Obama speech on National Prayer Day

MaxShimba

JF-Expert Member
Apr 11, 2008
WASHINGTON (AFP) – President Barack Obama's two years in the White House have deepened his Christian faith, he said Thursday as he brushed aside lingering doubts by some Americans who still believe he is Muslim.

"The presidency has a funny way of making a person feel the need to pray," he said to warm laughter at the National Prayer Breakfast, an annual gathering that brings together thousands of religious and community leaders, lawmakers, Washington bureaucrats and international dignitaries.

"Like all of us, my faith journey has had its twists and turns. It hasn't always been a straight line. I have thanked God for the joys of parenthood and Michelle's willingness to put up with me," he said, speaking about his wife.

Obama's speech was personal in nature, as he spoke of how he "came to know Jesus Christ for myself and embrace him as my lord and savior" more than 20 years ago working as a community organizer in Chicago.

Presidency has 'deepened my faith,' Obama says - Yahoo! News

Obama said: I came to know Jesus Christ for myself and embrace him as my lord and savior" more than 20 years ago.

I hope this will clear him

Kumbe Obama ni mlokole........................du, Nice to hear that.

Back
Top Bottom