Probe anti-Museveni's son assasination claims, says Gen. Tinyefuza

Probe anti-Museveni's son assasination claims, says Gen. Tinyefuza

ByaseL

JF-Expert Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2007
Posts
2,225
Reaction score
249
KAMPALA

A senior member of the security forces has asked Internal Security Organisation (ISO) to investigate claims that top officials, including the chief of police, may have plotted to either assassinate, or frame, colleagues.

A member of the inner circle of Bush War comrades who fought alongside President Museveni between 1981-85, Gen. David Sejusa a.k.a. Tinyefuza, warns that “these are very serious allegations with potential to destabilise the country”.

His instructions are contained in an April 29 letter to the Director General at ISO which he confirmed having wrote. “Yes, I did author that letter sometime back and yes it is my letter,” he said yesterday.
The General also directs that the inquiry establishes if the plans to eliminate top officers, including himself, have anything to do with their opposition to the so-called “Muhoozi Project”.

“… the reason I have written this letter, is in regard to the very serious allegations that have appeared in the press that IGP, Brig. MK, Gen. SS, one Kellen and others hatched an evil and extrajudicial plan of stage-managing the attack on Mbuya barracks [in March] so as to frame some senior members of this government especially I, [Prime Minister] Amama Mbabazi and CDF, Gen. Aronda and those perceived to be anti-Brig. Muhoozi project.

Assassination allegations
“Further, you need to investigate the very serious claims that the same actors are re-organising elements of former Wembley under one police officer Ayegasire Nixon to assassinate people who disagree with this so-called family project of holding onto power in perpetuity,” he writes. Operation Wembley was a joint security response set up by the President Museveni in 2002 to combat run-away violent crime in Kampala and other parts of the country.

Gen. Sejusa writes that “indeed intelligence has picked some clandestine actions by this reckless and rather naïve actors to have some youth recruited as rebels and then frame some members of security services and key politicians perceived as anti-establishment.” The “Muhoozi project” he refers to is an alleged grand, though unspoken plan, to have the commanding officer of the Special Forces Command, Brig. Muhoozi Kainerugaba, replace his father as President.



Saleh issue
Gen. Sejusa, who is also the coordinator of intelligence services, refers to another message he sent to the director general voicing the concerns of serving officers at the involvement of Gen. Salim Salim in the army, matters of the economy and affairs of State.

A younger brother to the President, Gen. Saleh was formally retired from the army years ago although he was later appointed senior presidential adviser of defence and security. Yesterday, Gen. Saleh maintained that his position as a presidential adviser confirms that he has a role to play in the defence and security sector. “You very well know that I was appointed Senior Presidential Adviser on defence and security. I’m holding that office until March 1, 2015. True, I’m retired from the army, but I’m a senior presidential adviser and my contract was renewed last year until 2015,” Gen Saleh said in a telephone interview.
 
Back
Top Bottom