Poor Reviews of SGR Services

NASWA wants this project to fail as if they live outside Kenya, if it fails it fails on them too, so they better top discouraging people from using this train, it will be beneficial even after UHURUTO have left office and retired, am very optimistic about this project.

NASWA wants this project to fail as if they live outside Kenya, if it fails it fails on them too, so they better top discouraging people from using this train, it will be beneficial even after UHURUTO have left office and retired, am very optimistic about this project.

'No point riding first class': Kenyan woman shares SGR's good and bad
Jun. 05, 2017, 6:00 pm
By RHODA TSUMA
FACEBOOK
  • EMAIL
Days after President Uhuru Kenyatta's launch of SGR passenger services between Nairobi and Mombasa, one Rhoda Tsuma has given her review.

The President launched the rides on May 31, saying goodbye to the "lunatic train" launched a century and 22 years ago. He said hitches were expected in the first stages of operation.

More on this: Goodbye lunatic train: Uhuru launches modern SGR passenger rides in Mombasa

Also read: Uhuru threatens death for SGR vandals, declares Sh700 fare at launch

Tsuma complained of lack of online booking, no directions and rude attendants.

Here is her post:

1. No point buying a 1st class ticket. There’s no priority ticketing office and no priority check in. Everyone is huddled together like cattle irrespective of what you paid Sh700 or Sh3000.
  2. They keep time. I liked this. I am a stickler for time. Many people were left behind because they couldn’t keep time. Crying to deaf ears about traffic.
  3. They were not ready to launch. The restaurants on the station and in the train are not open yet. Carry your food and drinks from home.
  4. No priority for children or elderly. No help either.
  5. They don't take cards or M-Pesa for ticket payment. Carry cash or go to hell.
  6. No signage directions to the railway stations. One could easily get lost. Signage on the highway would help.
  7. Corruption has reared its ugly head already. Askaris at the station pre-buy tickets in bulk then sell them outside the station at a premium. I saw a Chinese family find their way through to the train without paying. They had no tickets and so the Kenyan security team told them to go buy tickets. They rudely told them off and said that they can speak Chinese to the superiors. Long story… but I was thoroughly upset about the whole scene. It looked like a movie.
  8. On Friday and Sunday, they (management) might need to have two trips from either side.
  9. Online ticketing is needed as soon as possible.
  10. Why do we have Chinese folk doing jobs Kenyans can do? Like ticketing?
  11. They should at least learn English and Swahili before doing some of those non technical jobs.
  12. Kenyans need to learn how to use public toilets. Guys are filth
  13. The views are the best one will ever experience in Kenya. The elephants in Tsavo are right at arm’s length. The flora and fauna of this country is unmatched.
  14. I think every Kenyan should try the ride. If you have relatives who cannot afford the 700, please be kind and give them a gift.
  15. The train is a good thing for this country and especially commuters who have been fleeced by bus and air companies.
  16. All the above things can be sorted out in less than a day. Looking forward to having the line go to serve our brothers and sisters in Northern Kenya , Western and Uasin Gishu areas.
Unedited

Thank you for participating in discussions on The Star, Kenya. Note that:
  • Unwarranted personal abuse and defamatory statements will be deleted.
  • Strong personal criticism is acceptable if justified by facts and arguments.
  • Deviation from points of discussion may lead to deletion of comments.
Asked and answered

Kenya Railways responds to acid critique and addresses SGR train shortcomings
Posted June 7, 2017

The first phase of the Standard Gauge Rail service, which was launched by President Kenyatta last Wednesday, is currently operating with scheduled passenger trains from Nairobi and Mombasa running on a daily basis.

Kenya Railways Managing Director, Mr. Atanas Maina said: ‘Over the last week we have experienced a daily surge in passenger numbers. The growing numbers demonstrate the vital role Kenya Railways plays in our nation’s transportation system; we are definitely off to a strong start. With demand for our services at an all-time high we are looking forward to scheduling additional trains. The combination of state-of-the-art design, unrivalled comfort and convenience means that we are well placed to meet the growing demand as passengers increasingly opt for our services over other existing means‘.

In addition to growing passenger numbers, over 7.000 passengers are said to have used the SGR trains in both directions so far, Kenya Railways also announced that plans are underway to introduce the intercounty trains that will make stops Athi River, Emali, Kibwezi, Mtito, Voi and Mariakani before the final stop at Miritini. These trains are scheduled to start operations by July. Kenya Railways and the operator CRBC have put together a joint team to address the customer service issues in order to ensure that the service remains efficient and convenient to the customers.

Without a doubt we have many passengers who intend to ply their businesses across the five counties that the line traverses and this new train will ensure that we play our role in devolution by connecting businesses across the counties‘ Maina further explained.

The company has also announced a partnership with National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) to enable private bus operators provide last mile services to and from the various destinations along the route. For passengers in Nairobi, the company has scheduled a daily train to the Nairobi Terminus that will be dropping off travellers in the morning from the City Centre and transporting them back to the city from 1 PM when they arrive from Mombasa. In Mombasa, the access road is in its completion phase and thus is expected to provide a fluid road connection to the Miritini Station from Mombasa City.

compressed_syokimau_pic.jpg
citytrain-1012.jpg

705080.png

On the Nairobi side, the Nairobi Commuter Rail service to Syokimau Station is available in the mornings to take the passengers to the Nairobi Terminus before the 9am train departs. The service is also available in the afternoons to pick passengers arriving from Mombasa and drop them to the city center.

We will continue to enhance the customer experience and optimize our services through continuous improvement of our internal systems such as retraining staff on service delivery‘ concluded Maina.

This, in addition to the new online ticket payment platform to be unveiled on Monday, will ensure convenience in travel for all customers.

The reaction of Kenya Railways will be welcomed by hundreds of individuals who posted negative comments on their social media platforms, about chaos when purchasing tickets, difficulties to access the stations in the absence of road signage, lack of restaurant facilities at the stations and on the train though it does not absolve the company of course for their failure to have such logistical issues in place at the start of commercial operations.

Kenya Railways responds to acid critique and addresses SGR train shortcomings

This is why we have run down institutions in Kenya and Sub Sahara Africa because of mediocre people like ...HOW CAN A PRESIDENT AND HIS DEPUTY LAUNCH SUCH A GRAND PROJECT WITHOUT CHECKING AND MAKING SURE THAT

1 -All signage is properly in place.
2-Non technical jobs like ticketing are done by KENYANS
3- That you get what youpay for i.e. first class is first class ,ie availability of food etc...
4 All loopholes for corruption are sealed...like the police selling tickets for a commission etc...
COME ON WANJALA..THESE ARE ALL PATRIOTIC CONCERNS THAT ALL SANE KENYANS SHOULD BE ASKING
AM NOT DELUSIONAL

The president himself said this is a soft launch. You can call it beta test.
They will use the next 6 months to collect data and iron out things.
And I don't believe that part of police selling tickets. I was there and bought my own ticket inside at the advertised rate.

I didnt bring JOSHUA RAO HERE..you did..police selling tickets for a commission, bring in RAO,Chinese not paying for the train ride,bring RAO...pork launched a mega project that was not fully complete...bring in RAO...OH I FORGOT THAT THAT YOURE A JUBILOOTER SPIN DOCTOR...

My guess is the writer is a Naswa idiot. Having been to both Syokimau and Miritini, I've not encountered anyone selling tickets other than at the designated counters.

My guess is the writer is a Naswa idiot. Having been to both Syokimau and Miritini, I've not encountered anyone selling tickets other than at the designated counters.
HOW ABOUT BEDBUGS FOR BRAND NEW COACHES..MIKEBE YA BLUE BAND BEING SOLD AS NEW..
upload_2017-6-7_10-15-51.png

HOW ABOUT BEDBUGS FOR BRAND NEW COACHES..MIKEBE YA BLUE BAND BEING SOLD AS NEW..
View attachment 520839
Seriously??? Kwahivyo bedbugs zilitoka china????? all the way from china though the temperatures in the sea and survived??? hahahahah we umezidi bana

Tena the lady blames the nurses for the bedbug situation? like what? how did nurses even come to this.....
her FB timelie clearly shows she has a thing for Raila..... I guess linking the nurses strike to bedbugs is a nice twist of the knife to jubelee failures...
Alafu she says 6 hours when all trains have been going 4.5Hrs...

the pic of the supposedly bedbug on the blue colored SGR seats, this is where she found the pic

upload_2017-6-7_18-48-20.png

What Do Bed Bugs Look Like?

If the story has any thruth in it, she probably is the one that took the bedbugs to the new train... She is patient Zero!

Hata kama nasupport Raila, upuzi zengine hatutakangi

Seriously??? Kwahivyo bedbugs zilitoka china????? all the way from china though the temperatures in the sea and survived??? hahahahah we umezidi bana

Tena the lady blames the nurses for the bedbug situation? like what? how did nurses even come to this.....
her FB timelie clearly shows she has a thing for Raila..... I guess linking the nurses strike to bedbugs is a nice twist of the knife to jubelee failures...

the pic of the supposedly bedbug on the blue colored SGR seats, this is where she found the pic

View attachment 520877

If the story has any thruth in it, she probably is the one that took the bedbugs to the new train... She is patient Zero!

She is a real fool!!

View attachment 520877

Just admit simple truth...TULIUZIWA MIKEBE YA BLUE BAND...KUTOKA 1920s..

NAS-NAIROBI AIPORT SERVICES HAS BEEN CONTRACTED TO SUPPY FOOD ON THE TRAIN..
OWNERS ARE GEORGE MUHOHO KENYATTA AND NGINGA KENYATTA..KENYA INA WENYEWE KWELI

View attachment 520877

Lol, so she downloaded some random picture from the internet then claimed its from the train lol. She does not know the difference kati ya first na economy classes or wollefa na pia hajui time ya kutravel. See, shallow people

Back
Top Bottom