Must read - Jenerali Ulimwengu at his best

Jenerali Ulimwengu is probably one of the top 5 Tanzanian writers alive today. Also in the same list are James Mpinga, Fili Karashani, Mkumbwa Ally and Benjamin Mkapa. The writing is impeccable and I learned the meaning of two new words from Jenerali's writing that I had to look up in the dictionary -- putative and casus belli.

I always enjoy reading Jenerali's works. He has real talent. But, I was a rather surprised why he didn't cite Jakaya Kikwete of Tanzania's October 31 election fiasco among Africa's election thieves. Jenerali only mentioned Zanzibar in passing, but I think being a Tanzanian, he should have devoted at least 3 paragraphs in his column to explain to the world how Kikwete and his ruling party RAPED the electoral process.

I read Jenerali's previous writings in The East African and was thoroughly impressed with his analysis on CCM hat-trick of own goals etc, but I think he did his readers an injustice in this brilliant piece on Ivory Coast by not mentioning the Tanzanian election.

Agreed. No mention of uchakachuaji in Tz, no mentioning of election thieves CCM, Kikwete, Makame, Kiravu et al.

Other than that, a fine article.

... and that is still so pround continent called Africa, trying to device coping methods for the advent competitive politics and democracy.

The end MUST at all times Justify the means even if it would going round the field in a solo-race and still announce yourself an emphatic victory (Ushindi wa Kishindo tena) and to carry high into the air a placard with ,KWA CCM USHINDI NI LAZIMA DAIMA' emblem.

And shamelessly sound a 'Kidumu Chama Cha Mapinduzi' slogan to a thunderous answer of a hoard of stand-by Hyenas, Muggers, drugg-peddlers and Highway robbers as the rather traditional Congratulary messages pouring in even if it is just from some neighbouring villages and towns within a country!!

Nchi chache sana barani Africa zinafanya uchaguzi kwa maana halisi ya neno lenyewe. Mimi naifahamu Botswana, Ghana na South Africa. Huku kungine ni maigizo tu na kuangalia Magharibi wanamtaka nani basi.

Back
Top Bottom