Radar money flows in schools...... | JamiiForums | The Home of Great Thinkers

Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Radar money flows in schools......

Discussion in 'Habari na Hoja mchanganyiko' started by Sungurampole, May 22, 2012.

  1. Sungurampole

    Sungurampole JF-Expert Member

    May 22, 2012
    Joined: Nov 17, 2007
    Messages: 987
    Likes Received: 6
    Trophy Points: 35
    The news revealed to Regional Administrative Secretaries, DEDs, and council auditors by RALG Deputy Minister (education) Majaliwa that 30bn/= from ‘radar change' will be used to buy desks in three region of Dar, Mwanza and Moro is good news. This part of the 84bn/=refunded by BAE following the controversial radar sales to Tanzania government. He said the balance of 54bn/= will go to books in various schools in the country… (Daily news 21.5.12)

    This is definitely good news to our children who had the dusty floor for desks and not enough text books.

    As I read the paper I reflected and my mind can a question: Should I, as parent/citizen also be happy?

    The answer is BIG NO!


    … because, I don't have a reason to be happy about.

    Great thinkers - Should we be happy?
  2. Mzee Mwanakijiji

    Mzee Mwanakijiji Platinum Member

    May 24, 2012
    Joined: Mar 10, 2006
    Messages: 31,360
    Likes Received: 6,377
    Trophy Points: 280
    We need break down...
  3. Sungurampole

    Sungurampole JF-Expert Member

    May 24, 2012
    Joined: Nov 17, 2007
    Messages: 987
    Likes Received: 6
    Trophy Points: 35
    Yes, let me also reflect from another angle.....

    We should not be happy because it is all wrong and we know it. Our children are benefing from an accident WE caused. Something is fundamentally wrong with us. Those who are happy they are saying "at least this money is finally going to 'a good cause' ". A good cause that we don't plan for and when asked we say the 'kasungura' is too small. Too small to be allocated to 'our cherished priorities' but big enough to be given away to BAE!
    Mh Majaliwa says with this 'accident revenue' we will almost satisfy 80% of our desk requirements. My understanding is we relieved, now we need only a small accident to get the remaining 20% (that is if we are caught). Thats why i say it is all wrong and no one is saying it like it is. This is the highest degree of hypocrisy and moral decay. I remember Mh Membe's drama "READ MY LIPS ..." we read your lips on the use of the money we were caught stealing not how you intend to deal with the act/actors and the circumstances that facilitated the stealing. In the same vein we are now praised of boosting agriculture through 'Kilimo Kwanza' you heard it in the G8. We are 'ghafla' the champions of Africa's efforts to feed itself. But did we tell them that again the praised Kilimo Kwanza is a beneficiary of a major accident in Tz- the famous EPA accident which we were so shy even to mention the names of the culprits (Kilimo kwanza messiahs). Mh Eng Chiza tell us what is the % achieved in our power tiller needs (if we ever needed them anyway). Tell us so that we would know how big should next accident be so that we can fully 'modernize our agriculture'

    This how well we do our planning in Tanzania. Do we still need the annual ritual we call 'marathon budget session' where our MPs talk and talk nearing to turn the bunge into a boxing ring. May be we will not hear of the 'KASUNGURA' any more. No we know you only need to put for the deficit in budget of the priority items - an internal source of revenue called " money from accidents" or more bluntly still- money recovered in theft/grafts incidents. This is why i can't be happy now that my kid will sit on a desk.