No Tanzanian in Sochi?

madboy

Jul 14, 2009
A TOTAL of 201 representatives have been selected to join MPs and members of the House of Representatives to form the Constituent Assembly.

These fine men and women were personally selected by Uncle Jack himself and it is reported that he considered age, gender, religion, political parties and regional balance.

These 201 ‘chosen ones’ will join the 357 MPs and 80 House of Representatives from Zanzibar and together will establish the eagerly awaited Constituent Assembly to kick-start the home-stretch for the envisaged new constitution. Good times.

This is the time to see who you may know on the list and to try to get them to lobby something that will benefit you. But while all this is going on, I want to know who from Tanzania has been sent to Sochi for the Winter Olympics? Anybody? Did I miss the flag handover ceremony?

The flag handover which is accompanied with wise words from Minister X given to a bunch of chaps who have looks on their faces that don’t particularly evoke confidence but alas, they are sent off to represent the country.

The Winter Olympics are on and you probably are wondering why Tanzania, an insanely tropical country would participate but why not?If you had the opportunity to watch the opening ceremony, you would have noticed that a whole bunch of mostly tropical countries participated in the winter Olympics too.

If you have ever experienced Makete, Mbeya or Arusha in June \[through July] right in the middle of our winter, you would know that Tanzania does in fact qualify to participate in the winter Olympics.

What would hurt us to get a few agile boys and girls from these places, train them and send them off to represent the country? Argentina, Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, Macedonia, Venezuela, Tonga, Togo and even Zimbwabwe were all in attendance at the open ceremony.

These countries climates approximately range from tropical to equatorial yet they were all in the building wearing custom designed winter coats, smiling for the camera and waving their flags high and proud.

Having spent enough time in the cold, our winter Olympics team would just need to learn how to manoeuvre around the ice without breaking any major vital bone and losing their lives while at it.

Either that or calling some of the Tanzanians we know who are currently living in cold areas to come represent their beloved country at the Olympics.

Not a big thing, especially for a country that has proved time and time again that we can do anything we put our mind to. I would willingly go if I could keep my balance and ice skate a few feet without falling flat.

There are some opportunities or fursa that are going without being tapped into.

Twitter: AMBYLusek Email: ms.lusekelo@ gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Madboy, I hope you are not really mad-man

For now let us concentrate on issues of new constitution, as you arlead know that member of constituent assembly are now putting more pressure on per diem and iPad, meanwhile the main job is not their first focus. We have been participating on these international games with awful failures, how do you think the person from Makete who lives at 12 degree as minimum temp. could survive in -15 degree? Ofcourse he/she can survive but wont performs. Let us invest on ather games at least we have little experience with

Apologies in advance Kiranga, your on english only section.

English only section kwani hapa "Smart Area" ya Jitegemee Secondary School?

Mark every post that is "english only replies" as "english only replies" so I know to not contribute.

Do you call that globish gibberish by that sorry excuse for a journalist Amby Lusekelo "English"?

madboy had we been successful in the summer olympics games i would have endorsed your post, but since we haven't been able to utilise that channel which requires less investment as compared to the winter olympics preparations for us found in the tropical regions it's best we let that opportunity pass us by.

so we can't create winter environment and qualify for the games eti madboy....?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom