acha upambe dogo.
Hapa hatupo kujibizana na kundi/kikundi chochote back to the topic.

Back
Top Bottom