President Obama's first 100 days

Naona it is official now - Obama administration is setting the new tone for diplomacy:
Vice President Joe Biden promised a sharp break from the go-it-alone policies of the Bush era in a major speech on Saturday, saying it was time to "reset" Washington's ties with Russia and talk to Iran.

Speaking at the Munich Security Conference in Germany, an annual gathering of leaders and defense experts, Biden said the new U.S. administration of President Barack Obama was determined to "set a new tone" in Washington and with its allies.

Hakuna lolote hapo...kama unabisha we subiri hadi Osama afanye tena mavitu yake...they will revert back to the same/ similar policies of the past administration. America's foreign policy is hardly that different from administration to administration.

Hakuna lolote hapo...kama unabisha we subiri hadi Osama afanye tena mavitu yake...they will revert back to the same/ similar policies of the past administration. America's foreign policy is hardly that different from administration to administration.

I agree that they cannot change the policies, I think that I did not do justice because I posted the first paragraph. Biden is talking about a different TONE not policies. Kubadilisha policies ni kitu kigumu na kizito sana. It will be next to impossible because the foreign policy of the US is about US interests, period! Lakini you can pursue your interests with a different tone.

Naona Bill Clinton naye kaamua kuongea sasa badala ya kukaa on the sidelines:
Former President Bill Clinton told Virginia Democrats Saturday that the party has won America's long-running culture war but has to make sure not to squander it with partisanship.

Clinton told more than 3,000 people at a party fundraiser that the nation's natural political base shifted back to Democrats for the first time since 1968, thanks to protracted Republican mistakes and the belief that President Barack Obama represented the solution.

He said Obama's election shows Americans at last are welcoming diversity and accepting differences, the opposite of the political dynamic he said Richard Nixon first used in 1968 to lock in a white, conservative voting bloc that kept Virginia and the South reliably Republican for two generations.

"We have won the great culture war that has divided America for 40 years," Clinton said at Virginia's annual Jefferson-Jackson Dinner. "But before we celebrate too much, we have to realize that people hired us to lead."

He warned the state's party activists not to become so blinded by ideology that they abandon prudent governance. He also counseled caution among Democrats, particularly as the economic stimulus package heads toward a Senate vote Monday, urging the party to focus more on how to solve the problem rather than asking only how much it costs.

His message brought the partisan crowd - still reveling in the first Democratic presidential victory in Virginia since 1964 - to its feet.

Party activists, lobbyists and corporations paid at least $175 per seat at the annual gala, generating what state party spokesman Jared Leopold estimated at $700,000.

Bubu,

Hapo umekuwa objective ile mbaya manake najua unampenda sana Obama. That's very big of you kukubali ukweli huu.

Bubu, nadhani tunakubaliana kwamba sote tunamtakia Obama mema, maana akifanikiwa sio yeye peke yake atakaenufaika bali chumi mbali mbali za dunia zitanusurika na hili li economic doldrum lililogubika dunia sasa hivi. Lakini japo tunamtakia mafanikio akichemsha tuseme tu. Ni yeye mwenyewe kaja na hii kanuni, akaiita ni kali kuliko yoyote ya maadili katika historia, lakini sasa anaumbuka manake hata Sen. Levin, democrat mwenzie, nae anasema ana ethic issues na huyu Mr. Lobbyist. Itabidi Naibu Waziri awe anajitoatoa kwenye maamuzi fulani fulani. Nishai. Sasa hivi Obama akiiongelea hii kanuni tena itaonekana haina meno maana inatoa vi waiver ovyo. Ataanza kujishushia vi approval ratings sasa hivi, we ngoja.

Mkuu Kuhani ni kweli kwamba namoenda Obama na oia napenda afanikiwe maana kuinuka tena kwa uchumi wa US ni ahueni ya dunia nzima, lakini penye ukweli uwongo hujitenga hivyo siku zote nitajitahidi kusimama kwenye ukweli. Hata kama kiongozi ninayempenda amevurunda sitaona aibu kusema ukweli

This is no cakewalk for Obama and his administration, lakini huyu Geithner kaanza vibaya:
Administration officials were greeted with sarcasm and laughter Monday night when they briefed lawmakers and congressional staff on Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner's new financial-sector bailout project, according to people who were in the room.

The laughter was at its height when Obama officials explained that the White House planned to guarantee a wide swath of toxic assets -- which they referred to as "legacy assets" -- but wouldn't be asking Congress for money. Rep. Brad Sherman (D-CA), a bailout opponent in the fall, asked the officials to give Congress the total dollar figure for which they were on the hook. The officials said that they couldn't provide a number, a response met by chuckling that was bipartisan, but tilted toward the GOP side. By guaranteeing the assets, Geithner hopes he can persuade the private sector to purchase a portion of them.

Congress may be able to do little more than laugh. The Federal Reserve, in extreme situations, is allowed to intervene in the financial markets in dramatic ways.

Mi nadhani huyu Geithner hatadumu akiendelea hivyo.... anatuma watu ambao hawajiandaa....

This is no cakewalk for Obama and his administration, lakini huyu Geithner kaanza vibaya:

Mi nadhani huyu Geithner hatadumu akiendelea hivyo.... anatuma watu ambao hawajiandaa....

Yeye mwenyewe ni tax cheat.....hakutakiwa awepo kwenye hiyo nafasi....but he is the only one who can do the job, remember?

Yeye mwenyewe ni tax cheat.....hakutakiwa awepo kwenye hiyo nafasi....but he is the only one who can do the job, remember?

We acha hayo... Obama alikubali amechemka... nadhani huyu Geithner ni best wake Rahm na cabal yake, lakini they don't have fresh ideas. Sasa experts wanasema plan yake imechoka ... it is stale... alafu hawajafanya hata homework!

You all need to remember mwanzo ni mgumu sana.You need to give Geithner time.He is a smart guy and that is why he was choosen.whatever he did for the tax he did not cheat that was honest mistake.

Remember he used to work for World bank and world bank dont file time for some reason.He did accept the position kweye wakati mgumu sana.all you need to do is support him dearly na mtaona matunda yake.ACHEni kuwa negative like rush limburgh.
I do have faith.

You all need to remember mwanzo ni mgumu sana.You need to give Geithner time.He is a smart guy and that is why he was choosen.whatever he did for the tax he did not cheat that was honest mistake.

Remember he used to work for World bank and world bank dont file time for some reason.He did accept the position kweye wakati mgumu sana.all you need to do is support him dearly na mtaona matunda yake.ACHEni kuwa negative like rush limburgh.
I do have faith.
Mi nimeanza kukosa imani naye kwa sababu timu yake imeenda bila kujitayarisha katika mkutano na Congerss, na wanajua GOP is pushing hard against everything. Mi ndo JF Obama team yenyewe lakini hapo naona Geithner slipped up and it's a bad start.
naomba usinifananishe na Rush Limbaugh, maana nina allergy mbaya sana naye, lakini my dear friend Nyani ndo amemzimia kinoma. Kwikwikwi

BREAKING NEWS!!!
Stimulus Package passes in Senate! Kazi safiii! Lakini ndo bado asubuhi kweupe, bado House sasa na huko ndipo matatizo yote yapo!
President Barack Obama's economic recovery plan has passed the Senate and is on its way to difficult House-Senate negotiations.

Just three Republicans helped pass the plan on a 61-37 vote and they're already signaling they'll play hardball to preserve more than $108 billion in spending cuts made last week in Senate dealmaking. Obama wants to restore cuts in funds for school construction jobs and help for cash-starved states.

Those cuts are among the major differences between the $819 billion House version of Obama's plan and a Senate bill costing $838 billion. Obama has warned of a deepening economic crisis if Congress fails to act. He wants a bill completed by the weekend.

The bill backed by the White House survived a key test vote in the Senate Monday despite strong Republican opposition, and Democratic leaders vowed to deliver legislation for President Barack Obama's signature within a few days.

Monday's vote was 61-36, one more than the 60 needed to advance the measure toward Senate passage on Tuesday. That in turn, will set the stage for possibly contentious negotiations with the House on a final compromise on legislation the president says is desperately needed to tackle the worst economic crisis in more than a generation.
Kudos to Rahm, Pelosi and most of all OBAMA maana alikuwa busy negotiating with every kind of interst group isipokuwa hao GOP hardliners....

Mi nimeanza kukosa imani naye kwa sababu timu yake imeenda bila kujitayarisha katika mkutano na Congerss, na wanajua GOP is pushing hard against everything. Mi ndo JF Obama team yenyewe lakini hapo naona Geithner slipped up and it's a bad start.
naomba usinifananishe na Rush Limbaugh, maana nina allergy mbaya sana naye, lakini my dear friend Nyani ndo amemzimia kinoma. Kwikwikwi

I am with you i have bud experience with rush Limbaurg and Sean hannity.I cannot stand those two guys.But Rush does have good point sometimes and if he is conservative then why does he base on one side if you listen to him ana sound so republican.I am conservative myself lakini sifungamani na upande wowote.I do support Obama 100% but i am not like rush who is raying hard for obama to fail...what does that mean?yaani inamaana yeye hataki maendeleo ya nchi na dunia nzima? is he happy to see people suffering kwa sababu yeye analipwa milions of money just to sit down na kupiga domo?..

BREAKING NEWS!!!
Stimulus Package passes in Senate! Kazi safiii! Lakini ndo bado asubuhi kweupe, bado House sasa na huko ndipo matatizo yote yapo!

Kudos to Rahm, Pelosi and most of all OBAMA maana alikuwa busy negotiating with every kind of interst group isipokuwa hao GOP hardliners....

Oh yes that was a brave move for Obama for sure.he is trying really hard to put this country in a better place unline them Republican ambao wako against everything.I did listen to his speech last night nikashikwa na hasira sana kwa GOP ambao hawapo tayari to work with him.why?.

Oh yes that was a brave move for Obama for sure.he is trying really hard to put this country in a better place unline them Republican ambao wako against everything.I did listen to his speech last night nikashikwa na hasira sana kwa GOP ambao hawapo tayari to work with him.why?.

Siasa ni siasa tu. Naamini GOP hivi sasa wana wakati mgumu kwa sababu wamepoteza sana support mwaka jana, na hivyo wanahitaji kuji-redefine ana they are tying to present a united front. Pia wanamwogopa sana Obama because he is hugely popular and has a strong mandate! So ni lazima watampinga. But ni nzuri kumpa Obama changamoto, it will keep him on his toes and when he comes out swinging that is when he is the best!

Kuhusu Rush Limbaugh, i can't stand the man, sorry, lakini for further discussion hebu mshtue Nyani - he is a fan!

Kuhusu Rush Limbaugh, i can't stand the man, sorry, lakini for further discussion hebu mshtue Nyani - he is a fan!

Huyo Nyani ngabu no wonder he is so sturbon like Rush Limburgh.Ukiwa unampenda Rush most definetely unakuwa na wewe negative kabisa point blank.

Siasa ni siasa tu. Naamini GOP hivi sasa wana wakati mgumu kwa sababu wamepoteza sana support mwaka jana, na hivyo wanahitaji kuji-redefine ana they are tying to present a united front. Pia wanamwogopa sana Obama because he is hugely popular and has a strong mandate! So ni lazima watampinga. But ni nzuri kumpa Obama changamoto, it will keep him on his toes and when he comes out swinging that is when he is the best!

My point is i dont see a point of them being so hard on Obama at this time maana people are suffering economy imekuwa mbaya a lot of just are being shut down hata mtu sasa hivi kwenda shopping unagopa maana hujui hatima yako.You know they dont see this because they are rich they have it going on money and fame ila sisi watu wa kima cha chini ndiyo ambao tuna suffer extremely.

My point is i dont see a point of them being so hard on Obama at this time maana people are suffering economy imekuwa mbaya a lot of just are being shut down hata mtu sasa hivi kwenda shopping unagopa maana hujui hatima yako.You know they dont see this because they are rich they have it going on money and fame ila sisi watu wa kima cha chini ndiyo ambao tuna suffer extremely.

You are right lakini kumbuka wao wako busy setlling political scores!

We acha hayo... Obama alikubali amechemka... nadhani huyu Geithner ni best wake Rahm na cabal yake, lakini they don't have fresh ideas. Sasa experts wanasema plan yake imechoka ... it is stale... alafu hawajafanya hata homework!

sasa kama obama alichemka kwa nini bado tuliambiwa kuwa ni yeye pekee atakayetutoa kwenye reccession....? obama bana...mchemfu sana aisee..

halafu hata press conference anatumia prompter, what the hell?

Back
Top Bottom