Poll: Is it time for Raila Odinga to retire from active politics?

Is it time for Raila Odinga to retire?

• Yes

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters
Odinga ana umri wa miaka 72 sasa
Bila shaka odinga amekuwa katika siasa za Kenya kwa muda mrefu sana.
Amesimama urais zaidi ya mara tatu na akashindwa kila wakati
Is this a sign that he should just give up his ambitions for the presidency at last and let other people try?
2013 ali simama urais na Kenyatta na akabwagwa
2017 wakenya walidhani kuwa atampisha Kalonzo awe mgombea urais ila haikufanyika.
2017 inaonekana kuwa bado amepoteza hata kama bado matangazo rasmi toka IEBC hayajafanywa.
Je, unadhani ni wakati Odinga ajiuzulu ktk siasa za Kenya?

please cast ur vote in the poll above..Yes or No answers please....you can follow up with a short comment afterwards...

Five things Raila Odinga said during his CNN interview

As the opposition leader, he has been very effective in putting the govt in check. Kenya needs Raila to narture a new crop of political leaders and there are still some other roles he can play in the country.

No, Kenya still needs him.

Kalonzo pia amepoteza sana kule kwake, amepoteza Machakos na Kitui, kumbuka Kitui imechukuliwa na Ngilu ambaye Kalonzo alikua ameomba asipewe kura, hivyo kwa kifupi huyo hana ushawishi tena.

Mtu aliyeibuka mshindi kwenye muungano wa NASA ni Mudavadi, huyu jamaa alikua amezikwa kwenye kaburi la sahau lakini ametumia mgongo wa Raila na kupata wabunge na magavana haswa kwenye mkoa wa Magharibi, yaani amefuta uwepo wa ODM kwenye huo mkoa.

Raila ingekua bora akatulia bado akiwa na ushawishi, sio siri muda huu ameshindwa barabara kwenye huu uchaguzi, maana Jubilee wamezoa wabunge, maseneta na magavana wengi hata kwenye gatuzi ambazo tulijua siku zote ni za Raila. Bora astaafu kistaarabu, sio lazima awe rais, kwanza napenda kwamba familia ya Odinga na Kenyatta ndio mwisho wao kututawala na kutuweka katika hali ya taharuki za kikabila. Wanaondoka wote, hata Uhuru miaka ijayo mitano itakua ndio mwisho wa himaya ya Kenyatta.
Mkuu acha upotoshaji jubilee imepata county 25 pekee both senators na governors and the rest zimeenda kwa party zingine sasa unaposema imezoa una maana gani????

As the opposition leader, he has been very effective in putting the govt in check. Kenya needs Raila to narture a new crop of political leaders and there are still some other roles he can play in the country.

I beg to differ ,no he hasn't been putting the gov't in check its more like looking for self serving political mileage .

How do you put govt in check then show that you don't respect rule of law?How do you put govt in check then turn around and not respect independent institutions ? How do you allegedly care so much for your country then when your avid fans start fights bcuz of you ,you EXPRESSLY state how you could care less if the country burns?

Somethin is very wrong with Odinga -he wants to control and gain lots of fans to use them for his political gain -then he says he doesn't control them when they start ugly riots and fights.

I beg to differ ,no he hasn't been putting the gov't in check its more like looking for self serving political mileage .

How do you put govt in check then show that you don't respect rule of law?How do you put govt in check then turn around and not respect independent institutions ? How do you allegedly care so much for your country then when your avid fans start fights bcuz of you ,you EXPRESSLY state how you could care less if the country burns?

Somethin is very wrong with Odinga -he wants to control and gain lots of fans to use them for his political gain -then he says he doesn't control them when they start ugly riots and fights.

Hate him or luv him, it is bcos of Raila that Kenya has attained this level of advancement in its democracy and freedoms.

Yes, he has very effectively put the previous govts on their toes by exposing the corruption and rights abuses- whether for political mileage or out genuine love for this country is immaterial. Uhuru Kenyatta didnt give u the affordable electricity cos he loves u, did he?

The effect of it all is that the standard of our democracy is quite advanced in comparison with that of the many countries in the Africa. He effective used his intricate international connections and enormous mobilization capabilities to blackmail the govt into carrying out certain important governance reforms that have seen the expansion of our freedom and democratic rights.

Case in point, the recent reforms he demanded in the manner in which elections are conducted in this country made this one of the free...freeast, freeyest ( how do u spell that?) and fairest elections in Africa, which unfortunately to him, didnt go his way.
He may dispute the results....as usual, but the elections were very orderly, free and fair.
Uhuru won.

U are right about the riffraffs that are his supporters. Raila has used them for his personal ends. But let us give credit where it is due.
None of our politicians is a saint. There are politicians who are worse than Raila many times over. But they dont command as nationwide prominence as Raila.

Let us start with Arap Mashamba.

it has nothing to do with age...he should resign because he has held this country hostage...there are 45 million kenyans who are capable of running for president...Kalonzo, Mudavadi etc....my point is that he shld give other ppl a chance...he has already failed 4 times...awachie wengine wagombee pia..
It his right to vie for the presidency as many times as he wants you cant take that away from him.....he is still the single most popular politician in kenya so I believe he still has something to offer for this country.so yeah I just voted NO on this poll.

Hate him or luv him, it is bcos of Raila that Kenya has attained this level of advancement in its democracy and freedoms.

Yes, he has very effectively put the previous govts on their toes by exposing the corruption and rights abuses- whether for political mileage or out genuine love for this country is immaterial. Uhuru Kenyatta didnt give u the affordable electricity cos he loves u, did he?

The effect of it all is that the standard of our democracy is quite advanced in comparison with that of the many countries in the Africa. He effective used his intricate international connections and enormous mobilization capabilities to blackmail the govt into carrying out certain important governance reforms that have seen the expansion of our freedom and democratic rights.

Case in point, the recent reforms he demanded in the manner in which elections are conducted in this country made this one of the free...freeast, freeyest ( how do u spell that?) and fairest elections in Africa, which unfortunately to him, didnt go his way.
He may dispute the results....as usual, but the elections were very orderly, free and fair.
Uhuru won.

U are right about the riffraffs that are his supporters. Raila has used them for his personal ends. But let us give credit where it is due.
None of our politicians is a saint. There are politicians who are worse than Raila many times over. But they dont command as nationwide prominence as Raila.

Let us start with Arap Mashamba.
I wish I could like this post twice

Mkuu acha upotoshaji jubilee imepata county 25 pekee both senators na governors and the rest zimeenda kwa party zingine sasa unaposema imezoa una maana gani????

Kaka Kenya tuna gatuzi 47 na kwa chama kimoja kuzoa 25 hicho ni kipigo balaa. Kumbuka hata vyama hivyo vingine kunavyo ambavyo vipo kwenye mlengo wa serikali kwa mfano kile cha 'Maendeleo chap chap' cha bwana Mutua.

Mola gani kamkataa mbona formee IEBC chairman Isaack hassan kakiri odinga amechezewa rafu sana kwenye chaguzi kenya or u know better than Him???? Kivuitu je mbona kakiri odinga aliibiwa kura???

Ambacho odinga anaanguka sababu wakikuyu wanaogopa akiingia madarakani atarevenge na kucreate a LUO dynasty and supress kikuyus...... thats it zaidi ya hapo Raila anapendwa na wakenya wote na ndio maana chama chake ndio the only party ambacho kipo kitaifa kuliko vyama vyote from east to west to central to north
wakenya wote wanampenda Rao...sio kweli kura alizopata zinaonyesha...akalime awapishe wengine...alishauriwa amwachie Kalonzo au Mudavadi akagoma pia ma financial wa Nasa Jimmy, Joho n.k walisema ni Odinga tu...sasa kapigwa chalii kifo cha mende

The moment Raila embraced Ngilu after she was sent packing due to corruption that's when he displayed his greedy for power and self-serving bias and nothing to do with Kenya. But anyway, that's normal of every politician, they are all the same, only that we tend to make Raila seem as panacea to all our ills.

The moment Raila embraced Ngilu after she was sent packing due to corruption that's when he displayed his greedy for power and self-serving bias and nothing to do with Kenya. But anyway, that's normal of
every politician, they are all the same, only that we tend to make Raila seem as panacea to all our ills.

That is one of his many weaknesses as a leader, the reason I did not want him as president but to remain as a public watchdog.

He is good at keeping the excesses of the sitting govt in check, but him in govt, as the head of govt.....he would be a phenominal disappointment, he was a disappointment when as pm.

That is one of his many weaknesses as a leader, the reason I did not want him as president but to remain as a public watchdog.

He is good at keeping the excesses of the sitting govt in check, but him in govt, as the head of govt.....he would be a phenominal disappointment, he was a disappointment when as pm.

He is very good at being the first one to raise a voice on any anomalies, there are so many instances I wished he were wrong, especially during Waiguru saga. It pained me so much when it turned out to be true, that those people had embezzled so much amount of money.

For a moment there I felt the need to begin looking at Raila from different angle and scope, that he probably is one hero we have been denying him a chance to change our country. But while reflecting about him, he proceeded to embrace the Ngilus who got kicked out due to corruption, his own governors have been worse and has never raised a finger against them simply because they fund him.

You can't be a watchdog during the day but be something else when the night falls.

Huyu this time angeshinda sema ******** kamponza wakenya wamekataa mambo ya udikiteta uchuwaraa

Kalonzo pia amepoteza sana kule kwake, amepoteza Machakos na Kitui, kumbuka Kitui imechukuliwa na Ngilu ambaye Kalonzo alikua ameomba asipewe kura, hivyo kwa kifupi huyo hana ushawishi tena.

Mtu aliyeibuka mshindi kwenye muungano wa NASA ni Mudavadi, huyu jamaa alikua amezikwa kwenye kaburi la sahau lakini ametumia mgongo wa Raila na kupata wabunge na magavana haswa kwenye mkoa wa Magharibi, yaani amefuta uwepo wa ODM kwenye huo mkoa.

Raila ingekua bora akatulia bado akiwa na ushawishi, sio siri muda huu ameshindwa barabara kwenye huu uchaguzi, maana Jubilee wamezoa wabunge, maseneta na magavana wengi hata kwenye gatuzi ambazo tulijua siku zote ni za Raila. Bora astaafu kistaarabu, sio lazima awe rais, kwanza napenda kwamba familia ya Odinga na Kenyatta ndio mwisho wao kututawala na kutuweka katika hali ya taharuki za kikabila. Wanaondoka wote, hata Uhuru miaka ijayo mitano itakua ndio mwisho wa himaya ya Kenyatta.
Mkuu mmefanikiwa kumpeleka Malisa katika hospital ya vichaa??

He is very good at being the first one to raise a voice on any anomalies, there are so many instances I wished he were wrong, especially during Waiguru saga. It pained me so much when it turned out to be true, that those people had embezzled so much amount of money.

For a moment there I felt the need to begin looking at Raila from different angle and scope, that he probably is one hero we have been denying him a chance to change our country. But while reflecting about him, he proceeded to embrace the Ngilus who got kicked out due to corruption, his own governors have been worse and has never raised a finger against them simply because they fund him.

You can't be a watchdog during the day but be something else when the night falls.
He raises his voice only when it suits him.

His party itself is full of very corrupt pipo, I am sure had Ann Waiguru decided to join his camp, and had value to add to his party, and by value I mean her political supporters, he wouldnt have rejected her.

Kaka Kenya tuna gatuzi 47 na kwa chama kimoja kuzoa 25 hicho ni kipigo balaa. Kumbuka hata vyama hivyo vingine kunavyo ambavyo vipo kwenye mlengo wa serikali kwa mfano kile cha 'Maendeleo chap chap' cha bwana Mutua.
Mkuu 51% majority kwenye senate na governors ndio kipigo balaaa???? Tena nmekuza tu ila walipata 24 yaani half ya seneti sasa kipigo gani hapo???

Kwa siasa zilivyo huyo mutua akimuunga mkono odinga kwenye urais hata ngilu pia so obviously watatengeneza coalition ya pamoja ya upinzani come 2022 ukizingatia siasa za kenya za ukabila nafkiri utanielewa namaanisha nni

Kwa ufupi hta kma ameshinda kihalali ila ameshinda kwa simple majority sio kipigo kma unavyotaka kupotosha

wakenya wote wanampenda Rao...sio kweli kura alizopata zinaonyesha...akalime awapishe wengine...alishauriwa amwachie Kalonzo au Mudavadi akagoma pia ma financial wa Nasa Jimmy, Joho n.k walisema ni Odinga tu...sasa kapigwa chalii kifo cha mende
Kapigwa kura milion 7???? Hivi odinga akisema afanye maandamano kwenye strongholds zake kenya itakalika??? Kumbuka major cities zote zilimvote odinga hivyo sio kweli kuwa Raila amepigwa ukizingatia anagombea na incumbent president hivyo kajitahidi sana

Pia hakukataa kumuachia musyoka au mudavadi ila walifanya utafiti na wakagundua raila is influencial than the latter and the former sasa ulitaka akatae kugombea??? Hivi kwa akili zako musyoka angemshinda kenyatta wakati hata ukambani kaambiwa wasimvote ngilu ama mutua ila bado wameshinda ndio sembuse Urais???

Raila Odinga had no business being in politics in the first place.

It's just that African politics revolve around nepotism and personality cults.

Uhuru is a product of the same nepotism by the way, but at least Uhuru can annunciate his words and does not sound like he is trying to talk while sucking on some sausage at the same time.

I have never understood what is Raila's appeal.The man is obviously not particularly smart.

What sealed my negative view of Raila was Miguna Miguna's expose in "Peeling Back The Mask: A Quest for Justice in Kenya".

Perhaps Uhuru is just as corrupt - or even more sullied by questions of dubiously acquired land-, and frankly, I am not following Kenyan politics closely.But from the perspective of a casual observer, Odinga is old, tired, laggard and not particularly smart while Uhuru appears to be the savvier candidate.

Moreover, being a Tanzanian suffering under the brutish "leadership" of Magufuli (in self imposed exile really) I can appreciate a president who at least tries to employ the powers of articulate rhetoric and cultivation of the image of a cultured man.

Uhuru at least tries to give presidential speeches. He just urged Kenyans to unite in a beautiful presidential call to unity (Magufuli would say "wale wote msionikubali mtaisoma namba").

Also, Uhuru did something that touched me even as I realized it may be a Machiavellian calculation to cultivate an image.When criticized severely by some Kenyan woman - I forgot her name- instead of unleashing his dogs on her -something Magufuli would do in a heartbeat- Uhuru played the bigger man by forgiving her.

Machiavellian or not, that is presidential.

As rules of thumbs go. That was a positive indicator that this man can take criticism without straying off his presidential calculations.

That is what a State House need.

Not the eruption of Oldonyo Lengai everytime a critic tries to be the anti-pope!

Frankly, I like how the Americans do their presidential contest. A challenger gets only one chance to contest the presidency, once he fails, somebody else tries.

In that setting, Raila would have been retired some time ago.

Back
Top Bottom