My view on Kenya elevated express toll roads

ForeverMore

JF-Expert Member
Nov 12, 2014
First of all this is not a battle just an idea. Hopefully we call all contribute, share and learn from one another.

Okay, frankly I am not very fond of the toll roads being done in Kenya.

The idea of investors building the express roads is very good. Just not what they are building.

At minimum a person will need to pay Ksh 100 (more than TSh 2,000 like Kigamboni Bridge ) everytime they use the road. People will have to pay that to upto 30 years. That is a very very long time.

I think express roads does not help the majority of people like how BRT or cummuter train would.

Yes you gonna have awesome roads.

I think the government should have used the same idea to build commuter train rather than toll roads. You can even have BRT under it. Where BRT would stop every station but train not.

A city like Dar es Salaam and Dodoma for example, where the Government have planned to have commuter trains should consider this.

Kama barabara tu zina flood, tuna weka matuta for speed limit na kuzuia ajali, tutaweza on the ground and underground ltrains?

Nadhani nchi kama Tanzania ikichukua Kenya idea ya investor kujenga elevated express roads in return for toll fees, should build commuter train.

Yes, it's gonna cost more, but it will be worth it hata kama wata chukua fare for 30 years.

315044_00_N21_highresjpg-1980x1320.jpg
Aurecon-CTD-0228-Gallery.jpg

What is your opinion on the matter?

Attachments

• Carnegie.jpg
    Carnegie.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 2
  • ctd_2_5_cm1_claytonstation_7000x4666_02.jpg
    ctd_2_5_cm1_claytonstation_7000x4666_02.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Hughesdale_news.jpg
    Hughesdale_news.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2
  • scl-caulfield-to-dandenong-aerial-station-linkedin.jpg
    scl-caulfield-to-dandenong-aerial-station-linkedin.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2
Commuter trains and brt are already there.

I'll let the guys who are in the know to fill you in on the deets
Do you actually expect that commuter train to run for the next 10 - 20 years? Beside I am talking about SGR probably electric.

Last time I saw a news post abour BRT, they were unveiling 12 Buses for BRT.

Watu hupoteza masaa mangapi kunasa kwenye foleni? Kama unaweza tumia lita mbili hadi tatu umesimama tu si bora ulipe iyo Tsh 2000 uwahi kufika ukafanye mambo mengine!!

Kikubwa iyo barabara isitengeneze foleni popote iyo express kwelikweli...Ukishakua na uhakika wa kufika kazini kwa wakati na kurudi home kwa wakati mtaongeza uzalishaji mali na muda wa kupumzika pia utaongezeka. Kwa mtazamo wangu, hiyo expressway ni ya muhimu.

Commuter trains and brt are already there.

I'll let the guys who are in the know to fill you in on the deets
which commuter train r u talking about that one line ricket cum dilapilated MGR operated on write off spanish trains with platforms with stairs for the whole of Nairobi! R u kidding ama? wacha ujinga!

Watu hupoteza masaa mangapi kunasa kwenye foleni? Kama unaweza tumia lita mbili hadi tatu umesimama tu si bora ulipe iyo Tsh 2000 uwahi kufika ukafanye mambo mengine!

Kikubwa iyo barabara isitengeneze foleni popote iyo express kwelikweli. Ukishakua na uhakika wa kufika kazini kwa wakati na kurudi home kwa wakati mtaongeza uzalishaji mali na muda wa kupumzika pia utaongezeka. Kwa mtazamo wangu, hiyo expressway ni ya muhimu.
So you don't think ingekuwa bora kujenga SGR Commuter train instead? Ambayo ingesaidia everyone including kupunguza foleni?

Kweli uliona mbali

Hope Tanzania itazingatia haya
Miradi yao mingi inaambatana na rushwa! na mchina anajua kuwachezea kwelikweli! To me what they r building is wastage of a precious space that they could put up a state of the art 2 lines metro all the way to JKIA for masses!

halafu hata hizo pillars zingeweza kuwa designed kuacha nafasi ya mabasi kupita kwa kupishana! Ila mburura hawakufikiria hilo!

Kama huu mradi metro buses zinapita pia chini!
2685630_Carnegie.jpg

Tony254

First of all this is not a battle just an idea. Hopefully we call all contribute, share and learn from one another.

Okay, frankly I am not very fond of the toll roads being done in Kenya.

The idea of investors building the express roads is very good. Just not what they are building.

At minimum a person will need to pay Ksh 100 (more than TSh 2,000 like Kigamboni Bridge ) everytime they use the road. People will have to pay that to upto 30 years. That is a very very long time.

I think express roads does not help the majority of people like how BRT or cummuter train would.

Yes you gonna have awesome roads.

I think the government should have used the same idea to build commuter train rather than toll roads. You can even have BRT under it. Where BRT would stop every station but train not.

A city like Dar es Salaam and Dodoma for example, where the Government have planned to have commuter trains should consider this.

Kama barabara tu zina flood, tuna weka matuta for speed limit na kuzuia ajali, tutaweza on the ground and underground ltrains?

Nadhani nchi kama Tanzania ikichukua Kenya idea ya investor kujenga elevated express roads in return for toll fees, should build commuter train.

Yes, it's gonna cost more, but it will be worth it hata kama wata chukua fare for 30 years.

View attachment 1696148View attachment 1696149

What is your opinion on the matter?
You seem to forget there's BRT lanes on the expressway..............and yes, I too would prefer commuter trains over the expressway yet the expressway is still a good start. The commuter train is in plans but for now, the expressway with BRT is good to go.

So you don't think ingekuwa bora kujenga SGR Commuter train instead? Ambayo ingesaidia everyone including kupunguza foleni?
Watu wanahitaji kudrive gari zao...commuter train maana yake ukifika unakoenda utafute usafiri mwingine ila iyo imekaa kibepari zaidi...Ni idea nzuri pia. ..kumbuka japo kuna zalishwa moshi mwingi mchafu lakini pia uchumi unazunguka vIzuri, Fikiria watu laki 2 waache gari zao nyumbani wapande treni kwenda kazini wauza mafuta wamepoteza kaisi gani kwa siku?na ajira ngap ziko mashakani

Watu wanahitaji kudrive gari zao...commuter train maana yake ukifika unakoenda utafute usafiri mwingine ila iyo imekaa kibepari zaidi...Ni idea nzuri pia. ..kumbuka japo kuna zalishwa moshi mwingi mchafu lakini pia uchumi unazunguka vIzuri, Fikiria watu laki 2 waache gari zao nyumbani wapande treni kwenda kazini wauza mafuta wamepoteza kaisi gani kwa siku?na ajira ngap ziko mashakani
kwahiyo unamaanisha metro hata kama ya diesel itachafua mazingira kuliko magari? science ipi hiyo inakuambia hivyo? au mtaweka yale magarimoshi yenu mliyohadaiwa na Wachina?

Yah, I hear you, employment is a valid point.

But unless you are producing your own fuel, the country spends a lot of foreign currency importing fuels.

Beside, train will create employment too.

You seem to forget there's BRT lanes on the expressway..............and yes, I too would prefer commuter trains over the expressway yet the expressway is still a good start. The commuter train is in plans but for now, the expressway with BRT is good to go.
which BRT lanes on express way? wacha ujinga! hebu nionyeshe BRT itabakia vp abiria on top of that viaduct!

Mlihitaji kitu kama hiki!

Au kitu kama hiki basi juu magari then metro chini

4880.jpg

tatizo lenu ni mwingi wa kukurupuka!

So your source is a thread yourself on Jamii forums? Interestingly, I commented on the same thread and explained what's happening.

which BRT lanes on express way? wacha ujinga! hebu nionyeshe BRT itabakia vp abiria on top of that viaduct!

Mlihitaji kitu kama hiki!

Au kitu kama hiki basi juu magari then metro chini

4880.jpg

tatizo lenu ni ufala mwingi wa kukurupuka!

Do you want to learn or throw around childish insults?

So your source is a thread yourself on Jamii forums? Interestingly, I commented on the same thread and explained what's happening.

Seriously men, are you in denial or what?

It has the source in that post. You just had to open it and see. How is that so hard?

Here we go

Back
Top Bottom